Lane's Versatile Red Rubicon build

Lpugmire

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Hi Everyone! I'm sure that there's nothing special about my build, but I thought I'd share what I've done and for what reasons. Hopefully my build will help others who are contemplating what to do to their rig.

I finally took possession of my 2020 Jeep Gladiator on August 27th after a very trying ordering process. I won't go into all of the details, but I'll summarize it by saying I ordered a fully loaded white Rubicon on April 29th. After 5 months of being in D status and with no explanation of what was holding up my order, numerous calls to Jeep and being escalated (producing nothing), seeing numerous Gladiators with late color availability colors being delivered yet mine wasn't scheduled, etc...I canceled my order. I ended up buying a red Rubicon off the lot of another local dealer. I want to say that I don't blame the initial dealer for the situation, I hold Jeep responsible. I could go on and on but I'll just stop. My story isn't unique.

I ended up purchasing a red Rubicon with all options EXCEPT the color matched top, core heater, bedliner, bed cover, steel front bumper and trail cam. Not deal breakers but still items I wish I had. I had put a deposit down on the initial Jeep I ordered and also ordered some extras from the parts department. The dealership understood my frustration and simply put my deposit towards the parts I ordered. So, I picked up my red Rubicon on Aug 27th and drove it straight to the initial dealership. They installed my 2" Mopar lift and my 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 17" Black Rhino Armory rims. I also got the Mopar tube doors and they will match my tint on the front windows in the near future. The reason I didn't have the tint done immediately...I was taking this rig to Moab!

I got my Jeep back on August 29th and was on my way to Moab on August 30th. For the previous 5 months I probably watched every video made with a Jeep Gladiator in it and I was disappointed that I never saw one, except the concept vehicles during Jeep Safari Weekend, so I was anxious to see how it would perform. Like so many of you, I had my concerns about breakover angle and departure angle. I can tell you in the end that I was not disappointed. As a matter of fact, my Gladiator exceeded my expectations! Just to get this out there before I get a ton of criticism, I'm not an experienced off-roader. I have been to Moab once before in my 2 door JK and have wheeled a few local trails, but I'm by no means experienced. In addition, I'm not an experienced videographer so be kind when you watch the video I created. I apologize in advance most of the video being in portrait but me and my beautiful wife to be didn't realize this until we viewed the footage after the fact.

Here is a link to my youtube video:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lpugmire

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Here are a few of the other things I have put on my rig:

Rydonair Antenna 13" - Works well and it's not 4 feet tall like the stock one.

Xbeek Black Center Console Organizer - Love this thing! Adds another layer to my storage.

Arc Off Road Door hangers - I wanted to get the ones that the doors hung off of the hinges but after looking at the images closely they looked like they were spot welded and I didn't want to trust my doors to the strength of those welds.

Roll bar grab handles - These came in handy in Moab!

All of these items were on Amazon and very affordable.

OP
OP

Lpugmire

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
When I said my build is versatile, I mean I actually use this rig for a multitude of things. She's no mall Jeep. Here's proof that she hauls...my first trip from Lowes. I didn't notice any drop at all from the weight.
IMG_7378.jpeg
IMG_7376.jpeg

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Here are a few of the other things I have put on my rig:

Rydonair Antenna 13" - Works well and it's not 4 feet tall like the stock one.

Xbeek Black Center Console Organizer - Love this thing! Adds another layer to my storage.

Arc Off Road Door hangers - I wanted to get the ones that the doors hung off of the hinges but after looking at the images closely they looked like they were spot welded and I didn't want to trust my doors to the strength of those welds.

Roll bar grab handles - These came in handy in Moab!

All of these items were on Amazon and very affordable.
Congrats on your Rubi. I have the Arc door hangers and they are great. I trust them much more than the door hinge ones. My personal preference.
Sponsored