Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
Found this by accident by spotting pictures of your truck on another thread. So excited I did though because it gives me a perfect visual.

See, I ordered a Sport S in Hydro Blue with Max Tow over the weekend, with the hard top, tech package, and auxiliary switches. It's nearly a carbon copy of your truck. 7" screen, no bedliner, etc. I also have the exact same set of Rubi take offs (with the AT3's) sitting here at the house waiting on the truck, and also plan to throw in a 1.5" level, and was looking at options to play with the audio later as well...

Anyway! Will live vicariously through this thread until mine arrives - at which case our trucks will be nearly twins in short order :CWL:
Sponsored

OP
OP
injaneer

injaneer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Found this by accident by spotting pictures of your truck on another thread. So excited I did though because it gives me a perfect visual.

See, I ordered a Sport S in Hydro Blue with Max Tow over the weekend, with the hard top, tech package, and auxiliary switches. It's nearly a carbon copy of your truck. 7" screen, no bedliner, etc. I also have the exact same set of Rubi take offs (with the AT3's) sitting here at the house waiting on the truck, and also plan to throw in a 1.5" level, and was looking at options to play with the audio later as well...

Anyway! Will live vicariously through this thread until mine arrives - at which case our trucks will be nearly twins in short order :CWL:
Where are you located, in case we are close ?

OP
OP
injaneer

injaneer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ok, sorry this has been so slow, Summer thru so much at me, I am still just recovering from it. However, I hope to get back to adding things very soon. Still have the Kicker hideaway sub to install, but was waiting on my VoSwtich (went with the JL120) so I can install and disconnect the battery(s) once and be done.

With that any help on how to disconnect both batteries safely and install the VoSwitch and a connection for my new amp/sub (will visit google soon.) Hope to do this over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays.

OP
OP
injaneer

injaneer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Ok, finally have done something new to the Truck. And a few more are on the way.

I bought these side steps:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/barr...nhanced-rubi-rails-textured-black-jg2564.html

And these bed rock rails

https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock-4x4-jeep-gladiator-bed-side-rock-rails-jg2317.html

I have also found a $100 steel bumper from Facebook Market place:

Jeep Gladiator Blue On Black - Build Chronicles 355597206_5635929366510614_6145625949928534265_n

So today I managed to get the side steps mounted:

Jeep Gladiator Blue On Black - Build Chronicles 20230805_133259

Jeep Gladiator Blue On Black - Build Chronicles 20230805_133320

Jeep Gladiator Blue On Black - Build Chronicles 20230805_133309

I also removed my rear tow hook, as I want to paint them both (adding the 2nd one) and put back with the new steel bumper. I hope to do that and the bed rails at the same time (in a couple of weeks.)

Sponsored

OP
OP
injaneer

injaneer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Finally got the steel rear bumper installed. Took me a few weeks as I have been traveling.

Jeep Gladiator Blue On Black - Build Chronicles 20230827_193150

Jeep Gladiator Blue On Black - Build Chronicles 20230826_105806
Jeep Gladiator Blue On Black - Build Chronicles 20230831_184951

Last edited:

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
It still amuses me how similar our builds are, aside from the bed rack on mine.

How is the initial quality on the sliders? I have Rubi sliders right now but was looking at getting those same ones with the extended tube in hopes they could also be used to aid the shorter people in my life in getting in the truck :LOL:

I have the same bed sliders. I bought them for a wheeling trip in Texas but they have also been super nice for climbing into the bed and reaching the top of my rack as well.

Rear bumper with the painted hooks looks good!

OP
OP
injaneer

injaneer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It still amuses me how similar our builds are, aside from the bed rack on mine.

How is the initial quality on the sliders? I have Rubi sliders right now but was looking at getting those same ones with the extended tube in hopes they could also be used to aid the shorter people in my life in getting in the truck :LOL:

I have the same bed sliders. I bought them for a wheeling trip in Texas but they have also been super nice for climbing into the bed and reaching the top of my rack as well.

Rear bumper with the painted hooks looks good!
Thank you.

Yes I do really like my sliders. I do not use them to get in/out of the truck, but I think my daughters and wife do a bit. I need to still install the bed sliders. Thought I would be able to yesterday while installing the bumper, but just ran out of time.