First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
sales
My son has a 2020 sport S. We bought it used with 17k miles and have had it about 19 months with zero issues. Now it has 43k miles. So heres the issue:

Two weeks ago he started the jeep and it died after about 1 sec of running. We tried a few times with the same result. I took out the AUX battery, which was installed about 5 months ago, I put it on the charger for a few hours. I reinstalled it and the Jeep ran fine for about 3 days. Then it did it again. it would start then die in about a sec. I took the AUX battery out and took it back to the store and exchanged it. Resinstalled the new battery and worked again for 2 days. My son was driving it to practice, and it cut off as he was driving on the road. He rolled into a parking lot. I got there, so I thought maybe i could reset whatever is going wrong. I unhooked thee aux battery again and let it sit for 15mins. It started up, so i decided to take it to the dealership. Well I made it about 10 miles, and it died on me while i was on the highway. The Jeep became unresponsive, then with shut off.

I had it towed it to the dealership, and its been there for a week. So far, I have gotten the following... We have never seen this....Not sure what is going on....maybe your fuel is bad(no Chance) it ran fine when it ran.

Any one have any ideas what could be going on? When it runs it is fine, until its not. The main battery was replaced in Jan also.
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like the battery may be the issue since you successfully started it after making a change.

perhaps replacing both batteries would make an improvement.

or maybe the alternator?

Has the dealership provided a list of stuff they have already check? Or are they all just gathering around it deep in thought.

OP
OP

Catcher22

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
sales
My guess its a deep thought moment

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
I agree, I would replace both batteries and go from there.

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
Had that happen to me, and the dealer ended up changing both batteries. Runs like a champ now.
Sponsored