First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Secret stuff in secret locations
What do you mean shaving benefits? The Jeep wave ONCE IN FORCE won't be shaved. Modified for FUTURE buyers, perhaps. But once you buy and have your 3 changes/rotations in 3 years, it won't be shaved.
Frankly, it's interesting that they can even do this at all since they have to pay dealerships to perform the service, so in a very real way, it's like a rebate. This is a way of lowering price, or giving incentives that can easily be modified or removed.

It's marketing - like those rebates are. Microsoft did an in-depth studies years ago showing that as far as sending in for rebates, only about 10-15% ever do, but, the fact they even offered increased sales.
I suspect that FCA has done similar studies - offer a perk, most will not take advantage, but drive sales during a normal slump time, and it's easily removed or modified later - not like changing prices which are harder to do. Lowering the prices then increasing them again - turns off buyers, but offering temporary incentives that can come and go or be modified, it works. Marketing psychology 101.

So I guess, yeah, I just said look for it to change in the near future. No rebates or incentives are ever permanent. I bet in 1 year to 18 months, this will indeed change. But for those who have already bought, it's locked in.
while it is only a portion of the benefits offered thru the JeepWave Program, they discontinued the marketplace discount in March or April of this year for existing jeepwave customers. Sure the free oil changes and tire rotations are still there, but they did reduce some of the stated benefits of the program.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
while it is only a portion of the benefits offered thru the JeepWave Program, they discontinued the marketplace discount in March or April of this year for existing jeepwave customers. Sure the free oil changes and tire rotations are still there, but they did reduce some of the stated benefits of the program.
Gotcha - I'd forgotten about that card I got in the mail.............

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
@JeepCares I have a question regarding the program. I had prepaid oil changes through Jeep for my 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk that I traded in for a new 2021 JT. Dealer couldn't transfer these because Jeep controls them (mind you these were purchased, not free Wave changes). How can I have this purchase transferred to my new Jeep to add on to the 3 Wave oil changes?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
@JeepCares I have a question regarding the program. I had prepaid oil changes through Jeep for my 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk that I traded in for a new 2021 JT. Dealer couldn't transfer these because Jeep controls them (mind you these were purchased, not free Wave changes). How can I have this purchase transferred to my new Jeep to add on to the 3 Wave oil changes?
Hi, usnavycdr. Per the Jeep Wave website:

"If the vehicle is sold, the Jeep WaveĀ® membership for all membership types, along with any unused benefits, is null and void."

That said, sadly it does not look like you can transfer the unused oil changes but to be sure, we recommend calling Jeep Wave directly at 844-533-7928.

Kate
Jeep Cares

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
Hi, usnavycdr. Per the Jeep Wave website:

"If the vehicle is sold, the Jeep WaveĀ® membership for all membership types, along with any unused benefits, is null and void."

That said, sadly it does not look like you can transfer the unused oil changes but to be sure, we recommend calling Jeep Wave directly at 844-533-7928.

Kate
Jeep Cares
These were not Jeep Wave oil changes but prepaid changes from Jeep through the dealership. They say itā€™s tied to vin and only Jeep can transfer. Iā€™d long since used Wave benefits the Cherokee had 85,000 miles.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
These were not Jeep Wave oil changes but prepaid changes from Jeep through the dealership. They say itā€™s tied to vin and only Jeep can transfer. Iā€™d long since used Wave benefits the Cherokee had 85,000 miles.
I apologize for my misunderstanding. Please try calling Jeep Cares directly then at 877-426-5337, they will be able to discuss your situation further. Thanks.

Kate
Jeep Cares