Tony F

Tony F

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I just bought them. My friend is the body shop manager at a jeep dealership and he quoted me $225 to paint them both. Seems good to me! Thanks again
Gained a little unde 3” in clearance…love the look!

D84794FC-6921-45A6-9374-70C1EEC91272.jpeg

35116521-6327-41BC-946F-26AA3D2E90BB.jpeg
Sponsored

EvoGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
If I add the rubicon fender flares to a stock Sport-S with tow max. Would it be able to clear 35? It will be pizza cutter narrow tires about 10.5” wide.

thanks!!

OP
OP
Tony F

Tony F

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I add the rubicon fender flares to a stock Sport-S with tow max. Would it be able to clear 35? It will be pizza cutter narrow tires about 10.5” wide.

thanks!!
The pictures are of my max tow with 35x11.5 tires. They fit with stock fenders fine, I just wanted the look for the rubicon ones with the extra space .

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
I’m just surprised the knock offs cost more than the factory. That seems kinda crazy. I guess since they are available and the factory aren’t currently maybe that makes sense.
How was the install? Everything line up and go together without any creative engineering? How’s the fit and finish? You mention color, are they lighter gray versus black?
They can name their price at this point since the OEM Rubi fenders are on backorder until mid-Sept. I placed an order in May!!!

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Max Tow

thanks!!
In case it helps, I have a max tow. Had the dealer order and install the rubicon fenders front and back so they could be paint matched as condition of buying. I have BFG KO2 35 x 12.5’s with a 1.5” spacer lift front and 3/4” rear, Rubicon take off shocks front and rear, and rubicon take off front springs (in case any of that factors into your assessment of my lift height), and here are pics of the clearance. Pretty sure I’ve seen that Jeep states Rubicons can run 35s with no problem (disclaimer - I said PRETTY sure and I don’t work for Jeep 😬) and looking at this pic even if you take out the 1.5” front lift it seems there would be plenty of room for 35s IMO. And the wide axles with the max tow I’m sure help to alleviate concern of rubbing inside the fender well. My $0.02. Good luck! Hope any of this was helpful. I’m sure whatever route you go will be pretty sweet.

AC153A35-BF0B-4579-B042-137896521718.jpeg

B25A042C-F01A-4C83-AFB2-8509C200225B.jpeg

Sponsored

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata

thanks!!
What tires are you looking at to fit those measurements? That is exactly what I am looking at. Are you mounting to a 17" or 18" rim?

OP
OP
Tony F

Tony F

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In case it helps, I have a max tow. Had the dealer order and install the rubicon fenders front and back so they could be paint matched as condition of buying. I have BFG KO2 35 x 12.5’s with a 1.5” spacer lift front and 3/4” rear, Rubicon take off shocks front and rear, and rubicon take off front springs (in case any of that factors into your assessment of my lift height), and here are pics of the clearance. Pretty sure I’ve seen that Jeep states Rubicons can run 35s with no problem (disclaimer - I said PRETTY sure and I don’t work for Jeep 😬) and looking at this pic even if you take out the 1.5” front lift it seems there would be plenty of room for 35s IMO. And the wide axles with the max tow I’m sure help to alleviate concern of rubbing inside the fender well. My $0.02. Good luck! Hope any of this was helpful. I’m sure whatever route you go will be pretty sweet.

Jeep Gladiator Adding rubicon front fender flares to sport max tow B25A042C-F01A-4C83-AFB2-8509C200225B

Jeep Gladiator Adding rubicon front fender flares to sport max tow B25A042C-F01A-4C83-AFB2-8509C200225B
I was thinking of adding the 3/4 spacer to the rear. Does it no longer sit level with it or is it still pretty close? I have the exact same setup except rubicon front springs so you’re probably an inch higher in the front than me.thanks!

OP
OP
Tony F

Tony F

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They can name their price at this point since the OEM Rubi fenders are on backorder until mid-Sept. I placed an order in May!!!
Mine are the knock offs and I couldn’t believe the quality…I can’t tell the difference and I got them in 2 days from eBay for a fraction of the price!

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking of adding the 3/4 spacer to the rear. Does it no longer sit level with it or is it still pretty close? I have the exact same setup except rubicon front springs so you’re probably an inch higher in the front than me.thanks!
I think it sits pretty level. I’ve actually put a 2 foot level on the side steps and ground to compare and not rely on my aging eyeballs, and it’s pretty close. Maybe a slightly forward rake. Slight if at all.

D3M3NT1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator... soon

Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hey. Checked the ebay listing and they say it doesn't fir the gladiator. I'm assuming it does since you described they fit your Gladiator. Mine is a 2021. Just wanted to check with you before i went and bought it.
Yes, they are listed for the wrangler but they fit the gladiator. The rear fenders do NOT fit the gladiator...I guess there's not enough of a market for those yet.

D3M3NT1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator... soon
Yes, they are listed for the wrangler but they fit the gladiator. The rear fenders do NOT fit the gladiator...I guess there's not enough of a market for those yet.
Because of the rake of the JT, at least for now, i think I won't nees the back ones. Thanks for the reply.

Geo Jeep

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow)
Occupation
Geologist

I'm looking at doing something similar and wondered about your spacer lift. Did you need to add shock mount extensions or were the Rubicon shocks long enough that you didn't need them? I'd rather stay away from shock extensions.

smw17gladiator

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking at doing something similar and wondered about your spacer lift. Did you need to add shock mount extensions or were the Rubicon shocks long enough that you didn't need them? I'd rather stay away from shock extensions.
So I debated between the Daystar 1.5 and Teraflex 1.5. Teraflex had option for 1” or 1.5” front lift and no shock extenders (maybe because of the optional lift height?), Daystar just 1.5” with shock extenders. Ended up going Daystar in part because of the shock extenders. My first spacer lift so thought maybe not losing some of the shock travel might be a positive. But saw lots of good reviews on Teraflex when debating so presume lack of shock extenders wasn’t an issue. Not a very scientific assessment I know, but for what it’s worth.
Also, as others noted for the Daystar lift, one of the shock extender’s bolt holes didn’t line up with the factory frame hole. I chose to drill out shock extender rather than drill new hole in frame. Had no issues but interested to hear thoughts against shock extenders. May end up removing mine!!

And to be clear, no issues with lift or shocks. Did have some bowing in front springs after installing lift. Not sure I’d have noticed if I didn’t see discussion on here about it. Ordered some Metalcloak correction pads and straightened them right out. $30 well spent.
Good luck whichever route you go.