Alpine Upgraded Audio Package

Tankmix1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Was thinking of installing the mac daddy Alpine audio upgrade on my '21 Mojave...definitely not cheap as I got a quote of $3100 and change installed...two questions...has anyone done this upgrade? if so, would appreciate your comments sound wise...also, thoughts on the $$'s I am being quoted...thx in advance

safe travels
Sponsored

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Mac daddy Alpine upgrade? Which one are you actually referring to?
If you’re talking about the Alpine upgrade like this:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/alpine/full-sound-system-upgrade-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-pss-23wra
then I can give some input.

The wife has a 2020 JLU with the non alpine 7” system. She complained that she could barely hear the music with the top off. So I ordered one and installed it.
I’m not a stereo expert, but had plenty of experience playing around with such things in my younger days. Install took me right around 4 hours. If I had to do it again, I’d guess I could get that down to 2.5-3 hours. Hardest part was removing the passenger seat and running the wires as I wanted the cleanest install possible.
Overall it’s an easy install as it’s plug and play. Once in, making adjustments to the sub to fit her tastes in music took some time.
The nice thing about that system is it comes with new dash tweeters, which are probably the weakest part of the stock system, and it amplifies all the speakers.
Now it’s plenty loud enough for her, she can hear it with top and doors off, and the sound is much more “clean.”
I’d even venture to say it’s a bit louder than my factory Alpine system in my 21 JT.