Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon diesel, 2011 challenger,custom harley trike
Occupation
Retired gunslinger(usmc0311),scuba instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So im sitting in my diesel gladiator rubicon last week listening to the radio while i send a couple texts on my phone ,truck was on but engine off.then all of a sudden electronics started wigging out,wipers start going, all the idiots lights turn out. So i try to start vehicle but keeps saying need to shift to park to start even tho in park. Stick wont let me move it and i press push button to start car or try to turn off but wontvlet me do anything. So at this point got desperate and tried remote start with key and still nothing. So after 10-15mins of this (wipers still going even tho their off) the truck finnally died and nothing worked. Took out my voltmeter and had 6v of juice left in battery but was getting nothing. I installed a 12v power outlet in bed of truck 5 weeks prior with no issue so of course dealer tried to point to that so i drove down there and disconnected it. They tested the batteries and they came back fine. Now dealer saying they dont know why truck wont start and need to "dig deeper "and run more diagnostics for 555$. Its a new jeep 2 months old less then 1k miles. I have a feeling they gonna try to fuck me on the warranty cause i had the 12v outlet power installed but that wouldnt cause any issues i know it and they know it. And if it did would of shown up sooner not 5 weeks down the road

20210104_204705.jpg
Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I remember reading a thread about similar symptoms and it turned out to be a blown fuse. Start searching the forum. Fellow had wipers going, idiot lights, etc...

I think it was fuse.. Check it out, you never know

Last edited:

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Here's what typically happens with the ESS systems to cause this. The main battery positive terminal is disconnected and allowed to make contact with a grounded surface, not knowing that the ESS aux battery is still connected to the terminal. This causes the ESS High Current fuse to blow, which isolates the ESS aux battery from the alternator and the main battery. This leaves only the ESS aux battery powering the system electronics and when it runs down, there's no power to the system electronics.

Check your High Current (Capacity?) fuses.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Since this will have drained the smaller ESS aux battery, once it's reconnected through a good fuse it will start recharging from the main battery. It might not be a problem, but be prepared to charge/boost/jump the main battery incase it needs it.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So im sitting in my diesel gladiator rubicon last week listening to the radio while i send a couple texts on my phone ,truck was on but engine off.then all of a sudden electronics started wigging out,wipers start going, all the idiots lights turn out. So i try to start vehicle but keeps saying need to shift to park to start even tho in park. Stick wont let me move it and i press push button to start car or try to turn off but wontvlet me do anything. So at this point got desperate and tried remote start with key and still nothing. So after 10-15mins of this (wipers still going even tho their off) the truck finnally died and nothing worked. Took out my voltmeter and had 6v of juice left in battery but was getting nothing. I installed a 12v power outlet in bed of truck 5 weeks prior with no issue so of course dealer tried to point to that so i drove down there and disconnected it. They tested the batteries and they came back fine. Now dealer saying they dont know why truck wont start and need to "dig deeper "and run more diagnostics for 555$. Its a new jeep 2 months old less then 1k miles. I have a feeling they gonna try to fuck me on the warranty cause i had the 12v outlet power installed but that wouldnt cause any issues i know it and they know it. And if it did would of shown up sooner not 5 weeks down the road

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator wont start 20210104_204705
Are you still experiencing concerns with this, NORCrAwLer? If so, send us a private message so we can discuss with you further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator wont start 20210104_204705
Did you ever get your Jeep fixed
Sponsored