Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 86 CJ7, 2010 Ranger 4x4, 95 F150 (2) etc
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Bought a set of Mohave take offs for my Max Tow. The seller, a member here and bought from here, said that they came with the sensors. My JT hasn't read them yet after a couple hundred miles. I have increased the pressure, pulled the valve stem and deflated and reinflate to 40 psi and still nothing. I even shoved a thin piece of zip tie in the valve stem when the core was out and it came to a stop where I figured the sensor should be. I have not broken the beads and actually looked for the sensor yet. Even borrowed a tpms programer from a buddy but it doesn't have a JL or JT in it's available vehicle. Anything else I can do to get them to read?

PXL_20210713_195127957.jpg
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I would try disconnecting the battery ground off the main battery and follow the one ground wire off that to the right fender ground attachment and remove that also for the ESS battery. Leave it off for 10-15 minutes, reattach and take if for a drive again. Basically resets everything.

Other than that may be a dealer visit but I would be super sure you actually got TPMS sensors installed. I do not know if your zip tie trick of probing the stem hole is 100% valid. I cannot find a good pic to seem if the threaded hole for the sensor attachment to the stem is a through hole.

As to the member that sold them to you, established member or just posted to sell and has not been seen since?

JoshBiz

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
IT
I would check the owners manual there is a way to set them up where the horn beeps when the wheel is connected.
I have not tried it on my Jeep but had to do that on my GMC.
please keep us posted,

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
I had the dealer install my new wheels and tires about a year ago. They used the factory wheel sensors. Recently I did a 5 tire rotation and now have 2 sensors not connecting to the TPMS. It looks like the spare did not have a sensor which is now on the right rear. That is throwing off another tire, left front. The dealer ordered a new sensor and will install it on the "spare" tire in a few days. The tire guy said after that, everything will sink up. Also, there seems to be a few different sensors, make sure you get the right one.

Question............do JT's come with a sensor in the spare? I have heard no and yes. Just trying to figure out if this $$$ is on me or them!

OP.......you may have a spare without a sensor which is now on the JT. The dealer was able to check in a few minutes and determined that the tire was not transmitting a signal.
Sponsored