CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
dude....I'm trying to justify 37s....
Your Jeep is one of the best build rigs—everything: tip to tail, all of it—on this forum….I wouldn’t change a thing on it.

But if you gotta, then you gotta.
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I appreciate it. few things left to do...ARB lockers....trusses etc. Subtle improvements.

Your Jeep is one of the best build rigs—everything: tip to tail, all of it—on this forum….I wouldn’t change a thing on it.

But if you gotta, then you gotta.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Finally found it! Enjoy:
That was rad! didn't look like he came out much worse for wear either. I think I remember seeing some photos of the test trucks doing the Rubicon on 31" and 33" tires. Gives me hope!

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
That was rad! didn't look like he came out much worse for wear either. I think I remember seeing some photos of the test trucks doing the Rubicon on 31" and 33" tires. Gives me hope!
Yeah depends on who you go with and how much experience you have. Plus don't be afraid to stack rocks!

Hey I am in Santa Rosa too! You should come up with our crew to Cow or Mendo NF.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Yeah depends on who you go with and how much experience you have. Plus don't be afraid to stack rocks!

Hey I am in Santa Rosa too! You should come up with our crew to Cow or Mendo NF.
Let me know next time you go. I've been doing some exploring up in Mendo and Snow Mountain, but it's been such a long time since I've been to Cow, I wouldn't even know where to go.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
Just finished the 2nd video in the series! The soup bowl is something else. The buggies/crawlers get after the obstacle and even my Gladiator gets in on the fun. Here's the vid:

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crap forgot to post Vid #3 on here! This video of the series has us moving on from Soup Bowl and making our way through a number of water crossings and the V-notch aka the Squeeze. The Rubicon Trail's natural beauty rivals any trail out there.

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Part 4 of the series has us moving on from the water after the early rain/snow through many obstacles, Indian Trail, and more water crossing on our way Buck Island. The Rubicon Trail's natural beauty rivals any trail out there and catching the sunset was a sight to see. That being said we get ourselves in trouble at Buck Island and you'll have to see how we make it out of the predicament.

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 5th video of the series is us night wheeling from Buck Island to the Springs. It's a fun one even though a wrong turn gets some of us wet... really wet. Makes for good entertainment and adventure at the least. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Matstock4

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Final recap of our trip to the Rubicon Trail and damage assessment of my Jeep. A surprising look underneath the Jeep. The results definitely would've been different if it wasnt for my spotters. Jeeps are just so capable its ridiculous. Even longer wheelbase ones
1f609.png

Sponsored