Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Accountant
Dear Forum,

I am in the market for a new JT. Just had a couple of quick questions to ask:

1. What do you guys do when you have to pick up people from the airport and have luggage?
Or when there is inclement weather and you have to transport luggage? I have never driven
a pickup before but love the looks of the Gladiator (it also helps that its one of my favorite movies).

2. Is the Gladiator a good daily driver? Namely the Mojave trim?

3. Is the Mojave good in snow?
Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
1. I have a soft trifold tonneau cover for the bed. Luggage fits in the bed under the cover beautifully.

2. The Mojave is a fantastic daily driver. I use mine for that very purpose. It is the smoothest from factory ride you’ll get in a Jeep. I do believe some have reported that their MPG numbers for the Mojave are slightly lower than other trim levels. That has not been my experience. My MPG has been consistent with other trims.

3. The Mojave has been amazing in the snow! I have the Falken MT tires and I have been incredibly impressed with how it handles the snow in both on and off-road situations.

Jeep Gladiator Questions regarding the Gladiator BB6945A7-9EE8-4001-9FD6-0C97BB436630

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
1. What do you guys do when you have to pick up people from the airport and have luggage?
Or when there is inclement weather and you have to transport luggage? I have never driven
a pickup before but love the looks of the Gladiator (it also helps that its one of my favorite movies).
In the bed under the waterproof tonneau cover. It rained all the way back from North Carolina for me yesterday everything stayed nice and dry

2. Is the Gladiator a good daily driver? Namely the Mojave trim? I have a Rubicon, and I find it to be as good of a daily driver as any other jeep. It gets me from here to there with no complaints. Jeeps with solid front axles do drive differently than normal cars/trucks. The Mojave will drive better on the road, due to the better shocks, though. But don't expect a car or crossover like ride, either way.

3. Is the Mojave good in snow?
Depends on your tires. In general, yes. Opt for ATs if snow is a concern, and keep in mind that unless you get the full time 4WD option, you'll have to shift on the fly when you encounter the white stuff . The MTs are good in snow for MTs, but the ATs are severe snow rated.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
As the guys have said, tonneau covers or caps solve the dry storage if that's a need.

All the rigs are good daily drivers.

As mentioned if snow is a real concern get the AWD, selec/Roc-trac upgrade. Not sure how much an issue that is in Vegas?

Sponsored

OP
OP

AJsJT702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Accountant
As the guys have said, tonneau covers or caps solve the dry storage if that's a need.

All the rigs are good daily drivers.

As mentioned if snow is a real concern get the AWD, selec/Roc-trac upgrade. Not sure how much an issue that is in Vegas?
We have local mountains here that I like to go skiing. Also skiing in CA, UT and AZ are all
very good options!!

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wouldn't put anyone over 5'8" back there, but my teens, GF, Auntie etc had no issues.
My 6’3” 17 year old fits back there just fine. Even with my seat all the way back.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I've sat in the back seat a few times. And I find it comfortable. I'm 5'11"
It's really an awesome truck, and you'll love it, as long as you realize that it's a jeep too. It's not going to drive the same as a regular truck or a car/crossover. That doesn't mean it's worse, but maybe not what you're used to. There will be wind noise (it's a convertible with removable doors and a fold down windshield). If you get Mud Terrain tires, you will hear them howl. You'll feel bumps in the road (though less so with the Mojave). You'll also be able to go anywhere in any weather, and look cool doing it. Plus the doors come off ;) .

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I've sat in the back seat a few times. And I find it comfortable I'm 5'11"
It's really an awesome truck, and you'll love it, as long as you realize that it's a jeep too. It's not going to drive the same as a regular truck or a car/crossover. That doesn't mean it's worse, but maybe not what you're used to. There will be wind noise (it's a convertible with removable doors and a fold down windshield). If you get Mud Terrain tires, you will hear them howl. You'll feel bumps in the road (though less so with the Mojave). You'll also be able to go anywhere in any weather, and look cool doing it. Plus the doors come off ;) .
Did he mention… the doors come off!?!

OP
OP

AJsJT702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Accountant
I am also thinking about going manual. Do you guys have manuals? How is it?

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am also thinking about going manual. Do you guys have manuals? How is it?
Automatic here. Towing numbers drop significantly going to a manual.
Sponsored