Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Very accurate. The long wheelbase is tough in rock gardens for high centering, but is really good on climbs and shelves. As you said earlier, most trails are doable in a stock rubicon, just know where the skids are. Metal sounds don’t bother me much. The skids are there to be used.
I've mountain biked most of the trails in Moab (I live in NM so it's an easy drive), but not wheeled there much. I've ordered a JTR (built and waiting for rail), and have 35s and the Mopar 2" lift ready to install. What trails could I do with that set-up? I ask since you were just there.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've mountain biked most of the trails in Moab (I live in NM so it's an easy drive), but not wheeled there much. I've ordered a JTR (built and waiting for rail), and have 35s and the Mopar 2" lift ready to install. What trails could I do with that set-up? I ask since you were just there.
Plenty of things are in your reach at that level. We’re in CO, so are also within an easy distance. You can definitely do poison spider with a stock rubicon, as I’ve done it. With 35’s and a lift you’ll have very few problems. Hells revenge definitely. Fins I haven’t done, but it’s easier than those by far. I would guess the most difficult stuff would be avoided, like Pritchett, but lots of things you’ll do great. The nice thing is that many trails have choices for lines. When I did poison spider after the lift and tires, I did it very differently. I can give you way better insight in a few weeks. I’m going back the 2nd week in May and hope to hit at least 4 new trails that weekend. I really want to do cliffhanger, top of the world, maybe steel bender, and I think we’ll do Fins first as a warm up. Hells revenge might happen as well.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Plenty of things are in your reach at that level. We’re in CO, so are also within an easy distance. You can definitely do poison spider with a stock rubicon, as I’ve done it. With 35’s and a lift you’ll have very few problems. Hells revenge definitely. Fins I haven’t done, but it’s easier than those by far. I would guess the most difficult stuff would be avoided, like Pritchett, but lots of things you’ll do great. The nice thing is that many trails have choices for lines. When I did poison spider after the lift and tires, I did it very differently. I can give you way better insight in a few weeks. I’m going back the 2nd week in May and hope to hit at least 4 new trails that weekend. I really want to do cliffhanger, top of the world, maybe steel bender, and I think we’ll do Fins first as a warm up. Hells revenge might happen as well.
Thanks Dan. If I had my damn Gladiator, I'd join you. I really like the Moab brewery for food.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Dan. If I had my damn Gladiator, I'd join you. I really like the Moab brewery for food.
Next time. Congrats on the new Jeep. It’ll be here before you know it.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Get the book. Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails. It has most of the trails in it. and rates the trails too.

https://www.amazon.com/Guide-Moab-B...t=&hvlocphy=9006012&hvtargid=pla-565452168235

Sponsored

troymi

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Ecodiesel
Great reading. Very surprised the concept egg Jeeps aren't out there with you!! Right

OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
Ha I am glad you found it somewhat of a challenge. It was one of the harder ones I tackled. Not sure if its the one I you are thinking of but right before wipe out hill there is an obstacle that was pretty hard for a lot of our group. Belly skids are on my radar too probably off a ways. I would like to do Rubicon someday and having those and my armored up sliders will come first.
Going up was an absolute cinch... but going down definitely had some pucker factor going! HAHA!

I don't recall anything right before wipe out hill... I'm talking about an outcropping of rock at the top of the very first dirt hill you climb.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
Levi.Butler

Levi.Butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Data Engineer
35 or 37 tires and a lift? Sorry if you already answered that.
I'm on 39s with a pieced together lift. Mopar 2 inch springs, with Rock Krawler control arms, Artec steering and RadFlo shocks.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I'm trying to get a hold of one of the black "Prize Patrol" flags from this year. They look like this but my blue one is from last year. Anyone have a spare? The brand doesn't matter I know there are like 5 different versions.

0514221855.jpg
Sponsored