• Watchers 67

run2recovery

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland
Hey, thanks much. I've been to CB Freeman Park several times in the past with my JKU. Was not aware of Ft. Fisher access before. I'll definitely hit the park while I am there.
it is much quieter and low key. I lived in Wilmington for a couple years and always went to Ft Fisher.
Sponsored

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
it is much quieter and low key. I lived in Wilmington for a couple years and always went to Ft Fisher.
That is what I'm looking for as I retired a few weeks back. Not looking for a party crew and if I'm not mistaken, Ft. Fisher is a bit cheaper as well.

run2recovery

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland
That is what I'm looking for as I retired a few weeks back. Not looking for a party crew and if I'm not mistaken, Ft. Fisher is a bit cheaper as well.
it is. If your going to be there for a couple days it is worth it to get the season pass. It really isn't that much more expensive than the daily rate if I recall correctly.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
it is. If your going to be there for a couple days it is worth it to get the season pass. It really isn't that much more expensive than the daily rate if I recall correctly.
Plan on being there a week. So may go the season pass route.

Sponsored

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
Any Willys wheeling in Uwharrie?

I have a stock Willys and bottom out on the motocross style humps. Iā€™ve only been there 4 times but the skid plates are already looking pretty rough.

Anyone with 35s and a 2-3.5ā€ lift can confirm this resolves the problem?

cjellan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Executive
I think most of this is covered, but I just went on my first ā€œrealā€ trail experience at Uwharrie and took on Wolfden and Falls Dam solo (well, I had my husky as a spotterā€¦). This was in a stock JTR. I was in 4H for Wolfden and 4L in Falls Dam. I disconnected the sway on each (donā€™t really think it was needed).

Wolfden was perfect for a newbie with enough fun to be had, but I didnā€™t feel like there were any consequential mistakes as long as youā€™re careful. I only scraped a little bit on one of the water control hills they have - I took these ULTRA slow and tried to take them a little off center so my JT would be centered on the lowest point of these hills. There is one super tight turn that I had to 3-point, but nothing too bad even with our longer wheel base. Iā€™m not the best navigator, so I think I missed a small piece of this one. For those familiar, there is a point on the trail where you can take a sharp right and go up a fairly steep hill that ends on one of the service roads OR you can turn left up a few pretty large rocks. I went right up the hill. Would love to hear any input from folks that know what I missed.

Falls Dam was a bit of a different story. Lots of fun, but I started at the main trail head and the first thing you encounter is a huge mud puddle thatā€™s hard to see how deep it is. The Jeep took it easily, but it was nerve wracking for a second as it took a 1-2 foot drop before flattening out and it was my first time out here. Most of the trail is super fun and easy even for a beginner. There is one point than includes quite a rocky drop that I took a gnarly scrape on (luckily caught by the factory skids), but it may have been because the sh*t line I took. Either way, it was a smidge dicier than I expected, but not terrible. Thereā€™s one other part that takes a pretty accurate line and I had a fair amount of articulation. All other parts were great/easy, but I did scrape on more of the weather control humps than on Wolfden. Nothing too bad, just a little cringey hearing it.

Included a couple of pics from the fun - one of which is my expert spotter taking the lead on Wolfden!

77509EC3-E81B-4BF9-A41D-40C94C0D9C6C.jpeg

01B6C068-E43B-46D8-BE89-675E3CC315FA.jpeg

CF9661FF-75C6-4169-8A17-C2B1F6E44A07.jpeg

4B3D45F9-DBD7-4AC2-A85B-43759CB27222.jpeg

E43522E7-07EB-4E7C-B6A5-7D7DCA3A13D6.jpeg

C4E0717F-4755-439D-8C41-E86F9240D729.jpeg

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Any Willys wheeling in Uwharrie?

I have a stock Willys and bottom out on the motocross style humps. Iā€™ve only been there 4 times but the skid plates are already looking pretty rough.

Anyone with 35s and a 2-3.5ā€ lift can confirm this resolves the problem?
We were there a few months ago. I had a Rubicon with 1.5-spacer in front and 0.75-inch spacer in rear on 35ā€™s. We had no issues with the bumps but bottomed out a couple times on Dickey Bell. Earned our first BOH there. UWharrie cost me a lotā€¦. Now I have a 3.5-inch Clayton lift and have had 37ā€™s on order for a whileā€¦. Canā€™t wait to get back and climb Daniel

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I think most of this is covered, but I just went on my first ā€œrealā€ trail experience at Uwharrie and took on Wolfden and Falls Dam solo (well, I had my husky as a spotterā€¦). This was in a stock JTR. I was in 4H for Wolfden and 4L in Falls Dam. I disconnected the sway on each (donā€™t really think it was needed).

Wolfden was perfect for a newbie with enough fun to be had, but I didnā€™t feel like there were any consequential mistakes as long as youā€™re careful. I only scraped a little bit on one of the water control hills they have - I took these ULTRA slow and tried to take them a little off center so my JT would be centered on the lowest point of these hills. There is one super tight turn that I had to 3-point, but nothing too bad even with our longer wheel base. Iā€™m not the best navigator, so I think I missed a small piece of this one. For those familiar, there is a point on the trail where you can take a sharp right and go up a fairly steep hill that ends on one of the service roads OR you can turn left up a few pretty large rocks. I went right up the hill. Would love to hear any input from folks that know what I missed.

Falls Dam was a bit of a different story. Lots of fun, but I started at the main trail head and the first thing you encounter is a huge mud puddle thatā€™s hard to see how deep it is. The Jeep took it easily, but it was nerve wracking for a second as it took a 1-2 foot drop before flattening out and it was my first time out here. Most of the trail is super fun and easy even for a beginner. There is one point than includes quite a rocky drop that I took a gnarly scrape on (luckily caught by the factory skids), but it may have been because the sh*t line I took. Either way, it was a smidge dicier than I expected, but not terrible. Thereā€™s one other part that takes a pretty accurate line and I had a fair amount of articulation. All other parts were great/easy, but I did scrape on more of the weather control humps than on Wolfden. Nothing too bad, just a little cringey hearing it.

Included a couple of pics from the fun - one of which is my expert spotter taking the lead on Wolfden!

Jeep Gladiator North Carolina C4E0717F-4755-439D-8C41-E86F9240D729

Thanks for this post. Really good to know, I am also stock and have been concerned based on everybody seemingly being on at least 35s

RaleighRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Grey Gladiator Rubicon
I have only been out to Uwharrie a handful of times over the past 15 years (and I haven't been there in my JT yet) but it got much more challenging from the first time I was out there. I first wheeled my stock FJ Cruiser, then a stock 2-door JK Rubicon, and most recently a stock Tacoma TRD Pro. I only felt comfortable running a few trails out there in my stock Tacoma. I'll wait until I get my Clayton lift and larger tires before I take my JT out there.

BlueGlady

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
USPO

I think that's called the "Soup Bowl"

james_f

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Trading in my gladiator very soon in Wilmington. I have 5 Toyo Open Country AT3's 35s on Black Polished Rubicon wheels. Anyone interested in swapping + cash for Rubicon stockers? 3800 on the wheels, less than 2000 on the tires.

Also have some LOD rocksliders / steps, AWE exhaust and a Bakflip X4s tonneau.

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Jeep Gladiator North Carolina 0E293CB5-D715-4658-9705-DAAC1263FDF4

Wilmington here and a Jeep newbie. Looking to tackle Uhwarrie next year with a Rubicon buddy out of Apex.
Sponsored