Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stacy'sMom aka: 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
I've been rolling 37s since 10k without any issue on the JTR 4:10s and a Tazer.

I was resigned to purchasing a full sized truck because I do have to plow out 1/4 ml long parking lot starting this winter and we see a future with a 16-20' 3500 camper.

But with pricing so high on junky used trucks; I'm not considering just doing the gearing from 4:10s to at least 4:88 and maybe even 5:13s .
In the past, I knew 4:88s were what I wanted, but with the consideration of the little extra oomph I'll need; I'm thinking the 5:13s might be best.
Heck, I might drop the tires back to 33s or 35s in the winter.

PS: I know some people think, plowing with a JT? That's crazy! But... IMO, done smartly; it should be just fine for me to clear out lot at the resort and our lot is actually initially plowed by a mountain truck to keep shuttles running.

As far as towing; has anyone considered or used 4:88 vs 5:13s?

Lastly, I will likely pay the extra for Jeep to install the gearing to keep warranty, especially since they have replaced my rear axle 1x already because of the locker light issue.

Any help or advice would be great.
Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Dont know your location in VA, maybe where you are there is more snow. But here in Lorton, we haven't had measurable snow in years. Plowing 2 or 3 inches with the JT should be no problem....

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I haven't updated the location. I live on a ski resort in WV. LOL

OP
OP
Jaydebe

Jaydebe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Renovations
Vehicle Showcase
Adding to this: BOSS doesn't offer a plow for the Rubi or Mojave, just the Sport & Ovrland.
It turns out that the sway-bar disconnect is the issue.

2021-JT-Mojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I tow a 5000 lb boat/trailer combo on 37’s…did it pre regear and post regear…I went with 5.13 and very glad i did (vs 4.88)…as a mater of fact if you can convince yourself never to consistently drive over 65-70mph, then i would even suggest 5.38…seems to me the only real downside to 5.38 would be speeds over 65mph. I would absolutely do 5.38 if your Jeep doest see interstates. But in any case 5000lbs seems to be pushing the real tow limit of the gladiator so under 5000lbs ok but do really watch the payload. i see a brake upgrade sometime in the future for that is now my weakest link.

The dude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Adding to this: BOSS doesn't offer a plow for the Rubi or Mojave, just the Sport & Ovrland.
It turns out that the sway-bar disconnect is the issue.
I know this is old. But I put a boss mount on my Rubi easy peasy just need to remove disconnect skid plate. And enlarge 1 hole each side I’ll put my skid on when winter is over
Sponsored