First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I have seen mention of these headlights on here and wrangler forums. But I figured I would post a thread here with some videos and my observations while installing them.

First, these are the headlights I purchased:
Tykick 9 Inch Jeep LED Headlights... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B6HMVG91?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I created another thread regarding the halo connections. I will not rehash that info but you can find the thread here:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-connection-on-gladiators-that-have-it.66700/

The headlights install exactly like the OEM and can be plugged in directly if you have an OEM LED Jeep. But that will not provide you with turn signals. They include and adapter harness that provides leads for the Halo and for the turn signals. I used these adapters to connect the headlight and fog light halos and turn signals. The Halo info is in the thread linked above. For the turn signal, I was able to tap the aftermarket fender DRL wiring for the turn signal feed. Otherwise you can use the included wiring to connect to the feed where the fender meets with the body just in front of the doors.

I am not sure how these will function without any programming as O had already programmed my Jeep for LEDs when I installed the fender DRL and aftermarket headlights I replaced with these. I only had to configure signature lighting in the BCM to get full OEM function on the Halos. This is because I have a ‘22 year model and yhe necessary wire was added to the headlight harness staring in ‘21. Again, this info is in the other thread linked above.

The aiming of these headlights is very simple. You just need and 8mm wrench and a flat surface 25’ from a wall. The top of the cutting beam should touch the 36” mark on the wall. There are lots of videos and info on the web for this.

I love the startup animation and the aggressive look of these lights when lit up. It is alway a matter of opinion but they do it for me. I considered some more expensive options from Rough Country and Oculus. Ultimately, I decided to give these a shot first. I live to waste money on geeky things anyway.

I am attaching some videos of the lights from the front view. I do not have any of the light output yet, but will try to add that later.

Sponsored

Ghosts40

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladitor Sport
Occupation
Construction Manager
I just bought these same lights. How do tou just add a pin to the connector? I'm installing all LED upgrades on my jeep tomorrow and looking for some help. I ha e these headlights and new fogs with halos( Auxbeam). I was going to fuse tap the DRLs for fogs and headlights and tap turn signal wires for the fog and headlights into the harness at the wheel well. Any suggestions or help would really be appreciated!!