First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
So I have had my truck for 2 weeks and am itching to do an upgrade. I have zero experience jeeping and thought a new front bumper and winch would be a good place to start.

I am looking for a stubby front bumper. Any recs on mfrs for both bumper and winch? Also any guidance on how tough the install is? Not much of a mechanic but looking to gain some experience and do the install myself.

My truck is a Rubicon with plastic front bumper.
I have LOD on my jku and will for sure go with them for my gladiator
Sponsored

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
I am going to go with this bump from AEG, full width minimalist but still beefy. Also gonna add the winch from Harbor Freight, gets great reviews, fast line speed, synthetic rope, magnetic “d-ring” and remote/wired operation with a waterproof remote. Pictures attached of both items.
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations A8745A4B-B113-470E-8376-A499769F6C35
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations A166E8E0-E0B3-4011-989C-14461C20945D
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations A166E8E0-E0B3-4011-989C-14461C20945D

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to go with this bump from AEG, full width minimalist but still beefy. Also gonna add the winch from Harbor Freight, gets great reviews, fast line speed, synthetic rope, magnetic “d-ring” and remote/wired operation with a waterproof remote. Pictures attached of both items.
Just ordered my bumper and this same winch. Couldn't find it within 200 miles of me and it's on backorder online. Said about 6 weeks for delivery. Hope it comes sooner, bumper will be here tomorrow. Went with the Rugged Ridge spartan bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations 11548.41_installed2

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of great options out there. Prices very anywhere from 200 bucks to well over a thousand for just the front bumper. Start with by thinking about what you need it for. Looks or Function. Then as others have said look at the function that it serves with jack points and what not.

I went with the rugged ridge HD stubby. I wanted something minimal but aggressive plus I wanted a recessed winch mount to keep it low & out of the way of the radiator. It met what I wanted & at a relatively low 400 dollar price point.

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Just ordered my bumper and this same winch. Couldn't find it within 200 miles of me and it's on backorder online. Said about 6 weeks for delivery. Hope it comes sooner, bumper will be here tomorrow. Went with the Rugged Ridge spartan bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations 11548.41_installed2
Looks nice. Harbor freight here in San Jose had winch on the shelf

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice. Harbor freight here in San Jose had winch on the shelf
I finally got shipping confirmation today, said it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow so that works out since my bumper will.be here tomorrow as well. I am happy!!!:dance:

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I finally got shipping confirmation today, said it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow so that works out since my bumper will.be here tomorrow as well. I am happy!!!:dance:
Curious to see how the install goes. What was the total price?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Curious to see how the install goes. What was the total price?
I paid $423 for the bumper and $400 for the Badlands Apex Winch. I know the Manager at Harbor freight pretty good and he gave me his discount plus let me use the 20% off. I also bought a Rubicon take off steel skid plate for $50 locally, so all in for everything I'm at $873.

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I paid $423 for the bumper and $400 for the Badlands Apex Winch. I know the Manager at Harbor freight pretty good and he gave me his discount plus let me use the 20% off. I also bought a Rubicon take off steel skid plate for $50 locally, so all in for everything I'm at $873.
You did great!

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Lots of great options out there. Prices very anywhere from 200 bucks to well over a thousand for just the front bumper. Start with by thinking about what you need it for. Looks or Function. Then as others have said look at the function that it serves with jack points and what not.

I went with the rugged ridge HD stubby. I wanted something minimal but aggressive plus I wanted a recessed winch mount to keep it low & out of the way of the radiator. It met what I wanted & at a relatively low 400 dollar price point.
I have order the Rugged Ridge HD Stubby Bumper too. Do you know if you can re-use the OEM Steel Rubicon Skid Plate with this?

Sal

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the bumper Rugged Ridge Full width bumper installed. Absolutely love it. Harbor Freight Apex 12000lb winch tomorrow
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations IMG_20200531_211235
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations IMG_20200531_211255
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket bumper recommendations IMG_20200531_211319

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
So I have had my truck for 2 weeks and am itching to do an upgrade. I have zero experience jeeping and thought a new front bumper and winch would be a good place to start.

I am looking for a stubby front bumper. Any recs on mfrs for both bumper and winch? Also any guidance on how tough the install is? Not much of a mechanic but looking to gain some experience and do the install myself.

My truck is a Rubicon with plastic front bumper.
Be careful, the trailer park "purists" on this board will bash you unless you have an '05 JK (stock) with steel wheels and a ripped up interior. Lotta broke dicks on this board! lol.
Sponsored