First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
4 vehicles - two gladiators, one 4 runner and a Tacoma headed west to find adventure on what seemed like the surface of mars (at least to or east coast eyes). It was amazing. Episode 1 was basically just to lay some ground work. My family really loved it out there, grumblings of selling all our stuff and moving have been heard. I felt like my kids will really remember the trip. I am still learning the ropes as far as what my audience will watch and still getting my legs on capturing the interesting parts. youll want to subscribe so you dont miss me sticking my hand in a cactus, which was super fun. Overall I feel like we barely scratched the surface in that area and you could spend months combing the trails there.
Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 333749-357f8eb0c5571c668198dc9c6302a1be
Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 333750-0f28793ebfdfbbb4a989a1ddc081e47a
Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 333751-c3bae29cd9fefe4092b37c1a0a2ecb46

Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 333752-81878fc55fbd2f2b2187b8ce192e757b
Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 333753-38b0dc7400450a8bcf8ab167da3dbbc6

episode 1.

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 20230812_092042

Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 20230811_202014

Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 20230812_112604

Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 20230813_091420

Jeep Gladiator Our Trip to Utah: Two Gladiators, One 4 runner and a Tacoma 20230811_055917
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I’m taking my boys from Indiana to Moab next fall, looking forward to watching your journey
The only complaints my girls had was the super long 15 hour drive we had both ways. (one 15 then a 12 the next day) if you can fun that up somehow there wont be much for them to complain about. Its amazing out there.

Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
Starlink Satellite trains are cool.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
The only complaints my girls had was the super long 15 hour drive we had both ways. (one 15 then a 12 the next day) if you can fun that up somehow there wont be much for them to complain about. Its amazing out there.
Careful or you are going to end up moving west. After three consecutive years of driving from MD to CO/UT/WY/MT/ND on epic road trips we said f*ck it and moved cross country to live within a stone's throw of a national forest and park. Best decision ever, seriously. Every weekend on a whim we can just throw some backpacks into the jeep and off into the NF to seek out some remote trails.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Starlink Satellite trains are cool.
I dont think that was starlink, everyone mentions it though.
The phone i used for that shot takes a series of images and overlaps them into one using software. That was a satellite id guess. We did see starlink one night and it was WAY too fast for me to get a pic of.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Careful or you are going to end up moving west. After three consecutive years of driving from MD to CO/UT/WY/MT/ND on epic road trips we said f*ck it and moved cross country to live within a stone's throw of a national forest and park. Best decision ever, seriously. Every weekend on a whim we can just throw some backpacks into the jeep and off into the NF to seek out some remote trails.
Tell me about Utah Winters. My wife HATES snow and I know they get a lot lol

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Utah is next door to me, I've never made it north of Parowan or East of there either, but I too am always in awe of the wonders found there. Thank you for sharing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Utah is next door to me, I've never made it north of Parowan or East of there either, but I too am always in awe of the wonders found there. Thank you for sharing.
Man I wish it were closer, I really loved it.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Tell me about Utah Winters. My wife HATES snow and I know they get a lot lol
I ended up further west on the Olympic peninsula of Washington where we get very little snow in town but can drive up the mountain in under an hour to an NPS ski resort that gets 20-30' of snow a year. It's like winter on demand with the side benefit of summers never getting over 85* and even then only 3-4 days a year.

But just being in the "West" proper means Utah is half the drive time from the east coast and instead of driving through endless farmland to get to the mountains we drive through them everywhere we go. I drove cross country 6 times last year and 10-1 I'll take driving the mountain west over driving East of the Mississippi.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I ended up further west on the Olympic peninsula of Washington where we get very little snow in town but can drive up the mountain in under an hour to an NPS ski resort that gets 20-30' of snow a year. It's like winter on demand with the side benefit of summers never getting over 85* and even then only 3-4 days a year.

But just being in the "West" proper means Utah is half the drive time from the east coast and instead of driving through endless farmland to get to the mountains we drive through them everywhere we go. I drove cross country 6 times last year and 10-1 I'll take driving the mountain west over driving East of the Mississippi.
Missouri was pretty awful we were glad to get through that state. We hit a ton of windmills and of course the wind was against us, I bet i got 8mpg for that. Once we got out there though it wasnt bad. :D

Mash5

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Diesel SportS Gladiator, VW eGolf, Mazda3