HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Cool story, but throwing shade at everyone who ever even looked at a jeep prolly isn't necessary. Your local service department sux....FCA, Jeep Cares, and the dealership that sold you the vehicle had nothing to do with that.
Sponsored

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Update. Gladiator finally fixed and back on the road. Super fun adventure. Upon having it towed to the local stealership at 7:00 AM on a Monday morning, I was told by the service advisor that the battery was only reading at 10 volts, and that was the problem, and that they would have a new battery there within 30 minutes. I told her that was not the problem, as my voltimeter was reading 12.4 volts, and a battery with only 10 volts would not be cranking the engine. After several eye-rolls, and heavy sighs (how dare I show any hint of competence in the basics of auto mechanics), she insisted that was the problem, so I figured why not get a brand new battery along with the actual needed repair that they will eventually figure out, so I let her put a new battery in it. I didn't mention the fact that I sat waiting in a spot within view of my Gladiator the whole time, which was parked out on the lot, and no mechanic even got near it, let alone hooked up any testing equipment to it. The only person that touched the truck was the lot boy that was going around to all the vehicles, to hang numbered tags on the rear view mirrors, who carelessly opened the door on my truck and slammed the door into the brand new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk parked next to it. Thanks man. You are awesome bro! After nearly 3 hours had gone by, and they still hadn't even put a battery in it, I reminded the advisor that she told me 30 minutes, and that I would now need a replacement or loaner vehicle. She directed me to the local el-cheapo car rental company that specializes in economy import roller skate type vehicles that you wind up with a rubber band to make them go. I would rather walk honestly, so I did. After not hearing back from the dealership on the first day, I called them. After being directed through their automated "customer service" robo call center, and realizing that every numerical option I chose would eventually get dumped into the "general mailbox" voicemail (I called back at least 10 times, unsuccessfully trying all departments and extensions, trying to get a human to pick-up), I finally got a callback halfway through the next day with an update. A revelation!! Its not the battery!!! More testing would be needed. Hhhhmm, well that was a waste of 2 days. Whats the big deal? Its not like I just bought a brand new truck for tens of thousands of dollars, and put several thousand $$$ down, oh wait, I did. Another day goes by, no call from them. Another call by me, another voice mail left. Got a call back a day later, "we're testing fuel pressure, and some other things, but no diagnosis yet". Another day, another date with the robo answering machine, I'm starting to like her sexy monotone voice by now. Siri's got nothing on you my sweet. I digress. Another day.....you see where this is going. This is a Jeep Dealership, with FCA certified mechanics, that have had my brand new Gladiator with 156 miles on the odometer for a week, and they don't even have a diagnosis yet? I finally am left with no choice but to attempt to get FCA involved, I write a long e-mail to FCA, Jeep Cares, and the general manager and salesperson of the dealership where I bought the truck demanding something be done. I hit send, then drove straight to the dealership. On arrival, I find my brand new gladiator sitting in the service lot with the hood all the way up, resting on the windshield, and multiple parts strewn around on the fenders, with a great many electrical connectors unhooked, and a can of "Electrical Connector Cleaner" spray sitting on the fender. Looks like some high tech diagnostic testing is being carried out, no? So I hang out, to see if my truck is being worked on. Nope. Nobody doing a damn thing to it. Its probably been sitting like that for days. I go to my "service advisors" booth, and am told she is on a break. I say to myself "yeah, for the past week". So I find the service manager, and read him the Riot Act to let him know of my displeasure with this entire purchase, service, and lack of communication about my new truck. I tell him I am considering not re-taking possession of the vehicle. He is a nice man, is patient with me, and is sympathetic to my situation, he gives me his card, says he will now be my contact, and that he will find out whats going on and contact me. He eventually does, tells me that the problem is likely the PCM (Powertrain Control Module), and that one is on order, and will be there by the beginning of the following week. It arrives when he said it would, and it ends up being the problem. He tells me there was an internal problem with the PCM, and that he thinks there was a loose ground in the PCM, making it unable to send power to the coils. The replacement coil is a factory replacement that is VIN specific. Sorry this is so long my friends. I do look forward to many future happy days with my new Gladiator, however, I felt it was necessary to communicate my experience with all of the folks here. I love my truck, but I am honestly disappointed in Jeep and FCA for that matter, and certainly my local Jeep dealer. This is a brand spanking new vehicle, and I paid an awful lot of money for it, just like all of you here. Fortunately, this was parked in my garage when the problem started, but it could have left me stranded somewhere. I understand, things happen, even if it is infrequently. But the lack of customer service and just plain old positive communication throughout the service process was and is unacceptable to me. I also reached out to Jeep Cares, through this forum. They contacted me back, with a "We regret this has happened" message. They then gave me a claim number, and the name of a contact person at Jeep Cares. That is where the "help" or "assistance" stopped. They did NOTHING for me at all.

I have a job that is extremely stressful right now, and it is also a job that our world is relying on tremendously right now. I am a Registered Nurse. So is my wife. I work in the Emergency Department, as well as in Surgery. Having a dependable vehicle is critical for me. One of the main reasons I bought a brand new truck is so that I could have a vehicle that I can depend on. Not only do I work a full-time schedule at the hospital, but I am also on-call frequently as well, and I have to be at the hospital within 30 minutes if I get called in for an emergency surgery. I don't have the luxury to tell the Surgeon, "oh sorry, these things happen", not to mention saying that to my patients or their family members. When my "customer service" fails, or I don't follow through in the Emergency Department, people suffer, and people die. It's that simple. I am no more important than any of you. There are so many people out there, putting themselves and their families at risk by helping our communities with their essential duties that people depend on during this time.

Jeep, and @JeepCares. I have come to find out that you are not people that I can depend on. I gave you an opportunity to make things right with me, and you failed miserably. I am entirely disappointed. I bought another brand new vehicle from your gigantic company, and I made multiple requests to you to make sure my brand new vehicle was repaired in a timely manner, or provide me a comparable vehicle while it was being repaired. You did nothing, other than sending me a "we regret to hear this has happened" e-mail. That's not customer service. It's insulting. Perhaps I need to send out "I regret purchasing another Jeep vehicle" emails or threads on some of the many Jeep forums or other social media outlets.

Disappointed;

Steve

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Iv had my issues with service advisors, FCA ect i filed with lemon law [email protected]
Sponsored