First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
IT Professional; Retired Military
Also, my insurance (Allstate) actually told me that I needed to file a claim with the other driver’s insurance (USAA) and that they weren’t part of the process. The only thing Allstate wanted was the accident report so they could file it with the DMV.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Repairable? What? That’s totaled. Glad to know everyone is fine. You’re surely get a new replacement so at least that’s good.
Yeah, the USAA rep (other driver’s insurance) kept trying to clarify the condition of the windshield, “yes, but are there any cracks in the windshield”…🤣

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Gupton is a dealership, and tread lightly gets you 1% below invoice but you have to pay $100 for a membership and wait 30 days before it will take effect on the discount.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gupton-motors-up-to-8-below-invoice.34440/

Quite a long read for the whole thread, but Gupton motors is one of a handful of dealers that do bulk orders with Jeep so have a larger allotment then most. They also offer some great quotes of 6-8% below invoice.

Obviously this is on a new build, but as long as you fight for market value as your payout, then you may be able to swing it. Be sure to look at advertised prices and take some screen shots of similar Jeeps. Also, include replacement costs for anything you added when you talk with the insurance.
Awesome, thanks for the clarification and info, it’s very much appreciated. I’ll look at it tomorrow so I can get on top of it.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Also, my insurance (Allstate) actually told me that I needed to file a claim with the other driver’s insurance (USAA) and that they weren’t part of the process. The only thing Allstate wanted was the accident report so they could file it with the DMV.
I think I’d be changing insurance companies, bud, after this whole thing gets settled

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
I think I’d be changing insurance companies, bud, after this whole thing gets settled
I’m pretty disappointed with them today. I’ve had Allstate for decades, but have never needed to deal with them in regards to a driver hitting me. I assumed that I’d contact my insurance, pass them my documents, and then they’d take care of getting what I deserve.
I’m actually pretty ignorant in regards to what to expect in this situation. I dealt with the local office today, I’ll call the national line tomorrow to see what they say.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’m pretty disappointed with them today. I’ve had Allstate for decades, but have never needed to deal with them in regards to a driver hitting me. I assumed that I’d contact my insurance, pass them my documents, and then they’d take care of getting what I deserve.
I’m actually pretty ignorant in regards to what to expect in this situation. I dealt with the local office today, I’ll call the national line tomorrow to see what they say.
Best of luck, bud, again sorry this happened to you

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Wow… just wow… glad you both are safe. That JT is totaled… I would have them payoff your rig plus some.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Wow… just wow… glad you both are safe. That JT is totaled… I would have them payoff your rig plus some.
That’s the plan at this point, hopefully things stay civil and go smoothly.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I’m sorry that I didn’t mention that no one was hurt, beyond that fact that I was in mid-gulp of a soda; the Coke Zero bottle slammed into my nose and exploding into my face when the airbag deployed. Of course my teenage nephew couldn’t stop laughing at that part.

In the end, it’s just a truck, unfortunately it was exactly what I wanted and may take some time to find the best replacement.

Of course the insurance is already trying to say that it may be repairable. The KBB shows that it’s actually appreciated by $8k (dealer trade-in) since I purchased it. I should know in a day or so.
Axle shoved back like that? You may be talking transfer case, transmission, engine, frame, axle, drive shaft, wiring harnesses............... ugh.

A car is considered a total loss in South Carolina when the cost of repairs plus the salvage value is at least 75% of the vehicle's actual cash value

Glad everyone is ok, no serious injuries, but fixable or not........... if they insist, I'd unload it and start over. I've seen those little things that crop up later.

Sponsored

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
Your insurance will simply wait for the other driver's insurance to make it right. It's 100% their fault and their insurance will have to take care of it 100% (vehicle, medical, car rental, lost time off work, etc.). If the other insurance doesn't step up, Allstate will go after them. It shouldn't affect your rates. Allstate's biggest problem so far has been poor communication. Rattle the cage a bit and you will talk to someone there who will do a better job talking you through it.

PS- Your nephew should get reimbursed for all travel he may have missed.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
What BA33 has said, the "at fault party" or who is charged with the accident, there insurance is the ones that step up and start to make everything right, and in FL. your PIP pays till exhausted!

Obviously this state is so busy, the never appraised/looked at it till a 5/6 weeks later.....

This happens and sometimes doesn't happen until you put pressure on them or hire a lawyer, and the other part is nobody wants to do the job there paid for anymore.

I have been through this with my daughter who lost a car due to a lady trying to split her and the other car in front of her, there's damage to my daughters hand, non operable, at the moment, she paid off the car, no gap, and State Farm says they'll give her $3600 for her problems.

And now my mother, hit head on in her bug, reduced mentally to a 15 year old who thinks it's 1989, and is trying to figure out why she's in a neuro unit, will need 24/7 care, and the kid has minimal mommy's insurance, so there's 3 other drivers fighting over 10K to get there cars fixed!!!! good times

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Good luck OP. I’ve had USAA for 20+ years. I’d be shocked if they don’t take care of you in a timely manner. They process member claims quickly and they can’t cut an at fault member a check and leave you hanging.

Edit: The windshield thing is laughable. I got t-boned ~20 years ago and when the condition of my vehicle came up, they asked about the windshield too. 🤣 It’s on a checklist and they have to ask, apparently.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
What BA33 has said, the "at fault party" or who is charged with the accident, there insurance is the ones that step up and start to make everything right, and in FL. your PIP pays till exhausted!

Obviously this state is so busy, the never appraised/looked at it till a 5/6 weeks later.....

This happens and sometimes doesn't happen until you put pressure on them or hire a lawyer, and the other part is nobody wants to do the job there paid for anymore.

I have been through this with my daughter who lost a car due to a lady trying to split her and the other car in front of her, there's damage to my daughters hand, non operable, at the moment, she paid off the car, no gap, and State Farm says they'll give her $3600 for her problems.

And now my mother, hit head on in her bug, reduced mentally to a 15 year old who thinks it's 1989, and is trying to figure out why she's in a neuro unit, will need 24/7 care, and the kid has minimal mommy's insurance, so there's 3 other drivers fighting over 10K to get there cars fixed!!!! good times
Dang, that sounds horrible. I’m blessed for sure. My issues are trivial in contrast to those you’re dealing with. I wish you the best.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Good luck OP. I’ve had USAA for 20+ years. I’d be shocked if they don’t take care of you in a timely manner. They process member claims quickly and they can’t cut an at fault member a check and leave you hanging.

The windshield thing is laughable. I got t-boned ~20 years ago and when the condition of my vehicle came up, they asked about the windshield too. 🤣 It’s on a checklist and that have to ask, apparently.
I’ve heard good things about USAA, so we’ll see. Oddly, even though I’ve never had any interactions with them, when I called and provided my name and phone number they somehow had access to my military info and started referringto me as Master Sergeant (knowing my rank at retirement). I’ve been retired since Sep ‘17, just thought it was interesting.
Sponsored