GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got this picture Monday but thought it was 2 Gobi JT's. This is gator vs. Gobi. Looks pretty close in my opinion.

Gator vs Gobi Jeep Gladiator.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist

MattP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Rubicon, 1985 CJ-7, 1949 Jeep Truck, 1948 CJ-2a
I got this picture Monday but thought it was 2 Gobi JT's. This is gator vs. Gobi. Looks pretty close in my opinion.

When they first announced the color I was hoping for something a little more green too, but I think I am going to really like it even thought it is closer to tan/brown. I had debated between Gobi and Gator and finally seeing a photo of them side by side I think I made the right choice.

I bet it will look more green in person and in different light.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
I was on the gator bandwagon when the color was shown on the build tool. Was less impressed when I saw the way out concept. And now definitely not impressed. That's a very dull color if I've ever seen one. Definitely 100% found the color I've wanted after almost a year of waiting and it definitely isn't gator. If it was a shade of green I'd jump all over it. Sadly it's more brown

mdrideout

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 CJ5 (want a Gladiator)
I bet under real sunlight there will be more color, and a bigger difference from Gobi. Gobi is pretty grey under sunlight - where it looks more tan in this photo. It also seems like one of those colors that is different under every light.

Remember "Dune" JKs? (~2013) - No one could tell if it was brown, yellow, tan, or anywhere in between. It was different in every light. Even minor adjustments to camera contrast, brightness, and saturation created very different colors.

Sponsored

Rebel JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon (Long arm crawler), 2015 JKUR Hardrock, 2020 Gladiator Launch Edition (Granite ordered)
I was on the gator bandwagon when the color was shown on the build tool. Was less impressed when I saw the way out concept. And now definitely not impressed. That's a very dull color if I've ever seen one. Definitely 100% found the color I've wanted after almost a year of waiting and it definitely isn't gator. If it was a shade of green I'd jump all over it. Sadly it's more brown
agree, was hoping it was close to tank green, but thats fugly

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Agreed it is more Khaki green than Green, but I wouldn't call it fugly. I think it's a pretty good color. Gobi for me makes sense it is sand dune-ish color more beige.... cuz I am assuming they came up with the name Gobi based on the desert.

I really love the Gator color the way it is - if you wanted a more military green or a British racing green you can add some accents later...

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Who

Who moved this post to a new thread?
Sorry if I should not have posted where I did.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Who

Who moved this post to a new thread?
Sorry if I should not have posted where I did.
The moderator did... It says it was edited by the moderator 34 mins ago.

BTW - where did you take this picture?

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
It doesn't get any more green in the sunlight. There's pictures of a Gator that's been delivered in the "Waiting for Gator" thread and the green actually washes out in the sun. As I stated in that thread, would have been nice if Jeep would have represented the actual color in the configurator. I would have gone a different route had they done so.

Sponsored

Rebel JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon (Long arm crawler), 2015 JKUR Hardrock, 2020 Gladiator Launch Edition (Granite ordered)
Agreed it is more Khaki green than Green, but I wouldn't call it fugly. I think it's a pretty good color. Gobi for me makes sense it is sand dune-ish color more beige.... cuz I am assuming they came up with the name Gobi based on the desert.

I really love the Gator color the way it is - if you wanted a more military green or a British racing green you can add some accents later...
yea, fugly might be strong, some military style rims and bumpers, a few Willys decals and alls good... its a Jeep so it really cant be fugly...lol

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The moderator did... It says it was edited by the moderator 34 mins ago.

BTW - where did you take this picture?
Can't say how I received the picture but it's from the assembly plant.

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
Gator is suppose to be one of the darkest colors next to the black and the silver, If that is in fact the Gator color iTS hard to believe the lighting had that much of a change in the color, Gator is a dark green and wont look any where near the Gobi color when away from the industrial lighting it that is in fact a Gator and a Gobi side by side and not 2 Gobi's side by side

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 6.00.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 6.05.03 PM.png