Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Hello gents,
I saw on Amazon today they have Warn evo 10s winches on sale for $145 off.

WARN 103253 VR EVO 10-S Electric 12V DC Winch with Synthetic Rope: 3/8" Diameter x 90' Length, 5 Ton (10,000 lb) Pulling Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJHVQTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_E912FJ4H5FNW37SF5G9B

With tax and all I snagged mine for $742.47. Not a bad deal, I haven’t seen these go on sale anywhere and that’s the best price I’ve found this past year. Just wanted to share a good deal with the forum.

Cheers
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Hello gents,
I saw on Amazon today they have Warn evo 10s winches on sale for $145 off.

WARN 103253 VR EVO 10-S Electric 12V DC Winch with Synthetic Rope: 3/8" Diameter x 90' Length, 5 Ton (10,000 lb) Pulling Capacity https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJHVQTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_E912FJ4H5FNW37SF5G9B

With tax and all I snagged mine for $742.47. Not a bad deal, I haven’t seen these go on sale anywhere and that’s the best price I’ve found this past year. Just wanted to share a good deal with the forum.

Cheers
Got it thanks.

Frenzy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Manager
The price is good. But you should also consider there are different perspectives to synthetic versus metal cable. Synthetic is safer if it were to snap and floats on water. However synthetic is a lot more expensive, the sun degrades the material so you must buy a winch cover too, and it frays after being dragged over rocks so eventually the line weakens faster. Cable is safe if your methods are smart by keeping folks at a distance and using a good damper with it, metal cable costs a lot less money, it doesn't degrade in the sun nor does it fray. Additionally, for less money than the 10-S with a synthetic line you can buy a Warn EVO 12 with a cable line, and have 2,000 lbs more of pulling capability. Now if you go by the rule of thumb that 1.5 times your vehicle weight will suffice then theoretically the extra capacity is less significant. However, I'm sure I not alone in having experiences where that rule of thumb did not suffice. I've been stuck in dumb places where it took two winches to pull me out, like in deep mud where one 9K and one 20K lbs capacity struggled and had to cool off (30 minute recovery). Two weeks ago my buddy ran Fordyce and got in such a bad wedge that it took 4 winches to free him. When comparing spending the same amount of money, I'll recommend the Warn EVO 12 with metal cable for it's additional pull capacity.

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I'm hesitant now to buy stuff like this from amazon. I've bought other parts for my jeep in the past and they were missing parts or were the wrong thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScottHarr_JT

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
The price is good. But you should also consider there are different perspectives to synthetic versus metal cable. Synthetic is safer if it were to snap and floats on water. However synthetic is a lot more expensive, the sun degrades the material so you must buy a winch cover too, and it frays after being dragged over rocks so eventually the line weakens faster. Cable is safe if your methods are smart by keeping folks at a distance and using a good damper with it, metal cable costs a lot less money, it doesn't degrade in the sun nor does it fray. Additionally, for less money than the 10-S with a synthetic line you can buy a Warn EVO 12 with a cable line, and have 2,000 lbs more of pulling capability. Now if you go by the rule of thumb that 1.5 times your vehicle weight will suffice then theoretically the extra capacity is less significant. However, I'm sure I not alone in having experiences where that rule of thumb did not suffice. I've been stuck in dumb places where it took two winches to pull me out, like in deep mud where one 9K and one 20K lbs capacity struggled and had to cool off (30 minute recovery). Two weeks ago my buddy ran Fordyce and got in such a bad wedge that it took 4 winches to free him. When comparing spending the same amount of money, I'll recommend the Warn EVO 12 with metal cable for it's additional pull capacity.
mostly just wanted to post up the good deal. I know a lot of guys want the 10s for their jeeps. But valid points to bring up about winching in general!

I'm hesitant now to buy stuff like this from amazon. I've bought other parts for my jeep in the past and they were missing parts or were the wrong thing.
I felt the same way, but with free returns I took the gamble. Also, everything showed up perfect and works great. Got it installed as soon as ups dropped it off.

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Just so people are aware, the Warn EVO is 100% made in China. Not saying it isn't a decent winch, but it might not be the same quality that you're used to seeing from Warn.

Frenzy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Manager
Just so people are aware, the Warn EVO is 100% made in China. Not saying it isn't a decent winch, but it might not be the same quality that you're used to seeing from Warn.
The EVO VR series is made in a China factory that only produces Warn winches in conformance with the strict specifications dictated by the Warn USA engineering, design and testing requirements. Some people may have a preconceived notion that Chinese manufactured always means it's a lower quality, however as long as the engineering, design and testing is executed per USA quality and production standards I don't have an issue with this. Warn keeps cost down significantly by producing products in China while still maintaining the USA performance quality they're know for. As a consumer saving money while continuing to maintain equal production quality is something I sincerely appreciate, and would much rather pay $650 for a winch and not $1,075 for the exact same product. The problems with China made winches come from companies that are willing to compromise engineering, design and testing standards, resulting in a lower quality product, all in the interest of their revenue and without regard to the customer. Warn is not one of those companies, they take pride in their products and strive to preserve their legendary reputation for top-quality winches.
Sponsored

Last edited: