South Carolina JTs

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Does anybody know of any trails close to the Sumter SC area? Specifically by Poinsett State Park in Wedgefield? Going to be down there for a few days and was hoping that there was even a dirt road around there that would be fun to take the kids on.

Everything I found in the immediate area doesn't allow for anything beyond dirt bikes and ATVs.
I have only been to Poinsett State Park once, but it was nice to walk around and they had a pond.

My wife went the week before, missed the turn and ended up down a dirt road. She said she went a ways before turning around... and looking at the google map I think you can probably drive a little ways on it.

But I haven't been on it myself. Just thought I'd mention it since it was literally right next to the park entrance if you're going that way. I saw a few churches down the road so it's maybe it's in decent condition.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I have only been to Poinsett State Park once, but it was nice to walk around and they had a pond.

My wife went the week before, missed the turn and ended up down a dirt road. She said she went a ways before turning around... and looking at the google map I think you can probably drive a little ways on it.

But I haven't been on it myself. Just thought I'd mention it since it was literally right next to the park entrance if you're going that way. I saw a few churches down the road so it's maybe it's in decent condition.
It looks llke a nice place, overall, does worry me a little that it looks pretty small.

thats awesome there is something so close to try. even to just go exploring a little on there might be fun. I did a little more searching and it looks like there might be other dirt roads there as part of the forest.

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Shame on ya'll for letting our beloved State thread to slip to page 2. I've been debating very hard for over a year now whether to upgrade to the Clayton 2.5" plus lift or whatever it's called. I'm rated 70% through the VA for injuries and am north of 50.

Next time you see me on the road here in Rock Hill, flag me down if you have a 2.5" lift kit and let me hop in to settle this once and for all. Either I can or can't, but I need to try. I'll let you hold my keys as collateral. Here is what I look like until it gets too cold. After that, this is what I look like but with doors and a back window...and soft top secured:
Jeep Gladiator South Carolina JTs 20211002_185947
Jeep Gladiator South Carolina JTs 00000177.JPG
Jeep Gladiator South Carolina JTs STC_0254.JPG

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Shame on ya'll for letting our beloved State thread to slip to page 2. I've been debating very hard for over a year now whether to upgrade to the Clayton 2.5" plus lift or whatever it's called. I'm rated 70% through the VA for injuries and am north of 50.

Next time you see me on the road here in Rock Hill, flag me down if you have a 2.5" lift kit and let me hop in to settle this once and for all. Either I can or can't, but I need to try. I'll let you hold my keys as collateral. Here is what I look like until it gets too cold. After that, this is what I look like but with doors and a back window...and soft top secured:
I am in Rock Hill. I just put a 3.5-inch Clayton Overland lift on my JT. You’re more than welcome to check it out.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Planning a trip to UWharrie on Nov-13 if anyone is interested

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'll be making the trip one day, but Saturdays are out. Young'uns got league bowling. I did make it to Tennessee a couple of months ago for some Mountain trails at the Navy Seals Jeep trails.

Sponsored

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Does anybody know of any trails close to the Sumter SC area? Specifically by Poinsett State Park in Wedgefield? Going to be down there for a few days and was hoping that there was even a dirt road around there that would be fun to take the kids on.

Everything I found in the immediate area doesn't allow for anything beyond dirt bikes and ATVs.
A bit late on the response but there are a lot of dirt roads in Manchester State Forest, right next to Poinsett. My wife and I drive them when we head to Poinsett to mtb.

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
Fort Mill checking in. New owner as of yesterday! 22 Mojave, love it.
Anyone have a recommendation on where to go for recalibrating the speedo after going up tire size?

thanks!

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Fort Mill checking in. New owner as of yesterday! 22 Mojave, love it.
Anyone have a recommendation on where to go for recalibrating the speedo after going up tire size?

thanks!
Welcome.
Buy a JScan, bypass cable and extension cable and do it yourself. If you think you want more customization, spend a little more and get a Tazer.

MJRSC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Occupation
Lawyer
Welcome.
Buy a JScan, bypass cable and extension cable and do it yourself. If you think you want more customization, spend a little more and get a Tazer.
Ok will do, appreciate it.
Sponsored