Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Howdy Fellow Jeepers,

New here, and my first post. I have been shopping for a gladiator for a year now. With most of the dealers around me they want sticker with all the add ons. I had a dealership (Finnegan in Rosenberg) reach out to me with an offer of 1K over dealer invoice along with the 1% Tread Lightly discount (I learned from this forum, thank you). My build is as follows: Granite Paint; 8-spd auto tranny; Selec-Trac; Black Hard Top; Cloth Seats (may still order factory leather); Gorilla Glass; Off Road Camera (it seems it si a stand alone option in 2022); 8.4 inch Prem Audio & Keyless Entry are also standard for 2022 Mojave; Safety Group; Adv. Safety Group; Aux Switch; Cold Weather Group; Trailer Tow: Total MSRP: 57,905 with 1% discount: 54,281.70 + 1,000.00. I am finally pulling the trigger this week (after going back & forth with options list). Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am still undecided on factory or Katskin Leather (I got quoted 1700 for single color & contrast stitch) & Dual-Top Group.
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
What is your exact question? Lol.

Youā€™re doing all that but not the LEDā€™s? I love the LEDs! They look nicer front and back and theyā€™re bright as hell. Some complain about them being an issue in the show since they canā€™t burn snow off the lights. I have the cloth in my Mojave, same as you, I considered Katzkin instead. Think Iā€™m sticking with the cloth, itā€™s really not that bad and I donā€™t have to worry about it getting hot in the summer.

I canā€™t speak to the dual top group. But I can say Iā€™m getting a suntop over the soft top. I donā€™t like how the factory soft top doesnā€™t fold all the way down.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
What is your exact question? Lol.

Youā€™re doing all that but not the LEDā€™s? I love the LEDs! They look nicer front and back and theyā€™re bright as hell. Some complain about them being an issue in the show since they canā€™t burn snow off the lights. I have the cloth in my Mojave, same as you, I considered Katzkin instead. Think Iā€™m sticking with the cloth, itā€™s really not that bad and I donā€™t have to worry about it getting hot in the summer.

I canā€™t speak to the dual top group. But I can say Iā€™m getting a suntop over the soft top. I donā€™t like how the factory soft top doesnā€™t fold all the way down.
Thanks Joseph, :please:appreciate you taking the time to comment. It is really easy to check the options list, not so much removing them. Yes it got pricy real quick! :crying:With such a large price tag, I guess I am just trying to get affirmation from a bunch of dudes & dudettes that have gone before me.

I would love LED's I am having trouble seeing at night so it is a must have for me, but I was thinking aftermarket like Oracle. Also I have AUX lighting planned. As far as leather, I have dogs. They are the WHITE short hair variety :(. I was even thinking about removing the carpet and just Line-X the interior, so I can just use a blower.

I thought I was getting a pretty good deal and I started noticing the x% below Invoice some MIDWEST Dealers were offering... Long story short, just getting the jitters before I take the jump.;)

Again, Thanks for the response. Appreciate ya:fist bump:

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Thanks Joseph, :please:appreciate you taking the time to comment. It is really easy to check the options list, not so much removing them. Yes it got pricy real quick! :crying:With such a large price tag, I guess I am just trying to get affirmation from a bunch of dudes & dudettes that have gone before me.

I would love LED's I am having trouble seeing at night so it is a must have for me, but I was thinking aftermarket like Oracle. Also I have AUX lighting planned. As far as leather, I have dogs. They are the WHITE short hair variety :(. I was even thinking about removing the carpet and just Line-X the interior, so I can just use a blower.

I thought I was getting a pretty good deal and I started noticing the x% below Invoice some MIDWEST Dealers were offering... Long story short, just getting the jitters before I take the jump.;)

Again, Thanks for the response. Appreciate ya:fist bump:
Honestly I would get the OEM LEDs unless you have looked at the Oracles and like them, I think they might claim theyā€™re brighter. There is flooring what you described, Iā€™m thinking of doing the same thing.

https://goarmorlite.com/products/front-rear-flooring

I understand the jitters! You canā€™t really go wrong, I love my Mojave. But yeah, I went through Gupton and saved 8% on mine and it was 8K off.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Well guess depends what you plan to do with the Truck if all that is necessary but if you can afford it then its great stuff to have. If the truck only has halogen lights I can tell you that you will likely be changing all of them. Either you will do it via the hacks you find on this site and buying LED Bulbs for Replacement or you will buy legit replacement headlights, fogs, etc. The DTR, Backup and Turns are simple to change using LED bulbs. You might need a Tazer or JScan or other to tell the truck you are using LED. I replaced my Headlights with the Oracles which have been great but I think if you went with Mopar on purchase those lights are very good as well. I had dual top and I sold my hard top cause well I live right up the road from you in Katy, TX. My top is off alot but I don't have image issues with the bun thing in the back like a lot of people do. As you know around here it could rain anytime so it takes 10 seconds to flip the top back down if rain storm comes. But if you plan to be offroading or putting something above the cab then you might want that hard top. If you have space to store them then its great to have both options. I will say I was about to order one from one of the dealerships in the Midwest or East Coast and just drive it back to get the discount as none of the dealers around here wanted to do anything when I Originally started to shop.

