First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Here are some/most? Of the part numbers.

IMG_3787.jpeg

Front lowers are on Amazon for $40~ each for another cheap score.
I went with Metal cloak for the front/rear sway bar links for $50f/$60 rear. Steer smarts for the track bar up front- rear is 1/16” off center and that’s 1/16 close enough for this guy to run the stock rear track bar 👍🏼🍺
I probably couldn’t measure 1/16” let alone see it 😂
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I probably couldn’t measure 1/16” let alone see it 😂
Need a woman’s opinion on this one 😂

I would probably get the Mopar diesel springs and new shocks for the front and call it a day. Might as well do shocks while you’re in there. It’s pretty damn hard to wear out the rear unless you’re weighted down with glamping stuff.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Here are some/most? Of the part numbers.

IMG_3787.jpeg

Front lowers are on Amazon for $40~ each for another cheap score.
I went with Metal cloak for the front/rear sway bar links for $50f/$60 rear. Steer smarts for the track bar up front- rear is 1/16” off center and that’s 1/16 close enough for this guy to run the stock rear track bar 👍🏼🍺
My rear on my 22 JTR with the Mopar lift (the older Fox one) was like that. The front was off 1.5", but not measurable on the rear so I left it stock. I used Metalcloak on the front.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had the dealer install a Mopar lift on my 2018 JL Sahara. If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't got with the Mopar lift.

The ride was smooth and the articulation excellent, but I encountered too many issues:
  1. The Jeep came home with the front axle off center by 1.5 inches. I swapped out the OE track bar with a beefier, adjustable YETI track bar ($750)
  2. The steering became vague and developed a strong pull to the right. Had an alignment ($120) and swapped out the OE stabilizer with a beefier FOX 2.0 ($175). They helped some.
  3. One of my original reasons for getting the Mopar lift was to avoid warranty issues. Sadly, two weeks later the same dealer refused to do the steering box TSB on grounds that my Jeep "...has been modified..." 😫 They wanted me to bring my Jeep back to factory spec before touching it. I ended finding another dealer willing to do the TSB. The TSB did fix much of the vagueness and pull.
  4. Some time later, I got a sudden case of Death Wobble crossing a set of diagonal train tracks. The steering wheel started pulling side-to-side violently. Thankfully, I was only doing 35 MPH so I was able to bring the Jeep to a stop without incident.
IMO, the Mopar lift is a half-baked kit. The longer control arms included in the lift are insufficient to correct for the steep changes to the geometry. The lack of an adjustable track bar and a beefier stabilizer are strange omissions, as is dealers' inconsistent willingness to honor the factory warranty.

Some Youtuber did a six way lift comparo awhile back. From what I recall, the top 3 were the Dynatrac EnduroSport 2.0, the TeraFlex, and the AEV DualSport 2.5. I would look at one of those to replace the Mopar lift.

Good luck.

OP
OP

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willy's Ecodiesel
I love the idea of saving money and just ordering the springs. But, I was talking it over with my wife and brother and they reminded me of a few things--- when my Mopar lift was basically brand new I was still hitting bump stops more than I should have, and also ended up bending one of the rear sway bars. I think some of that is because of the gas instead of diesel shocks, but I also think I have this thing loaded down like a fat pig for camping, so I'm not sure springs alone will do it.

But mostly, my wife is currently on board with me getting a new lift kit. I'm not sure what her long game is with this, but it's a rare opportunity to splurge more than I would have guilt free. Right now I'm leaning towards the Clayton Offroad 3.5" diesel overland lift. This seems to get good reviews for the type of use I'm looking at. I'm still a little undecided on shocks, but I think I've at least settled on the lift part for now.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I had the dealer install a Mopar lift on my 2018 JL Sahara. If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn't got with the Mopar lift.

The ride was smooth and the articulation excellent, but I encountered too many issues:
  1. The Jeep came home with the front axle off center by 1.5 inches. I swapped out the OE track bar with a beefier, adjustable YETI track bar ($750)
  2. The steering became vague and developed a strong pull to the right. Had an alignment ($120) and swapped out the OE stabilizer with a beefier FOX 2.0 ($175). They helped some.
  3. One of my original reasons for getting the Mopar lift was to avoid warranty issues. Sadly, two weeks later the same dealer refused to do the steering box TSB on grounds that my Jeep "...has been modified..." 😫 They wanted me to bring my Jeep back to factory spec before touching it. I ended finding another dealer willing to do the TSB. The TSB did fix much of the vagueness and pull.
  4. Some time later, I got a sudden case of Death Wobble crossing a set of diagonal train tracks. The steering wheel started pulling side-to-side violently. Thankfully, I was only doing 35 MPH so I was able to bring the Jeep to a stop without incident.
IMO, the Mopar lift is a half-baked kit. The longer control arms included in the lift are insufficient to correct for the steep changes to the geometry. The lack of an adjustable track bar and a beefier stabilizer are strange omissions, as is dealers' inconsistent willingness to honor the factory warranty.

