All TPMS sensors not being read

dshed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR
Occupation
Car Designer
I am having a similar issue where the tpms will not work. I swapped JK wheels and sensors onto my JT. Are they not compatible or can a shop "wake them up" to work with my JT?
Sponsored

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I am having a similar issue where the tpms will not work. I swapped JK wheels and sensors onto my JT. Are they not compatible or can a shop "wake them up" to work with my JT?
I’m assuming they won’t work on 2021s there completely different part numbers I bought oem ones for my jk when I did wheels and tires on it kneeing I’d eventually get a gladiator fortunately they worked on my 2020 gladiator but now that I traded for a 2021 they will not work

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
UPDATE:
The other day the sensor light came on again, but none of the TPMS sensors showed offline. They actually read the near correct PSI. No coded found, I used the Taser mini to do a full reboot of the system and the light went away. The next day it came back. Used the Taser mini again to completely turn off the TPMS.

Annoying little booger

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
UPDATE:
The other day the sensor light came on again, but none of the TPMS sensors showed offline. They actually read the near correct PSI. No coded found, I used the Taser mini to do a full reboot of the system and the light went away. The next day it came back. Used the Taser mini again to completely turn off the TPMS.

Annoying little booger
I've read the spare tire (although not shown on the dash) is also read, and can be the culprit.

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
I've read the spare tire (although not shown on the dash) is also read, and can be the culprit.
No spare. Have got it mounted yet

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe that is the problem???
How could that be a problem when spare tires do not come with the TPMS sensors......... so not having a spare at all can't cause issues.

I have a 5th matching wheel and tire under my truck - WITH TPMS - and it causes no issues.
Quite a few people run this way.

So,
since the spares don't come with TPMS sensors lacking a spare and sensor can't be the cause
and
since some of us run a matching wheel and tire with tpms - that also should be no problem.

I had 4 wheels and tires WITH TPMS sensors in the bed of my truck each time I had tires rotated - no issues.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
How could that be a problem when spare tires do not come with the TPMS sensors......... so not having a spare at all can't cause issues.

I have a 5th matching wheel and tire under my truck - WITH TPMS - and it causes no issues.
Quite a few people run this way.

So,
since the spares don't come with TPMS sensors lacking a spare and sensor can't be the cause
and
since some of us run a matching wheel and tire with tpms - that also should be no problem.

I had 4 wheels and tires WITH TPMS sensors in the bed of my truck each time I had tires rotated - no issues.
Makes sense. I just read somewhere someone was having an issue and it turned out to be the sensor in the spare causing problems.

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
Found out that on June 5 2021 they changed tpms sensors monitor system so different sensor part number mine was built june 11 2021 go figure, Benny was able to get me correct part number… fortunately they are cheaper 👍🏼 $20 a pop
Sponsored