First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
I had Timbrens on my Dakota when I had a plow on it. I currently have the Airlift on my Gladiator and I run 25psi. Works great and keeps the truck from pogoing when I'm loaded. I can't speak to the install. 4WP does all my work cheaper then I can even buy it since I build their stores. ;)
Sponsored

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
I was hauling close to 1,000 lbs payload, no trailer. had 35 lbs in bags and was still about a half inch lower than the front. back Was a little higher than the front without load.

nocoast_jt

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I ran Airlift on my JKU and now Firestone on my JT. I prefer the Firestone as I like the mounting bracket for the air intake. Also, as noted the Firestone metal connector on the bag are so much nicer to install than the little metal clamp on the Airlift. Other than that, they are both good kits and you really cant go wrong with either of them.

Michael@WeGo4WhlLow

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Area Director
Love the Firestone Bags!!! They work great for me, I run 40-42 PSI and the Gladiator actually ride better!!! Yes, suck all the air out of the bags, put the cap and use zip ties to fold over. I have done few that way with no problems at all. Enjoy....
Jeep Gladiator Airbags - Firestone vs Airlift? image0 (4)

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
So how much of a necessity do you guys feel airbags or Timbren are for the JT when towing a large trailer?

I ask because it looks like Prop dad will need to pull the prop trailer this year.

The trailer is an 8X16 enclosed trailer, but the props are stage props built to be light. I am guessing. The trailer alone I am guessing is 2000 lbs, and with props 3000 to 3500 lbs.

Trying to figure out if I should just suck it up and buy airbags/timbrens or wait until I try to pull the trailer to the first competition which is only 70 miles away.
Both are so easy to install and relatively inexpensive, id say grab one or both and install them. If you have the bags in you dont need to have them inflated (over the minimum of 5psi or whatever it is) for the first pull. And then you can slowly ratchet up the pressure to see where your happy.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Love the Firestone Bags!!! They work great for me, I run 40-42 PSI and the Gladiator actually ride better!!! Yes, suck all the air out of the bags, put the cap and use zip ties to fold over. I have done few that way with no problems at all. Enjoy....
Jeep Gladiator Airbags - Firestone vs Airlift? image0 (4)
That is a very tidy and good looking setup, well done.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link

rubicon4wheeler

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Safety Supervisor
Take a look at Timber Grove. Have these on my Ram 1500 and they are excellent. Eyeing them for my pending '22 diesel JT once it gets built :(

Had airlifts on my JKUR. They were good, but over time the bags became rigid and it impacted ride and spring articulation. They were in there for about 6 years.

https://timbergroveenterprises.com/shop/19-up-jeep-gladiator-stainless-rear-asam-sq6466157
Will these work with either a spring or spacer lift? They have no instructions on their website, and only two photos, neither of which actually show the product installed under a Jeep.

Reactions: PJZ

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Will these work with either a spring or spacer lift? They have no instructions on their website, and only two photos, neither of which actually show the product installed under a Jeep.
Not sure, but they have notes on the Ram bags to give them a call if you have a lift and they can assist. They have good feedback on the Ram forum which is where I found them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cruizer8

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Freedom Edition, 1983 Postal Jeep
Take a look at Timber Grove. Have these on my Ram 1500 and they are excellent. Eyeing them for my pending '22 diesel JT once it gets built :(

Had airlifts on my JKUR. They were good, but over time the bags became rigid and it impacted ride and spring articulation. They were in there for about 6 years.

https://timbergroveenterprises.com/shop/19-up-jeep-gladiator-stainless-rear-asam-sq6466157
Thanks for pointing those out, I haven't seen those ones yet. Unfortunately they don't really have much info on their site. They are quite a bit more expensive but I like how they can directly change the ride height instead of just changing the spring rate. Now I just need to figure out how it works with a lift.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for pointing those out, I haven't seen those ones yet. Unfortunately they don't really have much info on their site. They are quite a bit more expensive but I like how they can directly change the ride height instead of just changing the spring rate. Now I just need to figure out how it works with a lift.
I will grab a pic of the bags on my ram tomorrow and post. Looks fairly similar and guessing they mount the same way. Were direct bolt ons for the Ram.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
I will grab a pic of the bags on my ram tomorrow and post. Looks fairly similar and guessing they mount the same way. Were direct bolt ons for the Ram.
Here are some pics plus one of a JT bump stop from the interweb (dont have my JT yet).
On the ram the bags are inboard and look to be outboard on the JT. Same concept from what I can tell. The bottom plate bolts to the bump stop pad and that ring o the top clamps around the lip of the bump stop perch. Same as the ram, but different are bags it appears. I think for a lift they make some type of spacer for the bottom mount. Hope that helps provide ideas for another option.

I was thinking of adding the ARB Linx that allows on the fly adjustment for the bags individually. All ideas right now and will experiment when the truck arrives. Planning to pull a small travel trailer as well as carry some weight when off roading / camping without the trailer.

IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4788.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4790.jpeg

DSC_3568.jpeg

OP
OP
Cruizer8

Cruizer8

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Freedom Edition, 1983 Postal Jeep
Here are some pics plus one of a JT bump stop from the interweb (dont have my JT yet).
On the ram the bags are inboard and look to be outboard on the JT. Same concept from what I can tell. The bottom plate bolts to the bump stop pad and that ring o the top clamps around the lip of the bump stop perch. Same as the ram, but different are bags it appears. I think for a lift they make some type of spacer for the bottom mount. Hope that helps provide ideas for another option.

I was thinking of adding the ARB Linx that allows on the fly adjustment for the bags individually. All ideas right now and will experiment when the truck arrives. Planning to pull a small travel trailer as well as carry some weight when off roading / camping without the trailer.

Jeep Gladiator Airbags - Firestone vs Airlift? DSC_3568

Thanks for all the info, it's very helpful. How long have you had them on the Ram and how have they held up? Also, how well does the mount hold to the bump stop flange? Looks like a potential weak spot due to the curve.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for all the info, it's very helpful. How long have you had them on the Ram and how have they held up? Also, how well does the mount hold to the bump stop flange? Looks like a potential weak spot due to the curve.
Little over a year on the truck. No issues at all and haven't budge since install. They work well for my set up. On the JT they are going to get a bit more of a workout of course.
Sponsored