Sponsored

Installed Magnaflow Crawler exhaust today....

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I’ve found wheels also make a difference. I had it lifted and now run 38”s. With the bigger tires of course the engine works harder and I get a bit more sound at normal driving speed. But, I’ve found on the highway it’s a bit louder at 70-75. Long tips that can get old :). But like you said, it’s not too loud. I heard a louder exhaust from a local fabricator, however, I think I will stay with this. I’m leaning towards not wanting it any louder. Too bad they don’t give us the options of adjustable exhaust.
Adjustable would be kind of cool, but for $406 USD delivered from a Black Friday sale? I'm incredibly pleased!

Plus the weight savings are considerable. Will help to offset my beefy rockhard rails
Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Plus the weight savings are considerable. Will help to offset my beefy rockhard rails
I was just wondering about the weight difference...has anyone weighed the two systems?

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I was just wondering about the weight difference...has anyone weighed the two systems?
Not sure if this helps but i just had the two middle mufflers cut out and pipes welded in place. The two mufflers combined on scale are 25 lbs, subtract a few lbs for the tubing that went back in it's place.

I left the last muffler installed to knock the edge off it, truck looks stock, but sounds more like a tame gtr. I'd say a little louder than the vids in this thread but not much.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
Not sure if this helps but i just had the two middle mufflers cut out and pipes welded in place. The two mufflers combined on scale are 25 lbs, subtract a few lbs for the tubing that went back in it's place.

I left the last muffler installed to knock the edge off it, truck looks stock, but sounds more like a tame gtr. I'd say a little louder than the vids in this thread but not much.
So while i enjoy this around town, first highway trip had annoying drone 2000-2500 rpm, keep outside of that and was tolerable. Ordered the magnaflow street side exit today. If i wanted to keep playing with it i would leave that first resonator in to see if that's how they deal with drone from factory? I would recommend not doing what i did lol, luckly it's not too expensive a lesson to learn. By what i'm reading here i'll be happy with the magnaflow. And note: i run hardtop without any of the soft panels under it, a soft top may not be quite the tin can for sound? Maybe those panels would eat some of it too?

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
So while i enjoy this around town, first highway trip had annoying drone 2000-2500 rpm, keep outside of that and was tolerable. Ordered the magnaflow street side exit today. If i wanted to keep playing with it i would leave that first resonator in to see if that's how they deal with drone from factory? I would recommend not doing what i did lol, luckly it's not too expensive a lesson to learn. By what i'm reading here i'll be happy with the magnaflow. And note: i run hardtop without any of the soft panels under it, a soft top may not be quite the tin can for sound? Maybe those panels would eat some of it too?
I am still incredibly happy with my magnaflow rock crawler exhaust. Perfect volume, no drone on the highway, pairs super nicely with the manual transmission. I also run the hard top without any padding. I cant imagine that the pads would block an audible difference of decibels, but lots of people claim that they do.

My favorite part is, it actually feels like the Jeep has just a touch more power down low. I find myself having to downshift less when going up hills, it seems to pull just that little bit harder. I know it could be all in my head, but still, best $406 I've ever spent! Also, now when I have the music up, I can still hear the engine just a little.

My Fiance has heard it too, and it does not bother her, which is awesome. She says it sounds like a Jeep now (she used to have a TJ). She hates my E39 M5 Corsa exhaust (its LOUD), so getting her approval was important to me. Especially because we have soooo many trips planned in this rig

Sponsored

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I did not weigh both, but it is a considerable difference going from 3 mufflers to 1! Probably half the weight.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I am still incredibly happy with my magnaflow rock crawler exhaust. Perfect volume, no drone on the highway, pairs super nicely with the manual transmission. I also run the hard top without any padding. I cant imagine that the pads would block an audible difference of decibels, but lots of people claim that they do.

My favorite part is, it actually feels like the Jeep has just a touch more power down low. I find myself having to downshift less when going up hills, it seems to pull just that little bit harder. I know it could be all in my head, but still, best $406 I've ever spent! Also, now when I have the music up, I can still hear the engine just a little.

My Fiance has heard it too, and it does not bother her, which is awesome. She says it sounds like a Jeep now (she used to have a TJ). She hates my E39 M5 Corsa exhaust (its LOUD), so getting her approval was important to me. Especially because we have soooo many trips planned in this rig
Thanks so much for this info! I will update this with my findings of the street series side exit, by all accounts a bit quieter than what you got...which sounds like perfect for me also btw. I like the volume but the drone is a quick teacher on the highway so a quick change was required. I didn’t want to risk a second adaptation so went street, might have gone crawler had I listened a little closer to you ;) . I’m not building a rock hound anyway, just a sporty truck that can get me to and from the fertile hunting grounds with some vigor. The side exit looks sharp so that’s the trade off I guess.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon AKA 'Sky Walker'
Not sure if the panels make a difference for sound from the exhaust. The sound is more from the rear and out the back vs up top and in front. Maybe they help with wind noise a little bit I do t think they make a difference with the exhaust note. When I was running topless this summer honestly the wind noise was louder and I could hear the exhaust in the distance :). I have the stock roof inserts but I understand there are nice after market options.

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is also a new exhaust from Ace Engineering here in Romeo Michigan. The exhaust is really cool, much louder than my magna flow crawler exhaust and deeper notes.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I’ve had nearly a week on the street series side exit magnaflow and have to report I’m very happy. Would not want more or less. Thumbs up from me.

Sponsored

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I’ve had nearly a week on the street series side exit magnaflow and have to report I’m very happy. Would not want more or less. Thumbs up from me.
Any chance of shooting some video? Part #?

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
very little chance sorry, likely won't be uploading much here as i usually come here on computer but all the good stuff is on my phone, instagram maybe will do vids that can show off the exhaust at some point? IG handle is 2020_jt_yyc, Check it out there peeps, she's all lifted on some shiny 35's, black everything except polished wheels, needed to do something a little different:fist bump:

OP
OP
Flexin

Flexin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m thinking about changing over to the exhaust from ACE Engineering. I like the sound, performance gains they have achieved and most of all, dual street look that I can remove and have the crawler clearance. The ability to go back and forth is cool.

Never say you won’t change something on your Jeep right lol.

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I’m thinking about changing over to the exhaust from ACE Engineering. I like the sound, performance gains they have achieved and most of all, dual street look that I can remove and have the crawler clearance. The ability to go back and forth is cool.

Never say you won’t change something on your Jeep right lol.
Just watched a video on the Ace exhaust. That sounds great.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
do we have any performance gains from this setup? I saw @MotoBrad impressions - thanks. Any documentation? Looking for a bit more pep... Ace is on my list too.
Sponsored