First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ, 2021 Grand Limited, 2021 Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
Was out at Ft Fischer yesterday. 1st time off-road with my Mojave, had issues with the JT, put it in 4lo with ESC off, off-road + and locked, got ABS malfunction and flashing brake lights. JT would shudder and lose power . Shut Jeep down and restarted and it seemed to work. I did seem to struggle in the sand with it as I did not air down, and I had a full load of people and gear.
Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Was out at Ft Fischer yesterday. 1st time off-road with my Mojave, had issues with the JT, put it in 4lo with ESC off, off-road + and locked, got ABS malfunction and flashing brake lights. JT would shudder and lose power . Shut Jeep down and restarted and it seemed to work. I did seem to struggle in the sand with it as I did not air down, and I had a full load of people and gear.
Airing down to 15-20 psi is a must. I usually just run in 4H. Haven't had my JT on the beach yet, but will this weekend in the OBX. Probably better not to engage the locker.

brhonemus

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Arama, 2015 BMW X5
Occupation
Headhunter
We’ve been to Ft Fisher every weekend with our Mohave, and no issues, aired down to 25, 4H.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
I'm headed to Carolina Beach in August and plan on hitting the beach every day. Where is access at Ft. Fisher if you dont mind my asking?

bac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Hi all, I'm in Nags Head year-round and just picked up my Mojave this week. Plan on going down to Hatteras this weekend.

Would like to meet up with anyone coming to the OBX.

Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold JLU Sport S for JTM, JL Willys Sport
Hi all, I'm in Nags Head year-round and just picked up my Mojave this week. Plan on going down to Hatteras this weekend.

Would like to meet up with anyone coming to the OBX.
Been in Rodanthe all week. We're checking out Sat AM unfortunately. The weather has been great. Low 80s no rain. Doors been off all week with rain gear cover at night just in case.

Did Ramp 25, 27 and checked out cape point.

Jeep Gladiator North Carolina 20210627_121246
Jeep Gladiator North Carolina 20210627_121719

Jfondren3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Audi Q3
Can't remember if I have introduced myself, but I'm down in the Cameron area. Bought my JTM a couple of months ago and I'm looking forward to getting it off road. I'm hoping to make a beach trip in September as well.

It's been a couple of years since I've been to any Jeep events, but now that I'm back in the family I'll be looking forward to some meet ups.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I'm just outside of Asheville if anybody is up for hitting mild to moderate trails or even an old service road.

bac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Just registered for the OBX Jeep Invasion. Not sure what to expect but it was not expensive and just up the road one mile.

Anyone else coming?

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just registered for the OBX Jeep Invasion. Not sure what to expect but it was not expensive and just up the road one mile.

Anyone else coming?
When is it?

Sponsored

run2recovery

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Overland
I'm headed to Carolina Beach in August and plan on hitting the beach every day. Where is access at Ft. Fisher if you dont mind my asking?
It is at the south end of Carolina Beach. Just Google Fort Fisher Recreational area. There is also a beach access on the north end of CB. The north end is not a state park and allows alcohol and over night camping on the beach, the Fort Fisher area does not allow alcohol and I believe closes at dusk.

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is at the south end of Carolina Beach. Just Google Fort Fisher Recreational area. There is also a beach access on the north end of CB. The north end is not a state park and allows alcohol and over night camping on the beach, the Fort Fisher area does not allow alcohol and I believe closes at dusk.
Hey, thanks much. I've been to CB Freeman Park several times in the past with my JKU. Was not aware of Ft. Fisher access before. I'll definitely hit the park while I am there.
Sponsored