Mud Flaps for Rubicon with Mopar steps?

keorr1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Quick Question: I have a Rubicon that the rock rails where replaced with Mopar Side Steps (Overland). Any idea which front molded mud flaps will fit with the steps and Rubicon fenders? I have been told the Rubicon mud flaps do not work as they are molded for rock rails only.

Has anyone else found a solution?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Weather Tech front mud flaps might be the one, they have a set that fits with Max-Tow for front but not rear. They fit OEM Rock rails or side steps. You might give them a phone call don't hurt to ask.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I have a Rubicon with Rock Hard sliders with angled down bars.

I also have the Weather Tech mud flaps and the molded in area for rocker protection clears my sliders with room to spare.

You have to order the set specific for the Rubicon, they have already accounted for the higher fender flares.

Side note, they are kind of a PITA to install, you have several layers you have to get fastener through and lined up. Take your time and don't try to rush it.

OP
OP
keorr1

keorr1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weather Tech front mud flaps might be the one, they have a set that fits with Max-Tow for front but not rear. They fit OEM Rock rails or side steps. You might give them a phone call don't hurt to ask.
Thanks for the note, I did see that the max tow set has the molded indentations for both steps and rock rails. The Rubicon version does not. I sent Weather Tech a note and got a reply that they did not have a version that works for the Rubicon with Steps - not sure how knowledgeable this guy was as he asked a few questions twice. Do you know if the Rubicon and Max tow fenders are the same on the bottom? I know the Rubicons are mounted higher.

Last edited:
OP
OP
keorr1

keorr1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Rubicon with Rock Hard sliders with angled down bars.

I also have the Weather Tech mud flaps and the molded in area for rocker protection clears my sliders with room to spare.

You have to order the set specific for the Rubicon, they have already accounted for the higher fender flares.

Side note, they are kind of a PITA to install, you have several layers you have to get fastener through and lined up. Take your time and don't try to rush it.
Thanks for the note and install advice. Weather Tech tells me that the Rubicon fender version will not work with the Mopar steps. Has anyone else tried this combination? I really don't want to buy them and ship them back if they don't work.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Slider is just past the rocker end where the wheel well meets.
You can see the molded area.

Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps for Rubicon with Mopar steps? Jeep Mud Flaps

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
The Rokblokz ones for the rubicon will work. Just don’t punch out the piece of plastic for the rubicon Rocksliders.

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
The Rokblokz ones for the rubicon will work. Just don’t punch out the piece of plastic for the rubicon Rocksliders.
I replaced my Rubicon Rocksliders with the overland steps too.

double J

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps for Rubicon with Mopar steps? 23CBA2C5-D985-4E13-B630-33A6E8D216FB
I punched out the plastic piece when I had the rubicon Rocksliders

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Oh, and they kept everything off the side, until I put 35's on. :CWL:

OP
OP
keorr1

keorr1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mud Flaps for Rubicon with Mopar steps? 23CBA2C5-D985-4E13-B630-33A6E8D216FB
I punched out the plastic piece when I had the rubicon Rocksliders
Thanks, they look good, I prefer the molded type for appearance. I don't plan to rock crawling so removal is not an issue. The tires are picking up and throwing a lot of rocks so I need to get something pretty quick.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the note, I did see that the max tow set has the molded indentations for both steps and rock rails. The Rubicon version does not. I sent Weather Tech a note and got a reply that they did not have a version that works for the Rubicon with Steps - not sure how knowledgeable this guy was as he asked a few questions twice. Do you know if the Rubicon and Max tow fenders are the same on the bottom? I know the Rubicons are mounted higher.
I'm not sure, I might be able to look at a set of Rubicon fenders in morning and compare to mine (Max-Tow) Weather Tech said they don't have rear one's for Max-Tow. If nothing else I can snap a photos of mine for you to compare with.

Vitoangelo

First Name
Vitoangelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Heavy Highway Construction
Quick Question: I have a Rubicon that the rock rails where replaced with Mopar Side Steps (Overland). Any idea which front molded mud flaps will fit with the steps and Rubicon fenders? I have been told the Rubicon mud flaps do not work as they are molded for rock rails only.

Has anyone else found a solution?
Check out RokBlokz.com they have mud flaps that have a hole for rock rails but you don’t have to punch them out if Rick rails are not on the Jeep very easy to install and can be removed with 3 Thumb screws for off road
Sponsored