First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon—Sarge Green
Occupation
Business
Just bought my 2021 Gladiator Rubicon and am considering running 37s but have heard conflicting reports on whether or not to regear. I know I can run 37s on the Rubi, but will it suffer on highway…ex: fails to get to 8th gear? What experiences do you have with JT Rubi on 37s?
Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
Non diesel? It’ll suck on 37s and 4.10. You likely won’t notice a whole lot empty driving around town however. Hit the highway and you’ll mostly live in 6th gear and the occasional 7th. 8th only downhill. If the grade goes up even a few percent it’ll downshift to 5th. Towing, even worse.

The good news, at least it’s not 3.73. If they are super light and undersized like a 37” BFG on a light wheel you may be able to get away with it.

OP
OP
trappjp

trappjp

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business
Non diesel? It’ll suck on 37s and 4.10. You likely won’t notice a whole lot empty driving around town however. Hit the highway and you’ll mostly live in 6th gear and the occasional 7th. 8th only downhill. If the grade goes up even a few percent it’ll downshift to 5th. Towing, even worse.

The good news, at least it’s not 3.73. If they are super light and undersized like a 37” BFG on a light wheel you may be able to get away with it.
Thanks!

Deleted member 22728

Gear ratio matched to powertrain type and tire size. 4.88 for gas and 4.56 for diesel or HEMI with 37" tires, for example, allow the gear ranges to once-again perform per original designs; you basically get full functionality and shift freedom back. The difference felt is immediate, shift strategies return to OE spec., including intuitive upshift and downshifting.

OP
OP
trappjp

trappjp

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business
Great info, thanks all. My takeaway is, just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. I don’t want to run 37s and lose performance so I am going to stick with my plan to add 35s this coming week and will consider 37s and regearing in the future.

OP
OP
trappjp

trappjp

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business
Installed the 35s today. I have wheels on order but given supply chain likely won’t see them before the end of January. These Nitto Ridge Grapplers are significantly more quiet than the stock 33” Falken M/Ts

FFC07C3E-9681-4CC9-9B4B-AD60DEEE94E1.jpeg
Sponsored