First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
retired engineer
Wondering if I can simply take the 255/70 R18 stock tires off the 18" x 7.5" rims and add 33" All Terrain tires to those same rims with NO rubbing ... even on mild off road trails? I tow a 20' camper weighting about 3,800 lbs with the Overland with tow package, is it ok to go up to those tires? I want to keep my suspension TOTALLY stock.
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if I can simply take the 255/70 R18 stock tires off the 18" x 7.5" rims and add 33" All Terrain tires to those same rims with NO rubbing ... even on mild off road trails? I tow a 20' camper weighting about 3,800 lbs with the Overland with tow package, is it ok to go up to those tires? I want to keep my suspension TOTALLY stock.

I would highly say yes. Reason so, I'm in the process of getting bigger tires on my stock Overland wheels as many other have/are. I'm actually going bigger than the 33's you're inquiring about. Im going for a 34 to nearly 35 in tire and I know for a fact and after extensive research that it will work. Even with stock suspension which I plan to run for awhile until I get a leveling kit. But even then the leveling kit for me will just be for aesthetics and not for function.

Basically anything up to and including 35s will fit stock wise. Although certatin tire widths on the larger range (35's etc) arent recommended on the stock wheel width considering its only 7.5. But in your case of a 33., it should be fine. Honestly, going to a 33 wouldnt be much difference visually from the basic 255's on there already. But to each his own.

Edit.: I just realized why is this post in the staging area section? Probably more fitting in the Wheel/Tire section

OP
OP

Sarge Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired engineer
I would highly say yes. Reason so, I'm in the process of getting bigger tires on my stock Overland wheels as many other have/are. I'm actually going bigger than the 33's you're inquiring about. Im going for a 34 to nearly 35 in tire and I know for a fact and after extensive research that it will work. Even with stock suspension which I plan to run for awhile until I get a leveling kit. But even then the leveling kit for me will just be for aesthetics and not for function.

Basically anything up to and including 35s will fit stock wise. Although certatin tire widths on the larger range (35's etc) arent recommended on the stock wheel width considering its only 7.5. But in your case of a 33., it should be fine. Honestly, going to a 33 wouldnt be much difference visually from the basic 255's on there already. But to each his own.
I hear you... but I tow the trailer and just want to get away from the H/T tires and go to a decent looking A/T tire... I am OK with the size of the 255/70 they are over 32" now

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
My next tire change, I'm going to have them put on 285/70/R17's on my Sport-S and have them check it for rubbing before anything else is done. I've taken the closure panels out already, so I shouldn't have any rubbing with 33's but you just don't know until you put them on.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you... but I tow the trailer and just want to get away from the H/T tires and go to a decent looking A/T tire... I am OK with the size of the 255/70 they are over 32" now
Gotcha. I get the Overland is intended for more luxury and road features, but those rental car Duelers tires got to go. Worst feature on the overland hands down.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sarge Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired engineer
Gotcha. I get the Overland is intended for more luxury and road features, but those rental car Duelers tires got to go. Worst feature on the overland hands down.
Agree with that

OP
OP

Sarge Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired engineer

Edit.: I just realized why is this post in the staging area section? Probably more fitting in the Wheel/Tire section
Because I am new and stupid and don't know how to use the forum
Sponsored