Spotted: GATOR vs GOBI Gladiator!

ucijeepguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, LJ,
REALLY disappointed in the actual color of gator green. I was hoping darker green like the configuration online, was OK with the wayout concept, but i feel this doesn't even look like the wayout either. Now either going to get gobi or dark grey, I guess.
Sponsored

Gator

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2008 Jeep Wrangler 2dr , 1974 VW Thing, 1994 Harley cow bike w sidecar
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am back an forth on this new Gator Green, I see a lot of cheerleaders for this color, but I think they have talked themselves into it, but its not what the Jeep build site shows in color. Looks like Gobi, I am disappointed an feel misled by jeep. The only way this represents the Gator color is flip it over and that's the belly color. Does Jeep even know what a gator looks like?

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Well, I'm glad so many of you like the gator. I think the gobi is okay too. I just need something brighter like my orange. Its so easy to spot in crowded parking lots. you all won't have this with gator. think on that.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I am really torn on this color. I do like it, but really was hoping for more green in here. I feel like Sting Grey is actually more green than this color actually is.

On the positive side of things I think nobody will ever notice when I go months without washing this car. lol

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
<— Hits ‘LIKE’ Multiple times :clap:
Was seriously one of my main factors in choosing green. I have an olive drab green sienna and other than the windows the thing never looks dirty, and when it somehow does it actually looks better.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
The Hydro Blue ones are different, too...
comparison.jpeg
Few thoughts:

The cynical side of me says I should have ordered Gator so I could get some class action money for modifications.
As extreme as that sounds, and goes against my nature of believing everything is overly litigious in our society, another part of me just wants to see FCA get dinged, just a bit, for this one...

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Me and my Punk'n JTR don't have a dog in this fight. I happen to like both Gator and Gobi, although I agree that it's weird Jeep offered them both in the same year.

Now, to be fair to Jeep, they never called it Gator Green. Just Gator. People seem to have read "Green" into the name based on expectations, but AFAIK Jeep never promised green. As for it not looking like the website, well, that happens all the time. If anyone has a right to be mad, it's people who ordered Black Forest Green back in the day. The paint chip in the paper brochure looked a LOT different than the actual color, which is basically black except in direct sunlight.

To anyone with a Gator on order, I hope you like it in person. I think it's a really interesting color that will look terrific on a built, accessorized rig. Give it some time.

Choj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon
I'm actually liking that Gator color. It kind of looks like a darker Gobi, which is what I was wanting it to be. It's definitely not the green people were wanting, but I may have just changed my mind to getting a Gator Gladiator when I get one. Hopefully they come out with a deep green Gladiator in the future.

Sponsored

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Now, to be fair to Jeep, they never called it Gator Green. Just Gator. People seem to have read "Green" into the name based on expectations, but AFAIK Jeep never promised green.
No, the configurator on jeep.com shows a green when you select Gator as a color choice. No one assumed it, Jeep showed it then announced it was a completely different color than the one the configurator shows to this day.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
No, the configurator on jeep.com shows a green when you select Gator as a color choice. No one assumed it, Jeep showed it then announced it was a completely different color than the one the configurator shows to this day.
Where does it say "green"?

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I'm a little shocked by the negative response. As soon as I saw the Wayout concept and had it confirmed that it was indeed "Gator," that is the color I expected. The configurator can't be trusted.

Have a look...

Gator_Gladiator.jpg

Looks identical to me. I'm very happy with it! Can't wait to get mine!