Sponsored

Search results

  1. Tool kit / socket suggestions

    Well, needed a new battery today, and the existing battery died hard at the auto parts store, so I had to wait for them to help install it... So if you were putting together a toolkit to keep in your Jeep, a "oh crap I need to tighten / loosen this" sort of kit, something to get you back to...
  2. Finger crunching during winching in w/Factor55

    So I've got a Factor55 Flatlink and today, I nearly crunched my fingers winching the line in and am looking for suggestions. I had unspooled the line some, just to show someone the line and when I was winching back in, I will admit I was holding the Flatlink in a bad way. I was holding it with...
  3. Rolling back on a hill you can't climb, put it in neutral, or?

    So I'm still a newbie off-roader, all my experiences so far have been a local ORV park or some flat, sandy trails up north. The ORV park has some hill climb sections (some are more "rock climb" with cement blocks / chunks) and I've watched people trying to climb the hills and not making it...
  4. Mounting a fire extinguisher to the C-pillar

    I've got a mounting bracket designed to be attached using steel hose clamps and in the interest of both keeping everything from "moving" and reducing scratches and rattling, I want to put some rubber self-stick weather stripping to the hose clamps. This would be both to the clamp going around...
  5. Installing and removing a tonneau cover, depending on situation?

    Right now, I've got a soft-tonneau cover that just clamps onto the sides of the bed, and it's fine for its' purpose. But occasionally, I put some rather expensive stuff in the bed and sometimes, it's in there overnight so I've been wanting a "hard" roll up tonneau cover (ex: BAK Revolver) for...
  6. Finally used my EZ 4x4 top hoist and...

    /The Monkees begin singing "I'm a believer" 🐵 The weather finally turned for the better, so I felt it was time to give the hoist a try. The wife was at work, so I had to do this solo. Ran into a couple niggles, nothing that turned into a show stopper. For example, my driveway is enough of a...
  7. Dreaded Pentastar "tick" (maybe) - cost to repair?

    Noticed a couple weeks ago a "ticking" sound under acceleration and sitting at idle, today when I got the Jeep back from the corrosion repairs, scheduled a diagnostic visit with the dealership (still under the powertrain warranty,) to check if this is "normal," "warranty work," or "not under...
  8. Method beadgrip wheels and BFG KO3s, lowest pressure?

    So the tire pressure one should run at depends on the terrain and the wheels / tires, running on dirt roads you'd have a higher pressure than if you're rock crawling or cruising sandy trails. Well, this summer we're probably taking my truck with the wheel / tire combo above to Silver Lake Dunes...
  9. Nnnooo!!! Corrosion!

    Took the wifes' Wrangler up to the dealer yesterday because she's got the corrosion issue, so it can be dealt with. Lady at the body / paint shop who checked in her car warned me to check my Gladiator as well. Did the "slide your finger along the edge of the hood" feeling for any bumpiness or...
  10. Winter rescues of stranded drivers...

    So last night and today, large swaths of the eastern US are getting a LOT of snow. This is going to be a two-part question, the one most people will reply to is: Have you ever used your Gladiator to help someone stuck in the snow? Whether just to give them a push out of deep snow, or your...
  11. What's with MetalCloak having a werewolf on the stickers?

    Seriously, why do they have a werewolf on the stickers you get with their gear? Was the owner bitten by a wolf and now he's trying to normalize lycanthropy? LoL
  12. Painting / coating for Metalcloak Overland Flip Steps...

    So please don't ban me for this, but I'm asking for my wife and her Wrangler... She's looking at getting drop steps for her Jeep and one of the things that's piqued her interest in the Metalcloaks is getting them painted a particular color. My question is (and at some point, I want a set of...
  13. Silver Lake Sand Dunes, Michigan, advice, suggestions?

    The wife and I will be going camping at Luddington State Park in September (Labor Day weekend and a couple days into the week,) and we're thinking of taking the Jeep down to Silver Lake to go out into the dunes. I'm not worried about getting aired down (Method bead grips and KO3s,) more looking...
  14. Installing rear sway bar reinforcement brackets, wheels on, or off?

    Just bought the Metalcloak rear sway bar reinforcement brackets the other day after reading some of the discussions on them here and have a question for those that have them... Will it be easier to install them if I take the wheel off on the side I'm working on, supporting the axle with a...
  15. Tire plug kit suggestions wanted

    I'm putting together a combination Jeep / camper toolkit so I can get myself out of some jams. One of the items I'm thinking of putting in is a tire-plug kit, so that if either while off-roading or hauling the camper, I get a flat (say, a nail or screw or such through the tread) Potentially I...
  16. D-Ring question, got rust...

    Bought some d-rings to leave on my front bumper (yes, I like the look,) but putting a new hook on the winch line I noticed the pin was starting to rust and I could NOT unscrew the pin by hand (going to try tools today.) I figure my first mistake was buying Harbor Freight D-Rings and my second...
  17. Should I be shock and spring shopping?

    Noticed yesterday leaving work and going over a speed bump that it seemed like my front end might've hit the bump stop. I went over the speed bump slow, around 5ish MPH, and when the front wheels came off the bump (and it's one of those narrow, steep on both sides, maybe 5-6" high sort,) there...
  18. Fire extinguisher mounting, where and how?

    Looking to add a fire extinguisher to my cabin as a "just in case" item, both for myself and others. Where have you mounted yours and how did you mount it? I like the look and style of this bracket: H3R Performance ProLock Flat Surface Brackets but where (and how) would it get mounted? I've...
  19. Advice on future suspension upgrades

    Lets get some of the details out of the way, first, then the question: I do not intend to lift the Jeep I'm not looking to rock crawl I'd like to improve the trailer-towing a bit, not sure if that's possible. I *KNOW* I can't increase my payload, short of trading in the Gladiator for a regular...
  20. Suspension problem, wheel hop or out of balance, or overly-sensitive driver?

    New wheels and tires were put on last month and everything's been good, until this week. Twice now, driving over some railroad tracks that cross the road on an angle, it seems the right rear wheel starts "vibrating," until I ease off the gas for a few moments. Then, everything's back to normal...




Top