Sponsored

Spotted: GATOR vs GOBI Gladiator!

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I don't know. I wanted a green close to Tank, this looks like pea soup. I think il look into firecracker red which was my second choice.
It's very much baby poop green. I like baby poop green, but there's no denying it's green baby poopiness.

I was hoping for something a touch more OD, but I also couldn't wait this long and have my Black one all fixed up.

Eager to see them with color matching, Rubicons, lifted, etc.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I saw the shaded pics after I saw this thread. The pics of the truck in the shade look great:

27B88D6C-31E0-4B63-833C-AF7E4FF31904.jpeg
Just make sure you always drive it in the shade or dark and you will have your gator green :LOL:

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
So we've got like 15 shades of grey and 12 shades of khaki...

Still waiting for hella yella

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator

Sponsored

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900
That color is straight up the color of mud . Alligators do like to roll around in the mud and cover themselves with it . Instead of calling this Gator Green.. should be called Dirty Gator .

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
img_0306-jpg.jpg

mwprkpd2LNBoM&&pov=position1&width=1944&height=1052&bkgrnd=white&resp=jpg&cut=&top=T_U&door=D_On.jpg

Here's the one that was delivered in the sunlight vs the configurator. It will definitely not be coming as represented in the configurator.

The Hydro Blue ones are different, too...
comparison.jpeg

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
comparison.jpeg
That’s the JL ocean blue not hydro blue?? Hydro blue is lighter (close to the color of b5 blue on the chargers and challengers) two employees at local dealer drive hydro blue JK’s.

edit: okay, so I looked at the hydro blue thread. More pics there that show it looks dark at nite but really pops in the sun. JT Hydro blue is kinda between the B5 blue I mentioned and the Ocean blue on the JL’s.

Last edited:

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I order gator and am happy how it turned out. I do wish it was slightly greener, but as i love gobi i still think it looks great. Cross between olive drab and military coyote brown
by configurator illustration, I thought they were going to be closer to the JK tank color with them calling it gator green. If they called it “coyote”, it would probably make more sense. Gobi being sand color and “Coyote” being military coyote brown.

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
by configurator illustration, I thought they were going to be closer to the JK tank color with them calling it gator green. If they called it “coyote”, it would probably make more sense. Gobi being sand color and “Coyote” being military coyote brown.
Coyote would be an interesting name considering Navajo beliefs surrounding the critter (from Wikipedia):

Coyote (Navajo: mąʼii) is an irresponsible and trouble-making character and he is one of the most important and revered characters in Navajo mythology. Even though Tó Neinilii is the Navajo god of rain, Coyote also has powers over rain. Coyote's ceremonial name is Áłtsé hashké which means "first scolder".

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Coyote would be an interesting name considering Navajo beliefs surrounding the critter (from Wikipedia):

Coyote (Navajo: mąʼii) is an irresponsible and trouble-making character and he is one of the most important and revered characters in Navajo mythology. Even though Tó Neinilii is the Navajo god of rain, Coyote also has powers over rain. Coyote's ceremonial name is Áłtsé hashké which means "first scolder".
given that..... I need a “Coyote” color gladiator. I’ve been called irresponsible and a trouble maker many a times. It be nice to have a truck that matches me!! :giggle:

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
comparison.jpeg
They are, but the real color is at least a nice deep blue.
The configurator made it look like Ram "Tree Green", rather than kaka green. We knew from the Way Out concept that the came with the "least green" green. Doesn't make sense to me. If I want a green truck, I want truck, not one of debatable earth tone.

AngelArmorNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tundra Crewmax, Indian Springfield Dark Horse
I was actually planning on Gobi until I saw the Wayout concept vehicle. Very happy that it came out more brown than green. A little bit darker might have been nice but I am very glad I didn't stay with the washed out kids sand box Gobi color. Now build my JT already! :P