Some Youtuber did a six way lift comparo awhile back. From what I recall, the top 3 were the Dynatrac EnduroSport 2.0, the TeraFlex, and the AEV DualSport 2.5. I would look at one of those to replace the Mopar lift.

Good luck.
Go to karmart in Burlington zero issues.

Some of your issues could have been avoided with a little more reading.
1) I do hope that the $750 for a track bar is a type-o. For anyone else reading @Northridge4x4 hooked it up with a steersmarts pro for under $300 shipped 🍺👍🏼
2) alignment is required after any lift, and with the Mopar or a fixed control arm lift, can be done in the driveway with minimal tools- you just re-center the axle…
3) karmart but also- the steer smarts or Synergy brace will help tighten things up too.
4) it’s a solid axle vehicle….. so looks like you had bad timing? Outside of not tightening a few things loosened to put the lift on- this wasn’t a Mopar lift issue.

I am not a Mopar lift advocate…. Obviously based on the springs being the only part I used… but seemed a bit loaded. Granted everyone has their opinion 🍺👍🏼

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Go to karmart in Burlington zero issues.

Some of your issues could have been avoided with a little more reading.
1) I do hope that the $750 for a track bar is a type-o. For anyone else reading @Northridge4x4 hooked it up with a steersmarts pro for under $300 shipped 🍺👍🏼
2) alignment is required after any lift, and with the Mopar or a fixed control arm lift, can be done in the driveway with minimal tools- you just re-center the axle…
3) karmart but also- the steer smarts or Synergy brace will help tighten things up too.
4) it’s a solid axle vehicle….. so looks like you had bad timing? Outside of not tightening a few things loosened to put the lift on- this wasn’t a Mopar lift issue.

I am not a Mopar lift advocate…. Obviously based on the springs being the only part I used… but seemed a bit loaded. Granted everyone has their opinion 🍺👍🏼
It was a dealer installed Mopar lift. If the dealer doesn't know/cannot install a Mopar lift, and will not honor the Mopar guarantee, then there is no point of buying a Mopar lift. A key part of buying Mopar parts is so that Jeep and its dealers will honor the warranty.

If you do a bit of reading on the forums, you will find that my Jeep dealer is NOT alone in playing coy with the warranty, Mopar lift or not.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
It was a dealer installed Mopar lift. If the dealer doesn't know/cannot install a Mopar lift, and will not honor the Mopar guarantee, then there is no point of buying a Mopar lift. A key part of buying Mopar parts is so that Jeep and its dealers will honor the warranty.

If you do a bit of reading on the forums, you will find that my Jeep dealer is NOT alone in playing coy with the warranty, Mopar lift or not.
I just figured since you dedicate your signature to the Bellingham dealer it’s a 20min run to karmart…. No issues at Karmart, a bunch of significantly modified jeeps there on the regular, and there service team plays the warranty game well. I dealt with the garbage dealer on Whidbey and drive to karmart- no issues. ;) no extra reading required, just sharing personal feedback/experience since your next Closest NON- Rairdon dealer is down in Lynwood.

OP
OP

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just as an update, I got my jeep back this week. I ended up getting the Clayton Offroad Overland + 3.5 lift (for diesel). For shocks I went with the Falcon Sp2 3.3. I'm going to head to Moab to test it out next weekend, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. The lift ended up being a lot higher than I was expecting, probably my non-diesel mopar front springs had compressed more than I had realized.
Jeep Gladiator Aging Mopar lift needing replacement IMG20240408184414

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Just as an update, I got my jeep back this week. I ended up getting the Clayton Offroad Overland + 3.5 lift (for diesel). For shocks I went with the Falcon Sp2 3.3. I'm going to head to Moab to test it out next weekend, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. The lift ended up being a lot higher than I was expecting, probably my non-diesel mopar front springs had compressed more than I had realized.
Jeep Gladiator Aging Mopar lift needing replacement IMG20240408184414

That looks like a 7" lift. Either that or your on stock 33's. Man I would not be a happy person if I paid thousands of bucks to have something way higher than advertised. I think the consensus is Clayton and almost all of the other lift companies have a net result that is 1-2 inches taller than advertised. Why they can't be more accurate is beyond me and one reason I did not want to go with them.

OP
OP

Nigelcorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That looks like a 7" lift. Either that or your on stock 33's. Man I would not be a happy person if I paid thousands of bucks to have something way higher than advertised. I think the consensus is Clayton and almost all of the other lift companies have a net result that is 1-2 inches taller than advertised. Why they can't be more accurate is beyond me and one reason I did not want to go with them.

Haha, I'm on 37s. It looks a little taller than it otherwise would because I've done fender chop both front and rear. This ended up being about 2" higher in the rear than the Mopar lift, and about 4" higher in the front, but again that's because my front was not the diesel Mopar so between the heavier engine and a winch/steel bumper the front was pretty compressed after 45k miles. I'm planning on going to 39 or 40 for tires here soon, so I welcome extra space.
Sponsored