Sponsored

Where the Kentucky People At?

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSSD Granite Crystal Metallic (Korg)
Occupation
Engineer
I did Fincastle this weekend! Fun stuff! Bent some nerf steps so time for some real sliders...

1653331397641.png
I have some like new Rubicon sliders that have been LineX'ed for sale if your interested.

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Who was your guide?
The signup sheet says Mike Sisman, but have a horrible memory to know if that's right or not(was group 12)

I have some like new Rubicon sliders that have been LineX'ed for sale if your interested.
Mine is a rubi and I still have my stock sliders, but the wife wanted some steps... I went cheap, I guess it's true: buy once $$$, cry once

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
The signup sheet says Mike Sisman, but have a horrible memory to know if that's right or not(was group 12)

Mine is a rubi and I still have my stock sliders, but the wife wanted some steps... I went cheap, I guess it's true: buy once $$$, cry once
I thought it Might have been Mike. He said he took a group through Fincastle. He's a great guy and trail guide.

This is what I put on for protection and kinda a step.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B093QDR71P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I have vowed not to do that rock garden on Old Fincastle until a Mopar lift and 35s, and maybe not even then! Am I being too skeered?

Sponsored

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I have vowed not to do that rock garden on Old Fincastle until a Mopar lift and 35s, and maybe not even then! Am I being too skeered?
I would recommend the lift, you can do it with 33s. I have the 2" lift and 33s and made it ok. That being said. 35s would make the one big boulder easier.

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
Well I don't know what I'm doing yet, have the $80 almost 35s kenda at2 from the Walmart sale, and no lift. I split the boulder... 1 wheel down and 1 up, and landed on my crappy nerf steps (bent a little) and starting spinning, backed up and bumped it over... Kinda freaked but made it!

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Thanks guys, for sharing your experiences on a tricky spot. Either of you run Furnace Pilot Rd? I think it's also known as Mountain something-or-other . . .

ScottLars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks guys, for sharing your experiences on a tricky spot. Either of you run Furnace Pilot Rd? I think it's also known as Mountain something-or-other . . .
I haven't run that yet.

I do my riding with "One Jeep Crew". We do rides almost weekly. You should look the up on Facebook.
Sponsored