Alabama Gladiators

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Lake Martin checking in...

Evenin folks. I'm Troy.

I'm new to the site, and new to owning a Jeep. just joined the site the other day, and just got home from picking up my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon today. The dealership experience was a nightmare, so I'll leave their name out of it. Overall, I'm happy with the deal, it was just a constant migraine with a bunch of hurry up & wait, and back & forth salesman bullsh*t.

I've been around off-roading and I built offroad trucks for majority of my life, as a welder and custom metal fabricator.

But, I'm always up for learning new stuff, and owning new vehicles (I like a challenge), so figured I'd give a Jeep a try. I never got one in the past, because of the lack of [both internal & external] storage space, but the Gladiator changed that. And since I come from a long background in offroading, I've learned over the years that you always go big, or go home. So I went with a top-optioned Rubicon. I think the only important option (IMO) that its missing is the LED headlights...Which I wish they had ordered it with.

Here's some dealership pics... It was dark when I got home, I'll post up some REAL pics of it tomorrow when it's daylight.

Jeep 1.jpeg

Jeep 2.jpeg

Jeep 8.jpeg
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Gladi! I got family in Cullman. Spent my childhood going up there and hanging out on the family farms. Between breaking horses, feeding the cows, and tending the chicken houses, it was my favorite place to be on earth. God's country, for sure.

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Sport S
Nice Gladi! I got family in Cullman. Spent my childhood going up there and hanging out on the family farms. Between breaking horses, feeding the cows, and tending the chicken houses, it was my favorite place to be on earth. God's country, for sure.
For sure! I moved here around 4 years ago for my job and can’t say enough good about it.

OP
OP
MACulberson

MACulberson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2018 Dodge Challenge Hellcat, 2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Lake Martin checking in...

Evenin folks. I'm Troy.

I'm new to the site, and new to owning a Jeep. just joined the site the other day, and just got home from picking up my 2020 Gladiator Rubicon today. The dealership experience was a nightmare, so I'll leave their name out of it. Overall, I'm happy with the deal, it was just a constant migraine with a bunch of hurry up & wait, and back & forth salesman bullsh*t.

I've been around off-roading and I built offroad trucks for majority of my life, as a welder and custom metal fabricator.

But, I'm always up for learning new stuff, and owning new vehicles (I like a challenge), so figured I'd give a Jeep a try. I never got one in the past, because of the lack of [both internal & external] storage space, but the Gladiator changed that. And since I come from a long background in offroading, I've learned over the years that you always go big, or go home. So I went with a top-optioned Rubicon. I think the only important option (IMO) that its missing is the LED headlights...Which I wish they had ordered it with.

Here's some dealership pics... It was dark when I got home, I'll post up some REAL pics of it tomorrow when it's daylight.

Jeep 1.jpeg

Jeep 2.jpeg

Jeep 8.jpeg
Good looking truck. That was my 2nd choice for color.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking truck. That was my 2nd choice for color.
Thanks man! Just took a few updated pics of it, better than those crappy stealership pics...

*** Ignore that POS Taco in the background, that’s my company-issued work truck. Can’t wait for an upgrade...

D20DC074-EB63-4372-9305-876FBBFF2401.jpeg

4A40BCEB-4C7B-428E-BA80-5C8282A0A0EE.jpeg

8F1C16E8-FC71-4ADC-A184-2AA3FBEF6EC8.jpeg

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Better pic of the new 2020 JTR today...But with the Cummins in the background.

I think I’m going 1.5” leveling kit with 35x12.50r20’s on 20x10 wheels. Can’t wait!

F592A02E-B304-4CDC-9A2F-C63DBA007BCD.jpeg

Jbruss08

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Sport S
Better pic of the new 2020 JTR today...But with the Cummins in the background.

I think I’m going 1.5” leveling kit with 35x12.50r20’s on 20x10 wheels. Can’t wait!

F592A02E-B304-4CDC-9A2F-C63DBA007BCD.jpeg
I’ve been trying to decide on lift size. I did 295 Patagonia’s on mine. They work out to 33” mounted though, so that’s the same as some of the smaller 35s.

I’m leaning to a 2.5 lift right now.... maybe even 3.5. I like a little wheel well space, but not too much.

Would love to eventually re-gear and do a 4.5 on 38s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting that new Skyjacker 2.5/1.0 lift... Should be here sometime next week.

