Sponsored

Spotted: GATOR vs GOBI Gladiator!

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
When you click on gator, the truck turns green. If it turned purple then people would be reasonable to expect purple. It wasn't an assumption of green, it was a picture of it and still is.
Dude, as pointed out above, Gator looks exactly like it does in the brochure and on the Wayout concept. Sorry you trusted the configurator.

Untitled.jpg

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I think I remember a You Tube video were they were talking to oeple from Jeep and they mentioned that it was specficaly made to not be green.

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I think I remember a You Tube video were they were talking to oeple from Jeep and they mentioned that it was specficaly made to not be green.
You're likely referring to this video:

That is Mark Allen, Head of Design at Jeep. He addresses the color at 1:46. Now he does say "Gator Green."
But then he follows that up by saying "It's the least green that we could get it."

The color in that video is what I was expecting to get. And based on the photo shared in this thread, it looks like that's exactly what we got.

Borg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
All I know is mine is on a train somewhere in route and it will be coyote colored during the day and Gator colored at night, which is fine with me, as long as I'm driving it --lol

The wait and anticipation is killing me

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
You're likely referring to this video:

That is Mark Allen, Head of Design at Jeep. He addresses the color at 1:46. Now he does say "Gator Green."
But then he follows that up by saying "It's the least green that we could get it."

The color in that video is what I was expecting to get. And based on the photo shared in this thread, it looks like that's exactly what we got.

That's the one, thank you.

Sponsored

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
I'm a little shocked by the negative response. As soon as I saw the Wayout concept and had it confirmed that it was indeed "Gator," that is the color I expected. The configurator can't be trusted.

Have a look...

Gator_Gladiator.jpg

Looks identical to me. I'm very happy with it! Can't wait to get mine!
I don't have a dog in the fight but I'm glad I didn't wait for Gator. Now had it been more like the wheels on that WAYOUT concept, WINNER!!! Just enough green to know it's not brown.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
most Gators are not green

alligator-head.jpg
A local car repair place paints vehicle in-house and has done some 'custom' or special order jobs.

I'm thinking about having them take my Gator Gladiator and paint over the factory paint using sparingly placed black and O.D. green camo-patterns on the body, fenders, and hood - I'm getting the matching body-color options on the fender and hood anyway, so all the shop would have to add is the patterning strips and ovals, and then the paint.

The look would say Old School hard-core Mil, but still be practical when hanging out in the boonies on fishing or hunting trips.

Wadda y'all think? Yeah, nay, or blahhh-eck!
Sponsored