Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
they mentioned pulling related issues also. I am trying to find steering shake causes
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
It sucks the electric steering has such issues that you have to keep that in mind. The alignment will help narrow it down.

I hated my JL's steering until I ditched all of it. I hop back in our JT and get a friendly reminder just how bad it is.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It sucks the electric steering has such issues that you have to keep that in mind. The alignment will help narrow it down.

I hated my JL's steering until I ditched all of it. I hop back in our JT and get a friendly reminder just how bad it is.
LOL

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well........it is the TIRES. I decided to swap back to the stockers this morning to rule out tires officially before going down the suspension geometry/steering upgrade rabbit hole. It drove smooth as glass and got it all the way up to 75+ with no shimmy at all. So next I am going to swap the 37s back on, but move the previous fronts to back and see if there is an improvement or hopefully identify one shaky tire. Glad I tried thisbecuase I am selling the stockers this afternoon.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped the 37s back on and rotated them in the process. It definitely improved, but still needs balancing attention. It starts to shimmy after 65+ now. I plan to ask the alignment shop to take a crack at it and see if they can balance them better. I have had 37 bgf km2 in the past and they balanced out fine (although the jeep could only do about 60) so.....
Jeep Gladiator Usethis83 Gobi Rubicon Project Samsung SmartPhone 095

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
Did you take the media out?

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did you take the media out?
No. I flipped them just to see if it changed anything and perhaps could isolate a bad tire. I do not have access to a tie machine. I also do not know how if 4WP mounted them (i.e. did they line up dots and valve stems, etc.) From what they told me during sales, the beads come in a bag that ruptures after driving and lets the beads loose? I do not know much about these. Maybe a bag did not break. I figure the tire shop could verify after breaking the bead.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
The balance media conversation is stupid long to understand but it sounds like you paid for a balance that didn't work.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The balance media conversation is stupid long to understand but it sounds like you paid for a balance that didn't work.
Andy,
Have you heard of the prefilled bag deal that is placed inside and ruptures to release the beads on its own? Is that a thing?

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
Andy,
Have you heard of the prefilled bag deal that is placed inside and ruptures to release the beads on its own? Is that a thing?

Yes. It is a nice convenience since the bags are already the OZ you want. I always cut the bags and drop it in. I don't leave the bags in there.

The issue I take with balance media is that I've seen wheel and tire combos in years past that require zero OZ's to balance. Which means you create a problem when you toss in the media.

You have to weigh the combo properly to know how much weight to add. The charts aren't true.

Do you know which product is in there?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. It is a nice convenience since the bags are already the OZ you want. I always cut the bags and drop it in. I don't leave the bags in there.

The issue I take with balance media is that I've seen wheel and tire combos in years past that require zero OZ's to balance. Which means you create a problem when you toss in the media.

You have to weigh the combo properly to know how much weight to add. The charts aren't true.

Do you know which product is in there?
EQUAL 8 OZS. BAG - Part # IMIEQCS40CD

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Billet LEJT.
Occupation
I build wheels.
EQUAL 8 OZS. BAG - Part # IMIEQCS40CD
I can't find that part number on their site. Do you know if it is a solid ball bearing style media or the powder?

If it is the powder... that's your issue. Equal used to make a powder product and it just shouldn't be used. I don't know if they have updated their product.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I also wonder if i have given the bags enough time to ruoture and release the media. I have less than 25 miles and mostly slower speeds......i saw on some other forums guys were driving at least double that before they beads worked correctly. Maybe i should just keep cruising for more miles and see next week.

BB2.0

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 99 TJ, 97 XJ, 87 MJ
Occupation
Auto Body
Following this one. Looks really good. Planning on a similar look!