I think i'm going to run 37x13.50's on some 20x10 wheels. Still debating on 35's vs 37's. The 35's would be easier with the stock 4.10 gears, but the 37's just look so damn good on there. Decisions, decisions...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
One of my best friends (who is a member on here "jbgator"), his wife, and his 2 daughters were fishing Friday night and their boat capsized. Everyone is ok, other than some cuts and scrapes from the waves and rocks, his wallet is gone, and most of his rods & reels ($$$), and his wife's state-issue cellphone...But all the people involved are ok. The boat will survive now, the motor might be ok once we drain it, let it dry out, and get fresh fluids in it. The cowl needs replacing (got crunched). But otherwise they escaped with minimal damage and minimal loss. Could have been much worse. We used my boat to drag the boat back to the boat ramp. Then we loaded up on the trailer upside down (full of water, couldn't flip it over). The marina guys were really cool and offered to help us flip it back over on the trailer with the forklift. Big thanks to them!

This is his Gator green JTR in the pic...

125735BC-43BE-4F1E-9697-50863902E456.jpeg

This is my YT channel...I do music, muscle cars, offroad stuff, soon to be JTR stuff ;), guitar reviews, pickup sound testing, some original music, some covers, etc... My earlier recordings were terrible, as I didn't have the high-end recording equipment I have now. I'll probably do some guns and reloading stuff in the future, as well.

Feel free to like, sub, and share it on your social media pages, forums, etc... as I don't use social media, so others helping me out, really helps me out and helps my channel grow, which someday might help fund some cool JTR mods...Like a Hellcat and Dana 60 swap! :like:

OP
OP
MACulberson

MACulberson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2018 Dodge Challenge Hellcat, 2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
One of my best friends (who is a member on here "jbgator"), his wife, and his 2 daughters were fishing Friday night and their boat capsized. Everyone is ok, other than some cuts and scrapes from the waves and rocks, his wallet is gone, and most of his rods & reels ($$$), and his wife's state-issue cellphone...But all the people involved are ok. The boat will survive now, the motor might be ok once we drain it, let it dry out, and get fresh fluids in it. The cowl needs replacing (got crunched). But otherwise they escaped with minimal damage and minimal loss. Could have been much worse. We used my boat to drag the boat back to the boat ramp. Then we loaded up on the trailer upside down (full of water, couldn't flip it over). The marina guys were really cool and offered to help us flip it back over on the trailer with the forklift. Big thanks to them!

This is his Gator green JTR in the pic...

125735BC-43BE-4F1E-9697-50863902E456.jpeg

This is my YT channel...I do music, muscle cars, offroad stuff, soon to be JTR stuff ;), guitar reviews, pickup sound testing, some original music, some covers, etc... My earlier recordings were terrible, as I didn't have the high-end recording equipment I have now. I'll probably do some guns and reloading stuff in the future, as well.

Feel free to like, sub, and share it on your social media pages, forums, etc... as I don't use social media, so others helping me out, really helps me out and helps my channel grow, which someday might help fund some cool JTR mods...Like a Hellcat and Dana 60 swap! :like:

Im glad they are ok. Lake Martin can be dangerous at times. My Uncle nearly got killed in a boat wreck on the Dadeville side.

But I did learn to swim in that lake. My Dad threw me in and told me “sink or swim”.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody on here in a black JT happen to have been driving down Hwy 63 in Eclectic, near Lake Martin, around 6pm yesterday evening? I passed someone in my JTR, exchanged a passing wave, and was just curious if it was a member here? :like:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Coming home from work, saw another black JT with wheels and tires near D&S in Eclectic.. Just curious if they’re members here.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Skyjacker G250MSB 2.5” front / 1.0” rear lift... Ordered my 20x10 wheels today...Will order my 37x13.50’s probably tomorrow.

Stock...

28464FC4-A680-4871-B7A7-FCB48EC8626F.jpeg

Skyjacker 2.5”/1.0” lift...

D0F73CD5-DBE3-4E5A-9109-AEC23328C1BB.jpeg

OP
OP
MACulberson

MACulberson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to put a lift on mine. ...but I'm fat and crippled from living a full life.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to put a lift on mine. ...but I'm fat and crippled from living a full life.
Same here, but I haven’t had a stock-height truck in 20 years, so, at this point, I’m just use to it. :CWL:

But, the Jeep is one of the mildest builds I’ve done. :like:
Sponsored