After market vendors who fail!

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
OP needs to find a custom fabrication shop and have his design built, or take a production product like JCR and have it modified to suit his needs.

If JCR gave you the load specs you are asking for, they would not be for the product as you want it configured, so consequently pointless. You already know Jeeps advertised load limits and that those are the lowest common denominator.

This whole deal comes off as an effort to exert pressure on the manufacturer to give you what you want and as such is pretty shitty.

Man up OP and apologize. It's the right thing to do.
Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
We celebrated our 17 year anniversary this year.

Again on the rack, we're unwilling to lose everything in a negligence lawsuit when we pretend that setting a rack on the ground and loading it until failure has any relevance to how it performs mounted to a truck bed bouncing down the trail. Beyond that, we've got the tools to do actual stress analysis on the rack model.

On the other hand, we are no strangers to doing "real science" here :CWL:

May we ask what you are trying to load on this rack?
Seeing the potato test and being from idaho where my first engineering job was in a potato factory makes me both proud and laugh really hard. Also just fyi, don't fire those potatoes at high velocity at people after you have been drinking tater whiskey and eating tater ice cream because it really hurts.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow - Firecracker Red
Seeing the potato test and being from idaho where my first engineering job was in a potato factory makes me both proud and laugh really hard. Also just fyi, don't fire those potatoes at high velocity at people after you have been drinking tater whiskey and eating tater ice cream because it really hurts.
In theory with propane injection and this barrel length, we are pushing 150-200 fps. I don't think I want to get hit with that ever :LOL:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
JCR said, "We'd love to have a real number above the 250 per side, but the load capacity of the bed and bed rails isn't public information, so we can't do the analysis on it."

This is bullshit, just passing the buck on to Jeep in regards to liability. Obvious they carry minimal liability insurance on their designs IMO.

"Sorry to hear that, but we do not offer the option to add additional cross bars to our bed racks. If there is anything else that I can help with please do not hesitate to ask!"

Why? This seems really dumb. What if I have a trail mishap and bent a rail? I'm supposed to buy a whole new rack instead of getting a new rail to fix it?

I'm sorry JCR, but this makes me very wary of any of your products. And even if your products are very good why would I buy a product that I can't get a replacement part? Your business model lacks hindsight and you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Uplandgunner:
* You calling out JCR is "bullshit"
* If you don't like suppliers' products, DON'T BUY THEM
* If you don't like suppliers' policies, DON'T WORK WITH THEM

Until you're a vendor dealing with bullshit keyboard warriors like you, give the suppliers a break. Their business is very difficult dealing with people like you while paying costs for things like MASSIVE liability insurance policies because people like you are often the ones who buy in spite of their complaints only to later sue them because they're not happy with said supplier.

Posting a shitty call-out thread on a forum NEVER goes away long after your whining has stopped. Man up and do what most people do - buy what they like and don't buy what they don't like
Sponsored