Sponsored

JP's Super-Duper-Gladiator Build Thread

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ah! That sucks. Been following your build from the start so I feel like it hurts me more than it reasonably should

Hopefully you start documenting all those conversations. Maybe the owner will reimburse you rather than risk being sued once he sees what you've amassed. Good luck.
Sponsored

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Ouch!!! Hope you get it done right this time. I've had 3 re-gears done, all by the same reputable 4x4 shop (2 on the JK, one on the JT). That's one procedure where a knowledgeable mechanic is worth his weight in gold. Good luck!

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
So
I've had it back for 10 days.
I wanted to wait to update as this has been a nightmare and wanted to see what's the deal.

I can't get deep in the details right now as there's lawyers AND agency's involved.
ya, I know peeps AND have a temper.

I will say this,
GET A GUY THAT KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE DOING WHEN MESSING WITH THIS!

but for an update,
As I went to 39x13.5s, and the new guy had to rebuild from scratch, I said, well chit, let's do 5.13s.
so, he put 5.13 Yukon's in.

SUPER-DUPER ABSOLUTELY FUKIN LOVES the 5.13 on the 39s! Holds 8th on the interstate EXACTLY as it should.
Mileage so far looks like it's about 1.5-2 mph better than before, we'll see. I have about 350 miles on it.
I was down in the 12s, now looks to be in the 14s.

WHOOHOO!!!

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
So
I've had it back for 10 days.
I wanted to wait to update as this has been a nightmare and wanted to see what's the deal.

I can't get deep in the details right now as there's lawyers AND agency's involved.
ya, I know peeps AND have a temper.

I will say this,
GET A GUY THAT KNOWS WHAT THE HELL THEY'RE DOING WHEN MESSING WITH THIS!

but for an update,
As I went to 39x13.5s, and the new guy had to rebuild from scratch, I said, well chit, let's do 5.13s.
so, he put 5.13 Yukon's in.

SUPER-DUPER ABSOLUTELY FUKIN LOVES the 5.13 on the 39s! Holds 8th on the interstate EXACTLY as it should.
Mileage so far looks like it's about 1.5-2 mph better than before, we'll see. I have about 350 miles on it.
I was down in the 12s, now looks to be in the 14s.

WHOOHOO!!!
After reading your post about a month ago, I suspected that you were facing major aggravation and cost to get your problem remedied. I'm happy to see you are back and the mechanical issue is resolved! I followed your build from the start and it inspired (copied) many of the mods that I have done. I have the exact same truck that you have. In any event, welcome back. When the financial issues are settled I'd be interested to hear how it played out.
George , Bethlehem Pa.

Reactions: JP1

Sponsored

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I need to dedicate more of my time to keeping up with this thread. JP your life is way more entertaining than mine
As far as SUPER-DUPER is concerned, it's been A GREAT ride!!!
well, EXCEPT FOR 01/06-05/26, WHICH SUCKED EXOTIC ANIMAL WEINERS...

BrentThomas

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Rubicon, 19 Cherokee, 93 C3500 454, 04 Silverado RCSB
Great build, you might not be wheeling it, but it looks great! 39's look awesome

FB_IMG_1592791224942.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Do you mind measuring the length of the base of the roll bar? And do you think it's possible to installed narrowly? Is the top bar level to the hard top (or the basket is)? Just figuring out if this can bolt on to a diamondack cover. Thanks

Captbenjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Man it sucks they screwed up the Nitro gears. My shop wouldn't install Yukons this time and they've done 3 sets of Yukon in the past for me. Said they'd moved production to China and he was having multiple warranty issues and were difficult to setup.
Now like you, I trust this guy. As I said he's done multiple gears for me without issue. He ordered the 5.13 Nitro gears for me while I was offshore as that was his recommendation. Couple weeks pass before I can get back from work to have the work done and guess what? He installs 4.88s that they sent by accident. They were setup great and didn't make a sound but didn't perform that great in my opinion. So I got to at least test drive 4.88s while the 5.13s arrived. Installed the 5.13s and couldn't be happier. Thing is perfect now. My issue no way near as terrible as yours but still a pain in the ass, so I know you were livid!

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Do you mind measuring the length of the base of the roll bar? And do you think it's possible to installed narrowly? Is the top bar level to the hard top (or the basket is)? Just figuring out if this can bolt on to a diamondack cover. Thanks
Here you go:
Do you mind measuring the length of the base of the roll bar?
NYW-j_Mq2cHcrMU9Ctjhf319E=w1098-h824-no?authuser=0.jpg

looks like 34.5"

And do you think it's possible to installed narrowly?

um, not sure what you mean.

Is the top bar level to the hard top (or the basket is)?

OBY7lZxqb2Z5P8OZPo_wJY4qE=w1098-h824-no?authuser=0.jpg

Bar lines up great.

Just figuring out if this can bolt on to a diamondack cover.
1eOMno5fQKNUP2QebakbkFFho=w1098-h824-no?authuser=0.jpg

I'm not sure how the Diamondback sits. IF it goes full-width, you could bolt the bar directly on the cover. If the Diamondback is narrower than the bed rails, use the mounts like I did.

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Here you go:
Do you mind measuring the length of the base of the roll bar?
Jeep Gladiator JP's Super-Duper-Gladiator Build Thread 1eOMno5fQKNUP2QebakbkFFho=w1098-h824-no?authuser=0

looks like 34.5"

And do you think it's possible to installed narrowly?
um, not sure what you mean.

Is the top bar level to the hard top (or the basket is)?
Jeep Gladiator JP's Super-Duper-Gladiator Build Thread 1eOMno5fQKNUP2QebakbkFFho=w1098-h824-no?authuser=0

Bar lines up great.

Just figuring out if this can bolt on to a diamondack cover.

I'm not sure how the Diamondback sits. IF it goes full-width, you could bolt the bar directly on the cover. If the Diamondback is narrower than the bed rails, use the mounts like I did.
wow...you answered all my questions...thanks a lot...;)
Sponsored