• Thread starter Deleted member 23202
  • Start date
  • Watchers 67

cj8scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR MT Sarge Green
Live in Raleigh. Flying down to Nashville next month to pick my JT up from Gupton Motors! Looking forward to getting her off-road soon!
@Spoonman I'm thinking about ordering from Gupton as well. Have you figured out transportation from Nashville to Gupton? Seems a bit far for an Uber.
Sponsored

Spoonman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Financial Services
@Spoonman I'm thinking about ordering from Gupton as well. Have you figured out transportation from Nashville to Gupton? Seems a bit far for an Uber.
Uber or Lyft may be what we end up doing. I was planning on calling them prior to flying out to see if there is any possibility of someone picking us up at the airport and bringing us to the dealership. I’ll let you know how it happens. LOL!

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
I make trips to Edenton / Out Banks regularly.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Uber or Lyft may be what we end up doing. I was planning on calling them prior to flying out to see if there is any possibility of someone picking us up at the airport and bringing us to the dealership. I’ll let you know how it happens. LOL!
They will pick you up at the airport or hotel as long as you let them know your arrival plans. They did for me at least. Flew out on the first flight and arrived around 8am. Purchase was complete by 11. There was 3 other people making out of town purchases at the same time. We were all picked up at the airport.

Fyi an Uber or Lyft would be expensive. About a 45 minute ride to the dealership from the airport from what i remember.

Only tough part was keeping it to 50 MPH on the way home on I-40. Need to be 50 MPH for 500 miles for break in period as stated in the manual. Tractor Trailers were flying by me LOL.

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
Only tough part was keeping it to 50 MPH on the way home on I-40. Need to be 50 MPH for 500 miles for break in period as stated in the manual. Tractor Trailers were flying by me LOL.
The dealer must have missed explaining that one to me. I took delivery with 24 miles on mine and definitely didn’t keep it to 50mph for 500mi.

Sponsored

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Heading out to Ft. Fisher this weekend, and want to camp overnight in our truck bed tent. It'll be my first time staying overnight on the beach, so what do I need to know?

Hard rules? Unspoken rules? Do I have to worry about the tide?

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Hard rule - you can't camp there so you don't have to worry about the tide
I mean, sure. You "can't camp there." But you can "fish" there overnight while keeping yourself "out of the elements," right? (Air quotes. Air quotes everywhere.)

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
A post I found on the net that is really dated, but sounds like solid advice:

Here is my experience with "camping" on Ft Fisher

A definition of "camping" needs to be understood on Ft Fisher. So here goes:

1. There is the Ranger from Hell that will give you crap. He is the head Ranger. The other two will generally leave you alone as long as you are not to far out of line with the "Rules on Camping" as they are posted.

2. Camping cannot include an enclosed tent with walls. A pop up canopy, ie Shelter Logic, is allowed. Cots are iffey, best to sleep in a reclining beach chair, on the sand or in the truck or SUV. (I have slept on the beach in a Cabella's tent cot 3 times in the past and one ranger said it was a no no the other 2 rangers said it was fine.)

3. Sleeping in an over the truck bed camper or shell is "tolerated" (meaning they don't say anything to you).

4. One must be actively fishing at all times,,,meaning a rod with a line and hook in the water is required. Bait is optional, meaning you might not want to drop off to sleep with a baited hook in the water as you may wake up with no rod in the sand spike:D:D:D

5. No fires allowed EXCEPT a portable propane outside firepit (I know, I have one, the ranger inspected it one night and said it was ok).

7. If you are consuming any type of adult beverages, make sure they are well hidden and empty cans are not visible in the trash bags. (from experience):D

Now if you can follow all of the above, you should be able to stay over night on the beach,,,,but you cannot camp,,,hint hint:cool:🆒

PS:

There are foxes and coyotes on the island and have no fear about coming up to your site and eating anything left out.:eek::eek: Put all food in a secure place.

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
If any of the North Carolina guys are interested in getting their Gladiators off-road PM me. We do regular trips to Uwharrie and get out to other trails as well. I can put y’all on the list to notify when we go out.

We had a big group of Jeeps at Uwharrie yesterday and a couple of guys are going out today. There’s a trip almost every weekend.

All skill levels and vehicles. Several of us have stock or mostly stock vehicles and we have a lot of first-timers as well as some real experienced off-roaders.

I know a lot of us are curious what a Gladiator will do on the trails!
I know it’s an old post, but I got out to Uwharrie about once a month last year. Looking to meetup with some people in the area.

Overland Bound Rigs & Coffee - Charlotte monthly meetup
2nd Saturday of the month.

March 12, 2022 10:00am-12:00pm
Caribou Coffee
7804 Fairview Rd.,
Charlotte, NC 28226

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I know it’s an old post, but I got out to Uwharrie about once a month last year. Looking to meetup with some people in the area.

Overland Bound Rigs & Coffee - Charlotte monthly meetup
2nd Saturday of the month.

March 12, 2022 10:00am-12:00pm
Caribou Coffee
7804 Fairview Rd.,
Charlotte, NC 28226
I did not realize there was one of these in Charlotte. I'm planning to be there on Saturday.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I wish there were one near Thomasville/High Point. With gas prices right now, be an expensive round trip for coffee. Looking for a get together at Uwharrie some this summer though.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
I wish there were one near Thomasville/High Point. With gas prices right now, be an expensive round trip for coffee. Looking for a get together at Uwharrie some this summer though.
Come on Don might as well come out now before gas really gets expensive. I think I may make this one finally and I'm coming from Clemmons. I think I finally have a non crazy weekend.