Sponsored

Installed Magnaflow Crawler exhaust today....

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Very happy with the notes.

I've ridden bikes for years and a fan of pipes, but also know when I've installed something too loud. This is perfect.

Normal driving you can only hear it slightly from the cab but if you get on it, great sound. Makes me drive in manual on this auto and hold the gear a bit longer just for fun. Pop it into manual and let its shift on its own, really nice sound. Because the sound is not loud at idle, the auto start stop is not annoying, where it goes from silent to loud when it switches on. Very happy. I also wanted the same profile as stock and with the pipes dumping up and high level with the frame. Me personally, I did not want to see the tips from the back or the single exiting behind the rear driver wheel. Very happy....
Can you confirm this part number form Quadratec? Is this the one you installed?
Magnaflow 19486 Rock Crawler Cat-Back Exhaust System for 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
upload_2019-9-4_22-55-48.png

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I've been running the same kit for a week. Had some of the same initial impressions as others here. It's higher pitched than I hoped and I know it's damn near impossible to make a V6 sound like I was hoping it would. I'm a fan though, and I'm glad too because rather than struggle with that factory exhaust I cut it to pieces for ease of install. That thing showed no signs of budging in any direction when I was just trying to wiggle it out of there. Sawzall FTW.

I will say that the exhaust paired with a steep hill gets a little ugly, as the truck tries to decide which gear it wants and the RPMs are all over the place as it shifts. The fact that I'm running 37s with stock 4.10 hasn't been a problem ever but I notice the transmission confusion on hills more now that the exhaust is a little louder.
I’ve noticed the exact same thing on any kind of hill or incline before and after I installed the Magnaflow exhaust.
This is my first Jeep and I thought maybe that’s just how they are?

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
I’ve noticed the exact same thing on any kind of hill or incline before and after I installed the Magnaflow exhaust.
This is my first Jeep and I thought maybe that’s just how they are?
Especially if you run bigger tires it’s to be expected. It’s definitely not a result of the exhaust. It’s just more noticeable now since it’s louder. The 8 spd transmission is very efficient but that means a lot of shifting on hills so it can get the right RPMs to keep you moving.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you confirm this part number form Quadratec? Is this the one you installed?
Magnaflow 19486 Rock Crawler Cat-Back Exhaust System for 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
That’s the one. 4 Wheel Parts has them in stock if you have a store nearby. I did that and picked it up the next day rather than wait for shipping.

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s the one. 4 Wheel Parts has them in stock if you have a store nearby. I did that and picked it up the next day rather than wait for shipping.
Thank you.

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you guys noticed any increase in fuel mileage?
I haven't seen any improvement. There are so many variables that go into that kind of thing though and the weather is changing here which means the gas stations will start selling the winter fuel mix too. I'd be uncomfortable taking any potential increase in efficiency at face value. I'm digging the exhaust, but it was all about sound for me. I will say there is so much room for activities under that bed now though. Has me thinking about an auxiliary fuel tank since my range is shit with 37s.

Sponsored

DaytonOhioGladiator

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Anyone have a photo of the factory muffler? Not the rear resonator. Also, do you guys know the diameter of the factory exhaust pipe? Thinking of deleting the resonator and replacing the muffler with a flow-through Magnaflow.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Anyone have a photo of the factory muffler? Not the rear resonator. Also, do you guys know the diameter of the factory exhaust pipe? Thinking of deleting the resonator and replacing the muffler with a flow-through Magnaflow.
I’m not sure the angles are what you need but hope this helps.

BF4CD1B4-74F4-4DA1-8384-39B21D91C06F.jpeg

9034E7B2-DADC-4B3C-9054-8398F4B0CE75.jpeg

05100428-FEDC-43B3-82E3-5A9591E69271.jpeg

DaytonOhioGladiator

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Just installed my Magnaflow Rock crawler tonight! Can confirm, its very quiet compared to dozens of other catbacks I've tried. I am very pleased that I won't have to tip toe around the neighbors with its sound levels. Very happy with the sound, probably as happy as I could be with a V6.

The instructions said to lower the rear tire, which didn't make much sense. My sawz'all had a different idea, hacked the factory exhaust in two and avoided the headache. Getting the factory exhaust out in one piece without a hoist and my air tools (at work) would have been way too much work! I unbolted a couple hangers to also make life easier. Install was a snap, except that torquing the clamp bolts felt like I was going to snap the hardware, but it held and eventually clicked at 40 lb.ft. like the instructions say.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
I’ve found wheels also make a difference. I had it lifted and now run 38”s. With the bigger tires of course the engine works harder and I get a bit more sound at normal driving speed. But, I’ve found on the highway it’s a bit louder at 70-75. Long tips that can get old :). But like you said, it’s not too loud. I heard a louder exhaust from a local fabricator, however, I think I will stay with this. I’m leaning towards not wanting it any louder. Too bad they don’t give us the options of adjustable exhaust.
Sponsored