Sponsored

Cyphion

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Hey Alex,

Sent you a PM on dealers. Also, I would suggest factory LEDs as well, and switch to a driving fog if you need more distance or width. Just food for thought.
Best!
John

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Factory leather adds the rear arm rest and cup holders. Katzkin and Roadwire will recover the existing seats. You can order from Gupton in TN and save bundles.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Factory leather adds the rear arm rest and cup holders. Katzkin and Roadwire will recover the existing seats. You can order from Gupton in TN and save bundles.
Hi Larry!
Thanks for reaching out! On the Jeep Configurator, it seems it adds some more touches like more of the orange stitching on the dash & arm rests.... I am really really tempted to get the Cardinal Red Katskins (ever since I saw James Dean's Lil Bastard). Actually driving/flyin to TN did cross my mind. Did you order yours from Gupton? If so how was the experience?

Again, appreciate a fellow Texan reachin out.
Alex

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Hey Alex,

Sent you a PM on dealers. Also, I would suggest factory LEDs as well, and switch to a driving fog if you need more distance or width. Just food for thought.
Best!
John
Hey John,
Actually my eyesight is not so good at night these days. I was planning on going for Oracle. I figured I'd only get options that would be difficult/impossible to get later. My build got expensive reeeeel fast!

Thanks, Alex

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Well guess depends what you plan to do with the Truck if all that is necessary but if you can afford it then its great stuff to have. If the truck only has halogen lights I can tell you that you will likely be changing all of them. Either you will do it via the hacks you find on this site and buying LED Bulbs for Replacement or you will buy legit replacement headlights, fogs, etc. The DTR, Backup and Turns are simple to change using LED bulbs. You might need a Tazer or JScan or other to tell the truck you are using LED. I replaced my Headlights with the Oracles which have been great but I think if you went with Mopar on purchase those lights are very good as well. I had dual top and I sold my hard top cause well I live right up the road from you in Katy, TX. My top is off alot but I don't have image issues with the bun thing in the back like a lot of people do. As you know around here it could rain anytime so it takes 10 seconds to flip the top back down if rain storm comes. But if you plan to be offroading or putting something above the cab then you might want that hard top. If you have space to store them then its great to have both options. I will say I was about to order one from one of the dealerships in the Midwest or East Coast and just drive it back to get the discount as none of the dealers around here wanted to do anything when I Originally started to shop.
Hi Blaine,
Thanks for your comments. You make some good points. I calculated the cost of all the replacement lighting and the Jeep pricing is not too bad. Regarding the Soft Top, the more I hear people talk about them the more I'm inclined that it might be the better choice. I remember my 99 Miata, that things was louder with the top up! I heard the Gladiator is not too bad at highway speeds even with the Soft Top. Gupton is getting more attractive, I might actually give them a call.
Again, thanks! Hope to see you on the road,
Alex

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Hi Larry!
Thanks for reaching out! On the Jeep Configurator, it seems it adds some more touches like more of the orange stitching on the dash & arm rests.... I am really really tempted to get the Cardinal Red Katskins (ever since I saw James Dean's Lil Bastard). Actually driving/flyin to TN did cross my mind. Did you order yours from Gupton? If so how was the experience?

Again, appreciate a fellow Texan reachin out.
Alex
I plan to order from Gupton, waiting on a particular color to pop up. Lots of good reviews there.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Hi Blaine,
Thanks for your comments. You make some good points. I calculated the cost of all the replacement lighting and the Jeep pricing is not too bad. Regarding the Soft Top, the more I hear people talk about them the more I'm inclined that it might be the better choice. I remember my 99 Miata, that things was louder with the top up! I heard the Gladiator is not too bad at highway speeds even with the Soft Top. Gupton is getting more attractive, I might actually give them a call.
Again, thanks! Hope to see you on the road,
Alex
I, nor my family find the noise level in the truck to be bad with the soft top. It's little bit noisier than the hardtop but if you want to find out more on that there are numerous threads on here. If you want to go for a ride and see you are welcome to PM and we can set something up so you can see and hear.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Honestly I would get the OEM LEDs unless you have looked at the Oracles and like them, I think they might claim theyā€™re brighter. There is flooring what you described, Iā€™m thinking of doing the same thing.

https://goarmorlite.com/products/front-rear-flooring

I understand the jitters! You canā€™t really go wrong, I love my Mojave. But yeah, I went through Gupton and saved 8% on mine and it was 8K off.
Hey Joseph,

When I first saw the armorlite, I thought it was over priced. I got a quote from Line X in Houston for 1K if I took out the interior myself. The armorlite seems more affordable and maybe the better choice.

Let me know if you get em.

Cheers, Alex

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Hey Joseph,

When I first saw the armorlite, I thought it was over priced. I got a quote from Line X in Houston for 1K if I took out the interior myself. The armorlite seems more affordable and maybe the better choice.

Let me know if you get em.

Cheers, Alex
$1000 if you do all the work for them? šŸ˜‚ How would you drive it to them without a seat? Lol. Or just remove it in the parking lot? Ridiculous. Iā€™ll let you know.

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
Just joining this forum and fell on this page via a search for "soft top". I hope to order a Mojave within the next two month. I am still unsure about the roof selection.

I was planning to go to the dealership sometime and ask them to fold back the soft top to see what the back seat riders will be seeing. Is the roof / speaker bar block out most of the "up" view?
Sponsored