Sponsored

Aftermarket radio/speaker system

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
So I’ve seen the insanely expensive Alpine waterproof, off-road head unit and speaker system upgrade....which is nice and all but retardedly overpriced. I also saw some cheaper head units and the one speaker “upgrade” on various 4x4 sites for like 1300-1500. Anyone know if there are any other aftermarket speaker system upgrades...that don’t cost an arm and a leg for this vehicle? It’s hard to imagine JUST the 8.4” unit for 1600......let alone the aftermarket speakers for the JT.
Sponsored

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Metra now makes an install kit for the dash, so you have several options for double din shallow mount head units in the 300-600 dollar range.

It looks as if you have seen the Alpine and Insane Audio units that are drop in. Both are good units from the reviews, but budget will dictate that.

As for speakers there are now adapters for the front and rollbar that allow 6.5 speakers to be installed instead of the 4 inch. That opens up all kinds of speakers in the modest to premium range. But the adapters will run a couple hundred most likely. I have seen folks install Kicker upgrade speakers and seem to be happy with the sound.

I see you have a Rubicon, so I assume you have 7 inch non alpine system?

OP
OP
ArmyJeepGuy666

ArmyJeepGuy666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Metra now makes an install kit for the dash, so you have several options for double din shallow mount head units in the 300-600 dollar range.

It looks as if you have seen the Alpine and Insane Audio units that are drop in. Both are good units from the reviews, but budget will dictate that.

As for speakers there are now adapters for the front and rollbar that allow 6.5 speakers to be installed instead of the 4 inch. That opens up all kinds of speakers in the modest to premium range. But the adapters will run a couple hundred most likely. I have seen folks install Kicker upgrade speakers and seem to be happy with the sound.

I see you have a Rubicon, so I assume you have 7 inch non alpine system?
Yeah I have the 7 inch. It just seems like theres such a huge price difference between the 7 and the 8.4.......

Evilhomer 0||||||||0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yeah I have the 7 inch. It just seems like theres such a huge price difference between the 7 and the 8.4.......
I don't see the point, other than aesthetics to upgrade from the 7 to the 8.4, unless you got the 8.4 for next to free. There will be no difference in the sound anyway.

Here is a nice all in one ref. for upgrading these late model stereos, this article will give you a good idea of what can be done. This upgrade tend towards premium in some regards, but the basics all still apply.

https://carstereochick.com/2019/04/20/jeep-wrangler-jl-stereo-upgrade/

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So I’ve seen the insanely expensive Alpine waterproof, off-road head unit and speaker system upgrade....which is nice and all but retardedly overpriced. I also saw some cheaper head units and the one speaker “upgrade” on various 4x4 sites for like 1300-1500. Anyone know if there are any other aftermarket speaker system upgrades...that don’t cost an arm and a leg for this vehicle? It’s hard to imagine JUST the 8.4” unit for 1600......let alone the aftermarket speakers for the JT.
I spent ~$250 upgrading the stock 3.5" & 4" speakers and it made a big difference in volume and quality. The 7" has plenty of power to push some decent mid level speakers.

ClaytonH

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Occupation
Car Sales
I did the MB Quart plug and play system. I only used their speakers do I can't speak for the amps or the subs. I used a JL Audio 5 channel amp from a previous instal and 2 memphis 8 inch subs. Overall it sounds very killer. I absolutely love it. Hands down one of the best audio installs I've done and blos the infinity speakers I used in my F-150 out of the water. Very well priced for something that is pretty plug and play.
Sponsored