Margie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2dr Rubicon
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Dude! That is lame that you can’t order with the satin black grille. I think you can buy one after market for nearly the same price though.
On the tonneau cover, I was just asked hard or soft hahahaha. I really wanted something more secure and was only going to order the roll up as a, “better than nothing” option until hard covers came out. So, it looks like the delay in release helped me out there.
The delay also meant that steel front bumpers are back.
Here’s hoping that nothing gets me hung up.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Dude! That is lame that you can’t order with the satin black grille. I think you can buy one after market for nearly the same price though.
On the tonneau cover, I was just asked hard or soft hahahaha. I really wanted something more secure and was only going to order the roll up as a, “better than nothing” option until hard covers came out. So, it looks like the delay in release helped me out there.
The delay also meant that steel front bumpers are back.
Here’s hoping that nothing gets me hung up.
I had to work until 7:00 today, and was unable to get to the dealership to order mine on day 1 :(...I won't know "for sure" until I go tomorrow (on day 2) and place my order. All I know is what I'm able to read in the various documents on the site here, which may or may not match "reality"...

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Ready to see hydro on dealer lots. I'm in between punkin and hydro. My wife like hydro but meh on punkin so I'm pretty sure you know what color I'll get next year, just waiting to see in person

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
Ready to see hydro on dealer lots. I'm in between punkin and hydro. My wife like hydro but meh on punkin so I'm pretty sure you know what color I'll get next year, just waiting to see in person
Go find a Ram in Hydro...they are on the lots.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Go find a Ram in Hydro...they are on the lots.

@vegas_rubi what is this satin grille that you ordered?
I know the colors are out there but I want to physically touch a hydro jt. I'm picky...there were punkin wranglers all over the lot but kept waiting to see if I liked it until one finally came in. I'll do the same with hydro. I've got till next year to wait to order so all I've got is time on my hands

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Sounds like the old joke...

She wanted a cat and I didn't so we compromised and got a cat.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
This is the first time I've seen the black satin grille option. Is that only available with the Rubicon, or can us lowly Sport-S folk get it, too?

Edit: per the 08/14/2019 ordering guide: only Overlands and Rubicons need apply...Doesn't appear you can get that with a Sport.
A grille is only about $200 and you don't even have to paint it. If you go that route, I'm sure you'll be able to find a buyer for a hydro blue grille. Someone will want to either replace a damaged one or have blue as an accent color.

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
A grille is only about $200 and you don't even have to paint it. If you go that route, I'm sure you'll be able to find a buyer for a hydro blue grille. Someone will want to either replace a damaged one or have blue as an accent color.
Keeps "nudging" me to the Overland instead of Sport S -- gotta get the Overland to get the 8.4" radio, the saddle leather, and now the satin black grille. Only I want the black fenders, and I like the Sport S wheels better...

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keeps "nudging" me to the Overland instead of Sport S -- gotta get the Overland to get the 8.4" radio, the saddle leather, and now the satin black grille. Only I want the black fenders, and I like the Sport S wheels better...
I'll give you some things to think about on this.
1. Katskin seat covers cost roughly the same as getting leather.
2. it is EASY to upgrade the 7" uConnect to the 8.4". There is a thread on it in the Audio/Electronics forum on JLWranglerForums.com
3. On the flip side, the Overland lets you get the LED lights. Trust me, the halogens on the Sport S SUCK MONKEY BALLS!
4. You'll be able find an owner that will swap fenders with you. You might even get some cash on the deal.

vegas_rubi

First Name
Margie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2dr Rubicon
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does Overland have to have the painted fenders?
I like the LE rims, but that was just too much extra stuff I didn't want.

vegas_rubi

First Name
Margie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 2dr Rubicon
Occupation
Controls Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get your VON. Should the dealer get that as soon as they place the order?

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does Overland have to have the painted fenders?
I like the LE rims, but that was just too much extra stuff I didn't want.
I'd have to check the order guide to be sure, but I think painted fenders are standard on the Overland. It's an option on the Rubicon and Sport.

DamonC64

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon
I wish the basic cloth on the Rubicon came with the gray dash and white stitching on everything instead of all the red. It sucks having to spend the money for the tan leather just to get rid of the red.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish the basic cloth on the Rubicon came with the gray dash and white stitching on everything instead of all the red. It sucks having to spend the money for the tan leather just to get rid of the red.
It's fairly easy to paint the dash or even go for a DIY wrap.

But yes, I agree with you...