Sponsored

Spotted: GATOR vs GOBI Gladiator!

BOONEDOG

First Name
Boone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Gator, Max Tow Package, Uconnect 3 with 5" screen, Alpine Premium Audio, Hothead Liners, Freedom 3 Piece Roof, Cargo Group Package with Trail Rail
Occupation
Retired
Definitely makes you wonder how many deposits are gonna be rescinded or deliveries refused because of the huge color variance.... might just be some kind of nationwide, dealer-driven fire sale on Gators come Spring, 2020.
Yeah, now having second thoughts on the Sport S I ordered on 09/27 now that the color was misrepresented, really was hoping for that darker green. We shall see when it hits the dealer!
Sponsored

BOONEDOG

First Name
Boone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Gator, Max Tow Package, Uconnect 3 with 5" screen, Alpine Premium Audio, Hothead Liners, Freedom 3 Piece Roof, Cargo Group Package with Trail Rail
Occupation
Retired
Yeah I think that has been mentioned a few time here before that the configurator is not the gator green color.
Reminds me of the opening to National Lampoons Vacation where they switched colors on him on the wagon.
th?id=OIP.7_I3eaT1fg4zk3o7cV6fJQHaFK&w=257&h=175&c=7&o=5&dpr=2.5&pid=1.jpg

BOONEDOG

First Name
Boone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
A local car repair place paints vehicle in-house and has done some 'custom' or special order jobs.

I'm thinking about having them take my Gator Gladiator and paint over the factory paint using sparingly placed black and O.D. green camo-patterns on the body, fenders, and hood - I'm getting the matching body-color options on the fender and hood anyway, so all the shop would have to add is the patterning strips and ovals, and then the paint.

The look would say Old School hard-core Mil, but still be practical when hanging out in the boonies on fishing or hunting trips.

Wadda y'all think? Yeah, nay, or blahhh-eck!
Sounds cool! Would love to see a pic when done.

BOONEDOG

First Name
Boone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Reminds me of the opening to National Lampoons Vacation where they switched colors on him on the wagon.
th?id=OIP.7_I3eaT1fg4zk3o7cV6fJQHaFK&w=257&h=175&c=7&o=5&dpr=2.5&pid=1.jpg
"You think you hate it now, wait 'till ya drive it!"

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Forget it, man. He's rolling on this whole "Jeep lied" thing.
As a middle aged guy with two kids, that teaches at business school, and runs a company let me say this:
Unmet expectations are the true root of all evil.
All you need to do in this world is set reasonable expectations and meet them. No more, no less.

Now that millennials are coming up to rule things, this is more important than ever. People bash them but they are the first generation to call BS on unmet expectations every single time.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Hey thanks @MrJeep ..... you and the missus talked me off the ledge and kept me from jumping to the StingGrey.

i need to wait for tomorrow....and sobriety.
You, sir, are welcome. I look forward to tomorrow and my un-sobriety. Perhaps someday we can share some un-sobriety off the tailgate of your Gator!

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
A local car repair place paints vehicle in-house and has done some 'custom' or special order jobs.

I'm thinking about having them take my Gator Gladiator and paint over the factory paint using sparingly placed black and O.D. green camo-patterns on the body, fenders, and hood - I'm getting the matching body-color options on the fender and hood anyway, so all the shop would have to add is the patterning strips and ovals, and then the paint.

The look would say Old School hard-core Mil, but still be practical when hanging out in the boonies on fishing or hunting trips.

Wadda y'all think? Yeah, nay, or blahhh-eck!
Or a wrap of what you want

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
[QUOTE="darksidedesign, post: 366991, member. As soon as I saw the Wayout concept and had it confirmed that it was indeed "Gator," that is the color I expected. The configurator can't be trusted.

Have a look...

Gator_Gladiator.jpg

Looks identical to me. I'm very happy with it! Can't wait to get mine![/QUOTE]
I want to see a Gator with a Gobi hard top more than ever!

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Honestly, when I look at the pictures of the Gator that was posted, the side in the shade looks like the Jeep site.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, when I look at the pictures of the Gator that was posted, the side in the shade looks like the Jeep site.
yeah look at my avatar. I looks green there. Honestly I live in the PNW so it is not always sunny here so I think I'm going to be quite happy with the color. I freaked out yesterday when pictures in the bright sunlight were posted as it almost looked like Gobi but now I've settled down a bit lol.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
yeah look at my avatar. I looks green there. Honestly I live in the PNW so it is not always sunny here so I think I'm going to be quite happy with the color. I freaked out yesterday when pictures in the bright sunlight were posted as it almost looked like Gobi but now I've settled down a bit lol.
Just watching the Way out videos this color is going to be like Sting-gray in that lighting and the surroundings are going to really affect the actual look of the color

88mmm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland, 911 TT
If you all wanted a peek at Gator you should've checked out the rear seat latches on every other gladiator. It seams we all get a little Gator in our trucks.

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I think we all perceive things differently. This color looks good to some, and not so good to others. We won't always agree. But I think we can agree on one thing, Gator will be a color that you won't see on anything else, except other Gator Gladiators. We who have one, will stand out, good or bad. I'm looking forward to getting mine and think I will be very pleased with it.
Sponsored