Mud guards for Rubicon??

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5; 2021 Sarge Green JT Rubicon Diesel
I just experienced what y'all are describing the first time I took my JTR down a muddly logging road - muddy handles, sills, etc., and I am strongly leaning towards getting mudflaps. Are the Weathertechs wide enough to cover 12.5" tires? Also, since the main problem I'm trying to solve is caused by the front tires, what do people thing about getting front only vs front AND back. Thanks for all the insight! This string is very helpful.
Sponsored

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
I think I like the looks of the weathertech's. Anyone using these on a Rubicon.
The Mopar ones aren't bad but not for a Rubi.
I put the Weather Tech ones on just the front, fit perfect and can be easily removed . They blend in real well.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the Weather Tech ones on just the front, fit perfect and can be easily removed . They blend in real well.
What size tires do you have?

OP
OP
Scratch

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I bought only the fronts. I'll let you know.
I'm also curious about the 12.50 tires. I'm running the OEM wheels but will soon be getting the Mopar wheels.

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
Same thing just bought the fronts for 35x12.50. I'm thinking something has got to be better than nothing. Hopefully.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I put the WeatherTech ones on my truck front and rear. The look good and work well. I have a stock tire/suspension Rubicon.

eyekode

First Name
Salem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, WRX, Miata, Sienna
Occupation
Software dev
I liked how the Rokblokz have a cut out for Rubicon rails:
I installed the Rokblokz approximately three weeks ago now. Have been meaning to leave a review. On a gladiator rubicon btw. They are expensive. However the quality is top notch. They are solid and sturdy but also have good flex when under pressure (can bend back to the rock rails with no sign of weakness or compromise). I would buy them again.

HOWEVER, they are not “easy” to install. If you get the rears putting them together for the install is a huge pain in the buttocks. For the price you pay they should come pre assembled. I would give them a 5/5 stars if they were pre assembled. But due to the ridiculous hassle of having to put them together at this price point I’d say 4/5 stars.

Also the instructions they give you are hard to read and the pictures are not good quality. Watch the install video on YouTube, throw the written instructions in trash. The install video on YouTube is the way to go.

Despite this due to the absolutely great quality I would buy again.
I struggled with the install because the printed instructions were poor. I wish I had looked for the youtube video... Otherwise I like them! And I love the perfect cut out for the rubicon rail.

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Yes, the cutout is very nice. Great quality stuff. Just a pain to assemble.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same thing just bought the fronts for 35x12.50. I'm thinking something has got to be better than nothing. Hopefully.
Got my 315/70s installed yesterday and then went ahead and pulled the trigger on a pair of XL Rokblokz for the front only. I figured I'd see how they do and then decide whether I need them for the back. From the reviews, it sounds like the back ones are more of a pain to install...

Sponsored

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I installed weathertech on my Rubicon with 315/70s. Front only, for now. Coverage is good. Honestly, they kind of disappear. I thought the asymmetry of having them on the front only would drive me crazy but I don't even notice them.

msrebel

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed weathertech on my Rubicon with 315/70s. Front only, for now. Coverage is good. Honestly, they kind of disappear. I thought the asymmetry of having them on the front only would drive me crazy but I don't even notice them.
Nice. Have they pretty much stopped the nasty handles and muddy door sills?

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
@msrebel, Yeah. I haven't gotten them into any serious mud yet. But any puddle I went through used to coat the side of the vehicle- and that has been alleviated. I sat on them for a week or 2 before I installed them because one review I read said they thought they'd get destroyed off road. After installation I think they are plenty flexible for normal wheeling. And honestly they only sit an inch or 2 below the frame so if you're damaging them you're probably about to have some other issues...

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
They just got delivered. They even included some candy. hahaha
Thanks RokBlokz! Does that mean I need the sugar for a hard install job? lol

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Install was nice and easy. 35s on stock wheels. Looks like it'll do a lot towards keeping mud and crap off of my door and handles. Hopefully it'll stop the rock chips on my rear door hinges too.

Jeep Gladiator Mud guards for Rubicon?? 20210225_120123
Jeep Gladiator Mud guards for Rubicon?? 20210225_120159
Sponsored