Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
My tailgate brake light is out. Does anyone know what size bulb it uses. See picture for reference. Thanks for any help.

PXL_20210113_233715007.jpg
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My tailgate brake light is out. Does anyone know what size bulb it uses. See picture for reference. Thanks for any help.

Jeep Gladiator Tailgate light bulb size or does it use a bulb PXL_20210113_233715007
Isn't that a LED assembly? Have you asked the dealer about a warranty replacement?

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't that a LED assembly? Have you asked the dealer about a warranty replacement?
Not sure, I just noticed it tonight or a buddy of mine noticed it who was following me. Haven't really looked at it yet. I'll definitely give the dealership a call in the AM

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone got any idea why it would already be out. I would think it being led would make it last significantly longer. Just don't want to fly blind about the situation at the dealership. I'll be setting up a appointment today. I'm not real concerned with it being out other than my OCD it kickin' pretty good about it

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone got any idea why it would already be out. I would think it being led would make it last significantly longer. Just don't want to fly blind about the situation at the dealership. I'll be setting up a appointment today. I'm not real concerned with it being out other than my OCD it kickin' pretty good about it
Do you have a Tazer installed? Could be any number of things. Defective assembly, wiring problem inside the tailgate, damaged wiring underneath the bed, computer issue, rodent damage...

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a Tazer installed? Could be any number of things. Defective assembly, wiring problem inside the tailgate, damaged wiring underneath the bed, computer issue, rodent damage...
I got JScan but it hasn't done anything to it yet. They did flash it for Leds two weeks ago at the dealership for free to turn the turn signal out warning message off, they also did a powertrain PCM update on the computer. I looked this morning and now one side of the light is worki g and the other isn't. I didn't know it could go out like that. Seems like it could just be a bad unit.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on that, I would guess defective assembly. Take a picture to show the dealer. Might save some time if it completely goes out before you get it in to be looked at.

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Got a appointment for Monday morning. Here's a video showing what it's doing.

Sponsored