First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I am contemplating upgrading to the 8.4 NAV from my 7.0 system. For those of you that have done this, can you answer the following questions?

1. Is this a plug and play swap (will be using part number 68417861AG, a Gladiator part as I understand it)?
2. I have a Sport Max Tow and will be adding Rubicon axles, will the Off-Road Pages work from the 8.4?
3. If the Off-Road Pages work but need a refresh, can the Tazer handle this or is it a dealer required refresh?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk polar edition
I am looking into the same eXact scenario.
1. Yes it is plug and play. If you have Sirius on your 7.0 radio. If not you’ll need to buy the antenna kit.
2. off-road pages will work but will need the tazer. You will not need a dealer flash.

GobiGladiator1

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
So I actually am in the process of doing this now. I have the 8.4 inch screen hooked up in my Sport S which had the 7.0 inch screen previously. It took a little time to sync, but everything is working with the exception of the Navigation, which says I am in a different state. I assume for some of the additional apps/functionality I'll need to contact UConnect and see about them associating this screen with my VIN (purchased the unit as a take off from eBay) but everything that I had before plus most of the additional features including Sirius Sat radio work.

The dealer I am working with thinks I may need a new wiring harness to incorporate the NAV which I didn't have before. I am waiting on a call back from them on the price. If anyone has any additional info on this it would be much appreciated. Ideally I'd like to get this working without additional parts or a dealer visit unless there is no other way.

Sponsored

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Also, not to sound like an idiot, but what do the 'Off-road Pages' offer in the 8.4" system?

OP
OP
kickingaz

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
Also, not to sound like an idiot, but what do the 'Off-road Pages' offer in the 8.4" system?
I don't know anything about those guys. The Off-road Pages" are a a menu that identifies certain functions when off-roading such as transfer case selection, lockers, etc. The following excerpt is from page 445 of the owner's manual:

"Your vehicle may be equipped with Off-Road Pages, which displays vehicle information related to the drivetrain, transfer case, and coolant/oil gauges.

To access Off-Road Pages, press the Apps button on the touchscreen, and then select Off-Road Pages."

The manual goes on to describe the Status Bar, Pitch & Roll, Drivetrain, and Accessory Gauge selections. I have it in my wife's JLU Rubicon and use it when we are off-road.

Gregbj33

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2017 Wrangler
Occupation
Store Manager Weis Markets

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I ordered my 8.4” from them. Great experience. Shipped in 2 days! Plug and Play and even have Sirius on it, not sure for how long but I’ll take it for now!
Did you change out the HVAC controls as well? If so, did you get the AUTO control feature?

Sponsored

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Alright, I went back and forth with NisMopar and they were very helpful. I ordered everything and since its to Hawaii it might be a week for delivery but I am stoked to dump the crappy 5" radio. I'll let ya know how the install goes, seems very straightforward. Going to install with the AUX switches at the same time.

GobiGladiator1

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Update on my end, Navigation works, everything that I had on my 7 inch screen works, satellite radio works without any dealer intervention. I purchased the 8.4 unit from another Gladiator owner. Some still existing issues are:

1. I signed up for my free trial of the Guardian Services, now I have two Gladiators showing up in my Jeep and MyMopar Apps. I assume the second Gladiator is where my 8.4 inch screen came from.

2.The 2nd USB port no longer works with Apple CarPlay, it only charges my phone.

Outside of these issues it’s working well. Off-road pages and all.

Uconnect said I need to go to the dealer and have them associate the new radio with my VIN and Jeep Customer Support told me that the sales codes need to be updated, also at the dealership. I will most likely keep my Tuesday morning appointment unless they tell me these are things they can do on the back end.

dstrout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator, Hyundai Kona, Subaru BRZ
So the NisMopar eBay site says that it’s an additional $199 to enable the off-road pages, but the nismopar web site doesn’t mention it. Does anybody know which is right?

I have a Sport S, 7” screen. It has tilt and roll display, so I’m guessing the sensors are there. An extra $200 is going to make me crankier than I usually am.

pacificoflyr

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
So the NisMopar eBay site says that it’s an additional $199 to enable the off-road pages, but the nismopar web site doesn’t mention it. Does anybody know which is right?

I have a Sport S, 7” screen. It has tilt and roll display, so I’m guessing the sensors are there. An extra $200 is going to make me crankier than I usually am.
I asked them this....if you have a Tazer you are good to go...

“Hey Ryan you'll need to double check with tazer. There was a time Tazer didn't offer that. If yours is an older one it may just need an update. We do offer a programmer that only does off-road pages and nothing else. But we sell more tazers due to the vast amount of things that can be done with them.”

gax302

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey Gobi any updates to this

did the dealer flash the new radio with the vin? did it cost anything?
is the 2nd USB still only charging not carplay (same for me)

how did you get xm/guardian to work?
keeps failing for me

tia

Update on my end, Navigation works, everything that I had on my 7 inch screen works, satellite radio works without any dealer intervention. I purchased the 8.4 unit from another Gladiator owner. Some still existing issues are:

1. I signed up for my free trial of the Guardian Services, now I have two Gladiators showing up in my Jeep and MyMopar Apps. I assume the second Gladiator is where my 8.4 inch screen came from.

2.The 2nd USB port no longer works with Apple CarPlay, it only charges my phone.

Outside of these issues it’s working well. Off-road pages and all.

Uconnect said I need to go to the dealer and have them associate the new radio with my VIN and Jeep Customer Support told me that the sales codes need to be updated, also at the dealership. I will most likely keep my Tuesday morning appointment unless they tell me these are things they can do on the back end.
Sponsored