• Thread starter Deleted member 23202
  • Start date
  • Watchers 67

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Hi everybody! I'm in Durham, but I just say RDU area since it's the part where Durham, Raleigh and Mooresville all meet up. I have not ordered my Gladiator yet, waiting for Gator (maybe Gobi) so doubt I will be able to do anything till November at the earliest. But would love to take some trips if I have a free weekend.

I am still tossing and turning at night because I want a Rubi, but I keep going back to the S, max tow and just add to it as I have funds or need to. Which may be best plan since I won't be doing heavy off-road any time soon. It is going to be my daily driver so I need to keep it in good shape. Guess either way, I would be good with less aggressive trails, especially as I re-learn. I haven't been off-road in many years.

On a slightly different note, if the trails are easy enough, my wife would LOVE to bring her Renegade Trailhawk on some runs. It's stock now, but would like to get it lifted a little and some different tires in the future.
I would love to see a Renegade on the trails! I am finding that a lot of folks are nervous about going off-road so i am looking for some easier trails to ease folks in. I’m not very experienced and my JLU Sport isn’t lifted and i have found that there is a lot i can do no problem.
Sponsored

Scouser

First Name
Devlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator ordered 9/21/19, Delivered 11/15/19
Occupation
Props, Costumes and lots of paperwork
I was about floored when we were looking for a car for my wife. She wanted the brightest green possible... ok, no problem, hyper green maybe? She likes smaller cars. Then she said she would like to try off-roading. I had to ask her to repeat herself. She said she always rode with me, she would like to try it. So I started looking for a trailhawk as quick as I could. I never thought I would hear that. lol Luckily there was one available and she loves it. So we are going to see what we can do with it to be more prepared for off-road. It has been a little bit of a challenge but this is her first Jeep and she is very excited. She got a Jeep wave a few weeks back and she had to come home and tell me all about it. Then she asked about Jeep Jamboree. I hated to tell her they have not done those in years as far as I know. Glad she is excited about the Jeep and being part of the Jeep community.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
I was about floored when we were looking for a car for my wife. She wanted the brightest green possible... ok, no problem, hyper green maybe? She likes smaller cars. Then she said she would like to try off-roading. I had to ask her to repeat herself. She said she always rode with me, she would like to try it. So I started looking for a trailhawk as quick as I could. I never thought I would hear that. lol Luckily there was one available and she loves it. So we are going to see what we can do with it to be more prepared for off-road. It has been a little bit of a challenge but this is her first Jeep and she is very excited. She got a Jeep wave a few weeks back and she had to come home and tell me all about it. Then she asked about Jeep Jamboree. I hated to tell her they have not done those in years as far as I know. Glad she is excited about the Jeep and being part of the Jeep community.
There's a Jeep Jamboree in Uwharrie in October! I think it's sold out though...

Scouser

First Name
Devlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator ordered 9/21/19, Delivered 11/15/19
Occupation
Props, Costumes and lots of paperwork
I just looked that up. Didn't know they had them still since I have not had a Wrangler in some time. She did say Jeep Jamboree, but after I looked those up, I remembered it was Camp Jeep we went to every year till they stopped it the year all the car companies ran into financial trouble. We really enjoyed those a lot. Loved picking our trails and being able to sign up for different classes and round table discussions. I think I still have a bag full of antenna balls from the last one. Would love to see that again.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
If any of the North Carolina guys are interested in getting their Gladiators off-road PM me. We do regular trips to Uwharrie and get out to other trails as well. I can put y’all on the list to notify when we go out.

We had a big group of Jeeps at Uwharrie yesterday and a couple of guys are going out today. There’s a trip almost every weekend.

All skill levels and vehicles. Several of us have stock or mostly stock vehicles and we have a lot of first-timers as well as some real experienced off-roaders.

I know a lot of us are curious what a Gladiator will do on the trails!
I'll be in Charlotte Labor Day weekend for the Carolina vs. Chapel Hill game. I'm thinking about hitting up Uwharrie while I'm over there. Anybody else going to be around? Think I can tackle Dickey Bell Trail with a fairly stock Overland? I have the optional anti-spin differential, and a recovery kit.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be in Charlotte Labor Day weekend for the Carolina vs. Chapel Hill game. I'm thinking about hitting up Uwharrie while I'm over there. Anybody else going to be around? Think I can tackle Dickey Bell Trail with a fairly stock Overland? I have the optional anti-spin differential, and a recovery kit.
We are going up and hitting Hurricane Creek over Labor Day weekend. But I’ll check around and see if anyone will be around for Uwharrie.

Haven’t seen a Gladiator on Dickey Bell yet. There is one spot you can definitely get high-centered if you are not careful. And a spot that you will have to be spotted carefully or you are going to bang up that long bed. I would take it so you go down the Rock Garden (east to west) and strongly consider taking the bypass. The rest you shouldn’t have trouble with.

We’ve take a stock Sahara JLU down the rock garden, but the Gladiator may have a little tougher time.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
We are going up and hitting Hurricane Creek over Labor Day weekend. But I’ll check around and see if anyone will be around for Uwharrie.

Haven’t seen a Gladiator on Dickey Bell yet. There is one spot you can definitely get high-centered if you are not careful. And a spot that you will have to be spotted carefully or you are going to bang up that long bed. I would take it so you go down the Rock Garden (east to west) and strongly consider taking the bypass. The rest you shouldn’t have trouble with.

We’ve take a stock Sahara JLU down the rock garden, but the Gladiator may have a little tougher time.
Most of the videos I've seen of the Rock Garden are going up, so I didn't know you could go down. That's good to know. That is probably the only spot I've seen on the trail that makes me really nervous.

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
Don't have my Gladiator yet. Waynesville, NC

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of the videos I've seen of the Rock Garden are going up, so I didn't know you could go down. That's good to know. That is probably the only spot I've seen on the trail that makes me really nervous.
I've only run it down. Gonna run it up next time. Feel like down is definitely easier.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of guys going to Uwharrie Saturday at 10am. I can’t make it, but let me know if anyone is interested and i can get you details.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should check on the North Carolina thread in the JL Wrangler forum. Sounds like there may be some interest in hitting UWharrie on Sunday over Labor Day weekend. What day were you thinking of going?

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should check on the North Carolina thread in the JL Wrangler forum. Sounds like there may be some interest in hitting UWharrie on Sunday over Labor Day weekend. What day were you thinking of going?
I was thinking either Friday or Sunday. Saturday I'll be tailgating and going to the football game. I'll take a look at the JL forum, and hope they don't give me too much grief for having a JT. ;)
Thanks for the heads up!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking either Friday or Sunday. Saturday I'll be tailgating and going to the football game. I'll take a look at the JL forum, and hope they don't give me too much grief for having a JT. ;)
Thanks for the heads up!
Honestly we are all really excited to see a JT on the trail. Most of us are JT fans.

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
Just checking in from Trinity. I got my JT on 08/29 and haven't been able to stop smiling since. I haven't been to URE in a few years but the thought of taking my JT down in there makes me cringe. Maybe Wolf's Den.