First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
The reviews on the Quadratec site is really not encouraging...
I saw it was a fit issue but haven’t come across anyone here who said that yet. I could have missed it, but I like the idea of low mount snorkel getting cooler air.
Don’t think I need or want high and I think 500 is a lot of money for an intake anyway. If there’s no performance or sound, I’d be choosing either this for aesthetics or the momentum CAI for performance and a little throat
Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
any thoughts on sound or performance difference? I know performance is minimal anyway, but I’m curious to see if there is a noticeable drone because it’s so much closer to the windshield, whether you get more throat to the engine, etc.
Sorry, got the notification and totally forgot about this.
I noticed NO sound or performance differences.
Would I do it again at this expense? no
IF I lived out west, maybe, but down here? no.
Remember: This truck had been anticipated for so long, that I said that I was going to do EVERYTHING I thought, "hell, YOLO"... :LOL:

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Sorry, got the notification and totally forgot about this.
I noticed NO sound or performance differences.
Would I do it again at this expense? no
IF I lived out west, maybe, but down here? no.
Remember: This truck had been anticipated for so long, that I said that I was going to do EVERYTHING I thought, "hell, YOLO"... :LOL:
I mean, it is cool looking. I just wish function was as closely paid attention to as form. If you got the RR would you be happier? is it a look thing or a function thing?

I wish someone would just come out with a combo of Snorkel and better air intake/filter. I'm not a fan of the K&N replacement filters. Give me a snorkel attached to an AFE CAI and then I get the best of both worlds :)

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I mean, it is cool looking. I just wish function was as closely paid attention to as form. If you got the RR would you be happier? is it a look thing or a function thing?

I wish someone would just come out with a combo of Snorkel and better air intake/filter. I'm not a fan of the K&N replacement filters. Give me a snorkel attached to an AFE CAI and then I get the best of both worlds :)
NOT unhappy, just think money spent would be happier in my pocket.
I really do like the look, just question in hindsight the amount spent for a bowtie.

Kch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon,1932 ford sedan,1932 ford coupe,1931 ford sedan,1959 Olds custom1959 Olds custom
I'm running the RR snorkel and love it. Mine has very good fitment. I am running the pre filter with it. I've not had a chance to take it off road yet,but I can see trash in the pre filter even with just road driving. I have no doubt that it will work well on dusty trails. I don't even notice it when i am driving. I

Sponsored

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
Painted and installed. I will say the fit isn't perfect, but it beats cutting a hole in the hood. Also, if you plan on painting it, sand it more than I did, as I can still see the texture of the plastic (the texture matches the stock fender flares). I might take it off and paint the block off cowl piece the snorkel rests on.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg
what paint did you use?

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine off Amazon (which was really 4Wheel) but was the best price.

Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 2.47.11 PM.png

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
Painted and installed. I will say the fit isn't perfect, but it beats cutting a hole in the hood. Also, if you plan on painting it, sand it more than I did, as I can still see the texture of the plastic (the texture matches the stock fender flares). I might take it off and paint the block off cowl piece the snorkel rests on.

Jeep Gladiator Amfib raised air intake, where sold Screen Shot 2020-12-06 at 2.47.11 PM

NIce! -
How did you paint it? Color match spray paint?
Sponsored