First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
new Alexa skill enable remote start/stop, lock and unlock doors.. I find this to be pretty damn kool (I'm a low voltage/automation company). Cant wait for a Control4 driver to start truck a xx:xx time or reminder that you didn't fill up with gas last night, So leave early today.. or that charging for the new EV has started or is fully charged.. so many ideas
Most will not like this idea but the Telsa owners have been asking for this for years!
Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Its a good bet that you will never see a "start vehicle at xx:xx time" feature ...

What if someone parked in the garage and then forgot to change the "schedule" and asphyxiated their family or something ?

Electric car different story .. Not that it would matter but you could maybe tell it to warm up or cool down the interior at a certain time ...

Start an internal combustion engine automatically with no user direct user intervention ? Meh, pretty dangerous situation ...

OP
OP
kooltoys

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
Its a good bet that you will never see a "start vehicle at xx:xx time" feature ...

What if someone parked in the garage and then forgot to change the "schedule" and asphyxiated their family or something ?

Electric car different story .. Not that it would matter but you could maybe tell it to warm up or cool down the interior at a certain time ...

Start an internal combustion engine automatically with no user direct user intervention ? Meh, pretty dangerous situation ...
Hey what's up Zappo, recognized the screen name from the forums.
I can see your point on auto start for customers, I'm thinking hot summer days or cold winter mornings for those up north
easy enough to trigger from a keypad or custom button

Sponsored

OP
OP
kooltoys

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I have an Alexa (Echo Auto) in my JL and JT.... Was a pre-sales tester for Amazon of the Echo Auto...
THis is built into alexa and connects to your uconnect account. activates functions though the web

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Huh, I can yell at Alexa through my Wyze band to tell UConnect to start my Jeep, did it once to see it work. Starting to remind of playing telephone in Kindergarten.

I do like the connectedness, but I'm all too aware how fragile the IoT security situation is.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Please, Number Five: Remove the Jeep’s doors!
Jeep Gladiator Alexa, Start my jeep! C38E06A1-3ED7-43EC-B096-5C0AC890E341

raidaisp

First Name
Stas Motor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Occupation
Artist
I'm excited to join the conversation and hear everyone's thoughts. As a Tesla owner, I can definitely relate to wanting to start my vehicle remotely. I think it's pretty cool that the new Alexa skill enables us to do this. I'm also a big fan of automation and low voltage technology, so I'm curious to know if there are any plans to develop a driver that would allow us to start our Jeeps at a certain time or be reminded when we need to fill up with gas. The possibilities seem endless! Just the other day, I read an article on https://multitechverse.com/ that discussed some of the ways that electric vehicles can benefit from automation and remote technology. What do you all think?
Sponsored

Last edited: